• Mission
    • Available Light
    • Bravado
    • Leave That Thing Alone
    • Test For Echo
    • Earthshine
    • Hope

Vote for your favorite

Top Ten from this poll and another poll will fight for the best Lerxt solo eva!

IMPORTANT:

LIVE VERSIONS ARE OF SONGS ARE INCLUDED AS WELL. For example, if you like Available Light, but like the ATWAS version of Soliloquy better (or whatever), vote for the live one. I would've voted for LVS, but I went with Bravado due to the extension on Different Stages and Rush in Rio.

My only issue with La Villa is that as an instrumental, the classic solo break is not there (I said classic...don't kill me). With Limelight the solo break after the verse segregates the section a little more. La Villa is the bomb, but for the solo itself and how it integrates with and enhances the song I have to go with Limelight.

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Feb 2 2011, 07:47 PM)
This is seriously too hard....

It is, huh? unsure.gif

But I had to vote for Lerxst in Wonderland. It is such a perfect example of how well Al can play ALL of the guitar. The manipulation of the pick-ups is so subtle that I doubt anyone but another guitarist even notices it. And he plays the hell out of this solo! PLAYS it. There is a huge difference between hitting the notes and playing the notes, which I'm finding out for myself just noodling around with this solo.

A nod to the solo in The Trees, too. To me, this is quintessential Alex: shredding with a touch of whimsy. Those staccato bits are like a guitar giggle laugh.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 3 2011, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Feb 2 2011, 07:47 PM)

It is, huh? unsure.gif

But I had to vote for Lerxst in Wonderland. It is such a perfect example of how well Al can play ALL of the guitar. The manipulation of the pick-ups is so subtle that I doubt anyone but another guitarist even notices it. And he plays the hell out of this solo! PLAYS it. There is a huge difference between hitting the notes and playing the notes, which I'm finding out for myself just noodling around with this solo.

A nod to the solo in The Trees, too. To me, this is quintessential Alex: shredding with a touch of whimsy. Those staccato bits are like a guitar giggle laugh.gif

Great way to put that about The Trees.

La Villa lerxst in Wonderland

I love this solo, I never get tired of it.

QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Feb 2 2011, 09:47 PM)

Damn right. Seven of these I could easily vote for. I decided on Working Man. The studio version is nice and long and kicks major ass. Also live it's one of the few that allows Alex to really stretch out and improvise. Followed closely by:

La Villa Strangiato - another one that live allows room for Alex to improvise, figured it would be the popular choice so I didn't choose it

Limelight - perfectly captures that lonely feeling of the lyrics

By Tor And The Snow Dog - ATWAS

Freewill

Between The Wheels

No One At The Bridge - another one that mirrors the loneliness in the lyrics

Archived