Dress codes

Mara

What's your company (or school) require as far as clothing?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What's your company (or school) require as far as clothing?

• Uniform
    • Professional (i.e., suits & ties, nylons for women in skirts)
    • Business casual (khakis, polos & jackets acceptable)
    • "All we ask is that you please not come to work naked"
    • I work at home, frequently in pajamas or sweats

Just curious. I myself could never work anywhere requiring professional attire. I feel like I am wearing someone else's skin when I have to dress up. Very ill at ease.

It's t-shirts and jeans for us, though some like to dress up a bit more. No one cares. I'm always neat and I do make a bit more of an effort on days when I have to spend time at a client's office.

My school requires us to take tech/shop classes so the dress code is anything that isn't baggy and won't get caught in any machinery. Most of us just wear jeans, a crappy t-shirt, and sneakers or workboots. The school is very strict with baggy jeans. Like most schools, people have been kicked out of classes for wearing their pants below their waists. Other than that, they have the typical dress code rules; no revealing clothing for girls, no gang symbols on shirts, etc.

college has no requirements. high school had a dress code. never had a job with a dress code (except when i've had to play for black-tie events), though if i end up working at the supermarket this summer it will be uniform.

Somewhere between business casual and professional. During cold weather, it's sweaters/layers/dressy pants (though I wear some knit types); in warm weather, it's light sweater, dress shirt, or nice knit shirt (polos okay on Fridays) with pants or a skirt (no hose okay with dress sandals in summer). Dressy capris are okay on Friday. All shirts have to have at least a short sleeve (hate this - there are a lot of nice sleeveless clothes). I'll even wear a jumper/dress on occasion, but that's getting rarer all the time.

I was just gathering clothes for a donation drive and realized I probably have enough T-shirts to give Geddy's wardrobe a run for it...really wish I had a casual job. Even when I used to, I don't think we could wear anything printed.

basically it's "a level higher than your clientele and/or basic shopper" so..suit n tie might be overdoing it a bit. Khakis n button down shirt is what i mainly wear, and as a team leader, I set the example...

wow

fridays and sometimes saturdays i go with jeans n some kinda shirt, nothing ratty n dirty though

ever

My school has "dress code" policies but they're never reinforced. The only thing they ever get after people for is hats (because it's easy: "Take off the hat"). I know there are 2500 kids so it's unrealistic to expect full compliance, but the fact that it's on paper is just for legal purposes; "Well, it's IN the handbook!"

Shyeah, right. Guys walk around with their butts hanging out of their pants. Girls walk around with more hanging out.

For the kids: Uniforms(it's gang territory, so it keeps them safe)

For the teachers: A reminder that we are the only professionals they see

besides the doctor, so we should dress the part....not easy to do when you are the floor with the kids all day.

Working at the Airport Air Canada provides us with all of our work clothes, pretty much dickies style work pants, solid blue t-shirts, golf shits button up shirts or sweatshits all with the AC logo. You can wear whatever depending on the weather.

I've shown up in non Air Canada sweatshirts and management hasnt at all batted an eye.

One time our boss saw me with a hockey hat on and asked why I didnt have an AC hat, I said the company didnt give me one and I havent heard about it since lol

I'm pretty much dressed like this every day. I don't have to, I just do.

http://www.q-tarantino.de/pictures/reservoir08.jpg

But I take the jacket off if it's too hot or I wanna cut someone's ear off while listening to Stuck in the Middle with You.

I polled in at professional but only becuase I work in a big law firm and the attorneys (along with management) are nearly required to wear suits and exercise careful judgement when meeting with clients. I work in their accounting department and along with the legal secretaries, we're more business casual.

We have casual Fridays and casual summer, but no denim allowed. No leggings, even under a dress. The only time we wear jeans is if we have a charity day and we donate $5 to a charity to do so, but those are rare. I'd give anything to wear jeans on all Fridays and honestly, for non-attorneys, I wish we could.

Every job I had got more and more strict... in order from graduating from college:

NASA - Short, T-shirt were fine

Next Job - Jeans, button down

Current Job - khaki's and button down

I do not want to take the next step - won't catch me wearing a noose every day!

We have two seasons of dress code here. In the winter-spring dress slacks and a button up dress shirt. Summer-Fall, khaki's and a polo shirt.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 25 2011, 11:01 PM)
Just curious.  I myself could never work anywhere requiring professional attire. 

Sure you would if the price was right. Their is always a price.

Edited by tick

I firmly believe public schools should have uniforms.

I would back it 100% Too many kids get picked on because they wear K Mart or Walmart clothing because its all they're parents can afford. While others walk around in Abercrombie and Fitch and act like there shit don't shit because they're parents have money.

Kids can be cruel little shits who deserve a good smack in the head for an attitude adjustment.

Bring on school uniforms!

By the way, My kid has nice clothes so this is not the reason for my feelings. I just feel horrible for kids who get picked on. I have felt deeply about it since I defended the kids who got picked on when I was a kid. I would gladly get into fist fights to defend other kids and I quite often did.

Work: No jeans, black pants and any colour shirt is ok, laminate

School: no jeans, scrubs/LuLu's and a t-shirt with running shoes

Clinic: Uniform polo shirt, khaki pants and running shoes, laminate and holster

So no jeans in all those places... can you guess what I wear on my off time? wink.gif

Mine's the "just dont come to work naked" policy, but I have been provided with T-shirts/sweatshirts with our company logo on them. I'm not forced to wear them, though. I do anyway, because I think it's polite to wear a company shirt when out on installations in peoples' homes and whatnot. Just so they know I'm not some creepy lookin guy hangin out in their kitchen tongue.gif