DT's announcement of new drummer...

Rod in Toronto

This is so epic that I thought it deserved its own thread. From DT's official page:

"Go to Dream Theater's Facebook page on Thursday, 4/21 at 11 AM to sign up for the mailing list and to receive more details about an exclusive and intimate look at the auditions, and to find out exactly when and how the momentous announcement about the band's new lineup will be made. Also on Facebook, fans will be able to find out information about the band's upcoming 2011 World Tour."

YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ Apr 18 2011, 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 18 2011, 08:17 PM)
John "Stumpy" Pepys wouldn't be a bad choice, either.

great drummer

True dat, but Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs was redefining the art of drumming prior to his untimely death from choking to death on vomit... 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 18 2011, 11:21 PM)
I'm still a fan of Dream Theater and will see them live if they come near me, but this is really pissing me off.

Same. This whole shenanigan about who's going to be the drummer is getting to me. As great as Portnoy is, whoever replaces him has some huge boots to fill. And to be honest, it shouldn't have taken them this long and leave their fans in the dark as to what will happen. Let's just hope they get one before they start touring this year.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 18 2011, 08:21 PM)
I'm still a fan of Dream Theater and will see them live if they come near me, but this is really pissing me off.

I say blame it on Mike.. He ditched his loyal members for the A7X dips. When this happened, DT decided to dust off and move on, and probably found a good relation with this new drummer.. Now, they can't just let Mike back in like nothing happened.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 18 2011, 10:06 PM)
Talk about dragging it out, what a soap opera, just focking make the announcement...

eyesre4.gif

Who gives a flyin fock about the audition? Bring on MIKE MANGINI!!! cheer.gif

So go to their fb page, sign up for their newsletter in hopes to someday find out when and how the new drummer will be revealed?

I already don't like how they're handling things in mp's absence. As a loyal dt fan of 20.5 years they're really jeapardizing my loyalty with this stunt. They probably made a promo video and this is their way of forcing us to watch it. Pffft. .

I blame portnoy for turning his back on the dream team. Fukk that bitch....

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I'm confidant they have someone great (Hell maybe even better than Mike on a technical level) but the chemistry will be changed.

You just don't play the same way if you play with differant musicians.

I'm a the the IRDGAF state.....the band dropped the ball big time on this one...

Mike wanted some time off so when he DID come back, he would be fresh.

The amount of time they took screwing around with this, they could have just given Mike his "time" and gotten on with it.

Whomever DOES take over, better make MP look like a beginner, or it's not going to work....

(Personally, I thought they should have given it up after Falling Into Infinity, everything after that album, except for Train of Thought was over blown, notes for the sake of notes overkill!)

Archived