Celebrating 20 years of marriage

Tom Sawyer

My wife and I met in Lynnwood sometime in August 1989, we worked together for a day, then in October we started working together nearly every day, we became good friends, both of us involved with other people. In February of 1990 we fell in love and started dating, moved in with each other in June. In January 1991 we learned she was pregnant, we decided that we should probably get married, even though we didn't really think it was necessary, but "proper" - so we did it... May 3rd, 1991.

Can't beleive it's been 20 YEARS!! It goes by so fast, of course, for my wife it probably feels more like 50 years! ohmy.gif

Anyway... big milestone!!

Just awesome! Congratulations!!

trink39.gif

thank you all... nothing has run as long in my life. I've very happy, and honored to be in the company of such a wonderful woman!!

QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ May 3 2011, 12:59 PM)
thank you all... nothing has run as long in my life. I've very happy, and honored to be in the company of such a wonderful woman!!

After 20 years, that is awesome to hear. I'm at 11.5 - and feel the same way. I hope things are still like that for us when we reach 20, 30 and beyond.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 3 2011, 11:06 AM)

After 20 years, that is awesome to hear. I'm at 11.5 - and feel the same way. I hope things are still like that for us when we reach 20, 30 and beyond.

Just make sure you treat her awesome, and save all your petty arguments for message boards wink.gif

QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ May 3 2011, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 3 2011, 11:06 AM)

Just make sure you treat her awesome, and save all your petty arguments for message boards wink.gif

Ah, we don't worry about the little crap. We both have the same goal - kids first. We don't blow money on travel or fancy cars... we spend it on making sure our kids have what they need, and often also what they want, but we make sure they earn their extras. We save the rest for college, aside from a small family vacation once a year.

We both feel life's too short for the stupid little crap. Any of the big crap we talk about and don't let it get into something bigger.

That's awesome, something to celebrate for sure - congratulations!

Congratulations! My parents are actually having their 20th anniversary next weekend, what a coincidence. Hope you two have a very good day today smile.gif

In an age where divorce takes place in every second home, this is truly great to see.

trink39.gif Cheers to you two and to twenty more!

Ah, cool man. It was a short 20 years wasn't it? lol I barely got the edge on ya. We met in October of 1990 and just 2 weeks later we moved in together and that was all she wrote. Ain't been apart since. Only we never got married, not sure if we ever will because we are happy like we are, but if we ever did decide to marry then that's ok too. We just didn't feel the urge to back then and we didn't have any kids so no biggie. I sort of took the Gene Simmons route I guess lol, although he and Shannon did have a boy and girl of their own.

Very good! Excellent, in fact cool.gif

Congrats and keep up the good work! trink39.gif

Archived