NEIL CORNERED IN A HOTEL LOBBY

tapermike

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 26 2011, 01:32 AM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 26 2011, 07:32 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 25 2011, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 24 2011, 08:10 AM)
QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Apr 22 2011, 06:34 PM)
I met him in the lobby of his hotel in Charlotte back in the mid 80's. They were going to play some tennis at a private club in town. I worked at that hotel so I knew their schedule.
Alex was there a half hour early. It was just him and my friend and I. He was wonderful to us. The 3 of us talked like old friends. Then Neil and Ged came down. Ged said hi as he walked by. Neil was less than cordial and ran off like we were going to try to kill him or something. No worries. He is what he is. I don't hold it against him. He didn't know that we were just a couple normal guys that only wanted to say hello.

It's my understanding he had some very unpleasant encounters with fans (or fanatics, rather) starting after they released MP -- heck, maybe it was 2112 when it started. In any case it's good to know someone doesn't hold that against him. People are who they are.

Besides, what if it turned out he did have some kind of societal.. disorder (for lack of a better term)?

Highly doubtful. He travels frequently (non-gig) and really seems to enjoy it. Not liking strangers slobber all over you is not strange or anti-social

So, that's travels frequently on the back-roads with one companion, all the betterfor not meeting people, whilst wearing a big purple helmet, all the better for not being recognised whilst wearing it.

Come on, someone with a real problem doesn't go out AT ALL and certainly does not do so for leisure. Having friends would be a problem too...and Peart appears to have some.

Not wanting to be recognized and drooled over is not a societal disorder. I thought that's pretty easy to understand

He knew full well what "fame" would entail. So he should be prepared for what he gets. There are plenty of ways to minimise attention: by his constant drawing attention to the fact that he doesn't want attention he is making a rod for his own back. My conclusion is that Neil Peart certainly has some sort of mental disorder.

NEIL PERT = ATTENTION WHORE.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 26 2011, 06:35 PM)
I met him in the lobby of his hotel in Charlotte back in the mid 80's. They were going to play some tennis at a private club in town. I worked at that hotel so I knew their schedule.
Alex was there a half hour early. It was just him and my friend and I. He was wonderful to us. The 3 of us talked like old friends. Then Neil and Ged came down. Ged said hi as he walked by. Neil was less than cordial and ran off like we were going to try to kill him or something. No worries. He is what he is. I don't hold it against him. He didn't know that we were just a couple normal guys that only wanted to say hello.

It's my understanding he had some very unpleasant encounters with fans (or fanatics, rather) starting after they released MP -- heck, maybe it was 2112 when it started. In any case it's good to know someone doesn't hold that against him. People are who they are.

Besides, what if it turned out he did have some kind of societal.. disorder (for lack of a better term)?

Highly doubtful. He travels frequently (non-gig) and really seems to enjoy it. Not liking strangers slobber all over you is not strange or anti-social

So, that's travels frequently on the back-roads with one companion, all the betterfor not meeting people, whilst wearing a big purple helmet, all the better for not being recognised whilst wearing it.

Come on, someone with a real problem doesn't go out AT ALL and certainly does not do so for leisure. Having friends would be a problem too...and Peart appears to have some.

Not wanting to be recognized and drooled over is not a societal disorder. I thought that's pretty easy to understand

He knew full well what "fame" would entail. So he should be prepared for what he gets. There are plenty of ways to minimise attention: by his constant drawing attention to the fact that he doesn't want attention he is making a rod for his own back. My conclusion is that Neil Peart certainly has some sort of mental disorder.

You came to that conclusion all by yourself without ever having talked to the guy? Brilliant.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 26 2011, 08:01 AM)

You came to that conclusion all by yourself without never having talked to the guy? Brilliant.

This is what he does.

Even while wearing those funky socks.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 26 2011, 12:01 PM)

You came to that conclusion all by yourself without ever having talked to the guy? Brilliant.

Of course I did you dumbcluck! He doesn't want us to talk to him, he makes it patently obvious. I had enough evidence from daddy's encounter with the sociopathic attention whore.

It's like trying to educate Pork with some people.

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Apr 23 2011, 04:45 PM)

QUIT STALKING NEIL WEATHERMAN!

How's it going?
bekloppt.gif [/quote]
I was in my mid 20's. I couldn't help it! wink.gif I'm all better now smile.gif

I'm doing ok, thanks! How about you? bekloppt.gif

Great. This is a fun thread.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 26 2011, 09:02 AM)

Of course I did you dumbcluck! He doesn't want us to talk to him, he makes it patently obvious. I had enough evidence from daddy's encounter with the sociopathic attention whore.

And you've made an online career of lamenting about your supposed failed encounter with Neil, to the point where you've got this maniacal obsession with it. Have you actually gone a single day without saying something bad about him somewhere? Obsessed, I tell ya! You're like the Captain Ahab of the Rush community, and Neil is Moby Peart.

"From hell's heart I stab my drumstick at thee!" 1287.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 26 2011, 10:02 PM)

hey brainiac, my question was rhetorical.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 26 2011, 01:21 PM)

Well you don't need a question mark for a rhetorical question. Or do you.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 26 2011, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 26 2011, 01:21 PM)

Well you don't need a question mark for a rhetorical question. Or do you.

This proves if you feel like arguing you will find something to argue about, in this case it's a question mark.

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 15 2011, 08:25 PM)
I HAVE THIS ODD DESIRE TO CORNER NEIL IN A FINE HOTEL AND FORCE HIM TO MEET ME. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK WOULD HAPPEN?

pokey.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 15 2011, 10:29 PM)
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2492/odok.jpg

Constable Odo FTW!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 26 2011, 08:17 AM)
And you've made an online career of lamenting about your supposed failed encounter with Neil, to the point where you've got this maniacal obsession with it. Have you actually gone a single day without saying something bad about him somewhere? Obsessed, I tell ya! You're like the Captain Ahab of the Rush community, and Neil is Moby Peart.

"From hell's heart I stab my drumstick at thee!" 1287.gif

tongue.gif

And if his chest had been some Ludwigs, he'd have shot his ill-advised air drum solo upon Neil.