NEIL CORNERED IN A HOTEL LOBBY

tapermike

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 18 2011, 11:30 AM)
Oh, the thread was redundant after the first few posts, I'm just hanging around until Treeduck reveals the identity of the chick with the KFC bucket on her head  1287.gif

Hey, it's Madra! All of a sudden this thread has some value. yes.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 18 2011, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 18 2011, 07:30 AM)
Oh, the thread was redundant after the first few posts, I'm just hanging around until Treeduck reveals the identity of the chick with the KFC bucket on her head  1287.gif

That's not a chick. That's Brian Carroll (AKA Buckethead).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead

z7shysterical.gif

You thought that was a chick???

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Apr 15 2011, 09:14 PM)
It's posts like those above that give me an almost immeasurable level of empathy for what Neil has to go through just to practice his craft at the highest level and entertain millions of people.

No shit batman

Where do these trolls crawl out from?

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 15 2011, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 15 2011, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 15 2011, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (Derxst @ Apr 15 2011, 08:43 PM)
See 4:33 of the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8jKGQj9wYQ&feature=related

OK BUT IF I AM A PAYING GUEST AT THE HOTEL THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

If you do it while they're on tour, I'm pretty sure his security won't let you get that close.

MAYBE I WILL SURPRISE HIM WHEN HE IS DRINKING CARROT JUICE AND DOING THAI CHI AS I KNOW HE IS IN TO THAT NEW AGE ORIENTAL STUFF.

With the way you yell he will hear you coming and escape.

BTW, if a "paying guest" acts like an ass (or is perceived as such) the hotel has every right to eject you from the premises. Ask the Ritz Carlton in Naples.

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 15 2011, 06:25 PM)
I HAVE THIS ODD DESIRE TO CORNER NEIL IN A FINE HOTEL AND FORCE HIM TO MEET ME. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK WOULD HAPPEN?

I'm going to apply for a job as Geddy's bodyguard. I'm female and a lot shorter than average, but I think I have a better chance of success than you do.

2.gif

cool.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 18 2011, 10:02 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 15 2011, 10:37 PM)
new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif I thought this was going to be an interesting thread...  tongue.gif

Really? i thought it was pretty clear right from the first post that this thread was going to be useless crap.

I'm an optimist...sometimes...

wink.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 16 2011, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 16 2011, 01:58 AM)

OK BUT IF I AM A PAYING GUEST AT THE HOTEL THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

If you do it while they're on tour, I'm pretty sure his security won't let you get that close.

MAYBE I WILL SURPRISE HIM WHEN HE IS DRINKING CARROT JUICE AND DOING THAI CHI AS I KNOW HE IS IN TO THAT NEW AGE ORIENTAL STUFF.

Carrot Juice and Thai (sic) Chi?

You mean drinking Whiskey (sic) and smoking gays.

If my daddy ever met Neil again, he would sneak up behind him and punch him hard in the Kidneys - if his fist could get through the great fat rop that Neil has.

Edited to say: Why won't this forum allow proper, decent English Usage?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 16 2011, 10:58 AM)

Brilliant. Here's Peart now practicing this centuries-old martial art. He's in the 2nd row from the back, 3rd one on the left. He's the one with the carrot juice on his collar

http://www.taichi-schule.com/taichi-china.jpg

eyesre4.gif

I met him in the lobby of his hotel in Charlotte back in the mid 80's. They were going to play some tennis at a private club in town. I worked at that hotel so I knew their schedule.

Alex was there a half hour early. It was just him and my friend and I. He was wonderful to us. The 3 of us talked like old friends. Then Neil and Ged came down. Ged said hi as he walked by. Neil was less than cordial and ran off like we were going to try to kill him or something. No worries. He is what he is. I don't hold it against him. He didn't know that we were just a couple normal guys that only wanted to say hello.

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Apr 22 2011, 07:34 PM)
I met him in the lobby of his hotel in Charlotte back in the mid 80's. They were going to play some tennis at a private club in town. I worked at that hotel so I knew their schedule.
Alex was there a half hour early. It was just him and my friend and I. He was wonderful to us. The 3 of us talked like old friends. Then Neil and Ged came down. Ged said hi as he walked by. Neil was less than cordial and ran off like we were going to try to kill him or something. No worries. He is what he is. I don't hold it against him. He didn't know that we were just a couple normal guys that only wanted to say hello.

QUIT STALKING NEIL WEATHERMAN!

How's it going?

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Apr 22 2011, 11:34 PM)
Neil was less than cordial and ran off like we were going to try to kill him or something.

YOU SHOULD HAVE KILLED THE MISERABLE TURD, THAT'S THE ONLY LANGUAGE HIM AND HIS MURDEROUS SIDEKICK TO BE, MOSBITCH UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 15 2011, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Apr 15 2011, 09:14 PM)
It's posts like those above that give me an almost immeasurable level of respect for what Neil has to go through just to practice his craft at the highest level and entertain millions of people.

If he is so good there should be a mandate that states he must meet his fans and not "Run From the Fans" as in my original production in 1992. Sorry guys that the Italians got the speed wrong!

You made this? I own a copy. Astounding sound ruined by the horribly slow speed. But once the age of MP3's and editing them came upon us - I sped up the songs by 4%, and it worked very nicely.

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Apr 22 2011, 06:34 PM)

It's my understanding he had some very unpleasant encounters with fans (or fanatics, rather) starting after they released MP -- heck, maybe it was 2112 when it started. In any case it's good to know someone doesn't hold that against him. People are who they are.

Besides, what if it turned out he did have some kind of societal.. disorder (for lack of a better term)?

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 24 2011, 08:10 AM)

It's my understanding he had some very unpleasant encounters with fans (or fanatics, rather) starting after they released MP -- heck, maybe it was 2112 when it started. In any case it's good to know someone doesn't hold that against him. People are who they are.

Besides, what if it turned out he did have some kind of societal.. disorder (for lack of a better term)?

Highly doubtful. He travels frequently (non-gig) and really seems to enjoy it. Not liking strangers slobber all over you is not strange or anti-social

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 25 2011, 12:00 AM)

Highly doubtful. He travels frequently (non-gig) and really seems to enjoy it. Not liking strangers slobber all over you is not strange or anti-social

So, that's travels frequently on the back-roads with one companion, all the betterfor not meeting people, whilst wearing a big purple helmet, all the better for not being recognised whilst wearing it.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 26 2011, 07:32 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 25 2011, 12:00 AM)

So, that's travels frequently on the back-roads with one companion, all the betterfor not meeting people, whilst wearing a big purple helmet, all the better for not being recognised whilst wearing it.

Come on, someone with a real problem doesn't go out AT ALL and certainly does not do so for leisure. Having friends would be a problem too...and Peart appears to have some.

Not wanting to be recognized and drooled over is not a societal disorder. I thought that's pretty easy to understand