Which Of These Bands Do You Like Best?

presto123

Choose Your Favorite Out Of These.  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Favorite Out Of These.

• Queensryche
    • Dream Theater
    • Yes
    • King's X
    • Iron Maiden
    • Led Zeppelin
    • Pink Floyd
    • Genesis
    • Police

QUOTE (Passage2 @ Apr 2 2011, 04:54 AM)
I voted Yes. Genesis and Zep were my close 2 and 3 on this list.

Do Rush fans actually like Dream Theater and Queensryche? 062802puke_prv.gif

I've actually been a Queensryche fan longer than I have been a Rush fan. I, of course, love Rush way more, but I always attend Queensryche concerts when they are close by. yes.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Dream Theater, who've managed to work their way up to a tie for last place.

pokey.gif

laugh.gif

cheer.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 6 2011, 03:32 AM)
QUOTE (Passage2 @ Apr 2 2011, 04:54 AM)
I voted Yes. Genesis and Zep were my close 2 and 3 on this list.

Do Rush fans actually like Dream Theater and Queensryche?  062802puke_prv.gif

I've actually been a Queensryche fan longer than I have been a Rush fan. I, of course, love Rush way more, but I always attend Queensryche concerts when they are close by. yes.gif

The Ryche are awesome. Just a great hard rock thinking man's metal rock band.

To each his/her own. But I have always enjoyed their music. They have some really impressive albums like:

Rage to Order

Operation Mindcrime

Empire

Promised Land

American Soldier

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 2 2011, 07:58 AM)
Of these choices, Pink Floyd.

I would have voted for Porcupine Tree, had they been there.

yes.gif

I was listening to U.K. while training today. I've listened to all my Rush (studio, live, boots) so I need some more prog for the next few weeks. Rush will return for the actual day of the marathon, but if you haven't heard any U.K. give 'em a try. Excellent stuff.

I didn't see Guns n' Roses, so I picked Led Zeppelin!!!! biggrin.gif

Didnt vote, not a fan of any of those bands. I used to like Dream Theater, but only because I play bass and they are pretty much the most complicated band ever I think, but its been so long since I liked anything theyve done, Im officially not a fan anymore.

I dont listen to many bands that are like old Rush, except for I guess The Mars Volta who are completely awesome. They remind me a lot of old Rush, except much more modern sounding of course.

Iron Maiden. Not close for me

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 2 2011, 11:28 AM)
Early Genesis.

http://www.varesesarabande.com/media/00/a20791912c5c90d70d2eab_m.jpg

This. All Genesis after Abacab is absolute crap.

I did not vote but...

Choose Your Favorite Out Of These.

Queensryche - I pretty much stopped listening to Metal in 1980. I could not name one song by them.

Dream Theater - When people find out I am a Rush fan they tend to shove this under my nose, I have breathed this in a few times and for some reason the smell is stale to me.

Yes - Fragile, Close to the Edge, yes, enjoyed them live in the 70s Wakemen and all.

King's X - See Queensryche

Iron Maiden - - See Queensryche

Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love, but I rarely make it a point to listen to them anymore.

Pink Floyd - Wish you were Here is my favorite Floyd album and I really like the early years... saw animals and the wall tours, the shows were fun but just ok.

Genesis - Uhm thanks but no thanks. Have seen them live in 80s

Police - Sting kind of ruins the talent behind him for me. Have seen them live in 80s

Some People have mentioned King Crimson... I only got to see them live a few times in the 90s. Probably the best rock shows I have ever been to as far as sound quality and utter awe goes. What a fantastic wall of noise.

Other people have mentioned Porcupine Tree, I have watched them on youtube, I will see them live if given the chance.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Apr 12 2011, 06:29 AM)
Another band that got nominated under iNtuitive Thinker music: REM.

REM is very blech for me. Much to light and simple nothing like Rush at all.

They had some great songs and a couple of good albums....but it stopped there for me.

In fact I discovered Radiohead when they opened for REM (which an ex girlfreind dragged me to). They played all of The Bends and blew me the f**k away.

These bands are wildly different. And queensryche are not even in the same league as the other bands. I have no idea how you could put maiden on this list, either. Predictable, repeatable rubbish. Accents are in a similar place every single time. You couldn't pay me to sit through that borefest.

That's just like how people hate dream theater. That boggles my mind, yet is painfully obvious dt sux in many minds on this rush forum. To me, dt was the only band who sent shivers up my spine like rush did. They fortified me with that quality of musicianship and accurate execution , crisp live shows w/ hi-energy songs & thought-provoking lyrics that make me feel energized and alive. The only band on that list who moves me like that besides dream theater is Rush.

Life would be pretty boring if we all had the same viewpoint, huh?? ph34r.gif

Archived