disturbing TV or video

circumstantial tree

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 27 2011, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 27 2011, 06:42 AM)
I've only got one question: what's 2 Girls 1 Cup?

Redacted because it was just too horrible. Jack Aubrey.

ohmy.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

We really, really, REALLY didn't need that. Let's just leave it at "you can look it up for yourself to see how gross it is", okay? I'm literally sick to my stomach after reading that and also we need to keep in mind that there are kids reading this.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

I probably am not clear with my intentions for this thread. I wasn't looking for gross out stuff. I was looking for things that affect you on an emotional level for some reason, not Warhol camp.

Sorry, it's hard for me to state exactly what I was hoping to read. For instance, except seeing the guy on fire at Station Nightclub, what bothered me is that I could hear screaming, without seeing anything, and it was enough to nearly physically affect me because of the knowledge of what was going on that you didn't see.

For the Hawaii Five 0 and Brady Bunch, there was nothing gross to see, but something disturbing that you don't see, but in your mind you know. I don't care if Brady Bunch is a silly sitcom, but imagine if you were in Bobby's position of seeing your family shot in cold blood. Nothing gross happening on screen but knowing what is happening was disturbing. I've had similar nightmares and they are the most unpleasant kind, which is why I don't care to see that episode.

The only thing has disturbed me is the replaying of 9/11 footage. I'm disgusted that people still have the urge to watch whatever was filmed that day. It doesn't make it any better when MSNBC does that 'As It Happened' special every year on the day.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 27 2011, 02:51 PM)
The only thing has disturbed me is the replaying of 9/11 footage. I'm disgusted that people still have the urge to watch whatever was filmed that day. It doesn't make it any better when MSNBC does that 'As It Happened' special every year on the day.

yeah, I remember that MSNBC doing that last September 11. I thought it was in poor taste. If you need the video to reinforce the horror of that day, it's truly pathetic.

I've always hated watching any show where a woman/kid gets beaten up by an abuser.

There used to be a series of ads on urging people to take action against domestic violence that always made me squirm and change the channel. One in particular showed a little boy sitting on the stairs, listening to his dad beat the stuffing out of his mom. Very distressing.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 27 2011, 02:23 PM)

ohmy.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

We really, really, REALLY didn't need that. Let's just leave it at "you can look it up for yourself to see how gross it is", okay? I'm literally sick to my stomach after reading that and also we need to keep in mind that there are kids reading this.

Okay.

Blackhawk Down. I watched it once then gave away the DVD. I got so viscerally pissed while watching it that I had to turn it off and go back to it once I'd calmed down, and not just once! It took me about 8 hours to get through all of it, and I've never gotten this angry/sad/frustrated/dismayed by a movie before.

The lack of air support, the bungling arrogance of the UN jerks, bad intel, and other factors that led to the tragedy make this movie literally unbearable to me.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 27 2011, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 27 2011, 02:23 PM)

ohmy.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

Okay.

Thank you for understanding, I appreciate it.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jan 27 2011, 05:37 PM)
Oh. My. God.

Two things today have scarred me permanently: listing to "Chocolate Rain" for the first time and finding out about "2 girls, 1 cup".

Just wait until you see Kuato sing it:

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jan 26 2011, 05:55 PM)
2 Girls 1 Cup

I consider myself able to handle a lot of 'disturbing' things...but this takes the cake.

Most of my friends can get through it but I just...can't.

Too heinous.

Anyone who doesn't know what it is can look it up for themselves but I warn you...you will most likely be completely disgusted.

Some even find it humorous...but not me.

The scene in the movie Seven when the junkie jumps up out of bed...that one had an effect on me that stuck with me for a couple of days.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jan 27 2011, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jan 26 2011, 05:55 PM)
2 Girls 1 Cup

I consider myself able to handle a lot of 'disturbing' things...but this takes the cake.

Most of my friends can get through it but I just...can't.

Too heinous.

Anyone who doesn't know what it is can look it up for themselves but I warn you...you will most likely be completely disgusted.

Some even find it humorous...but not me.

Some of the reaction videos are hilarious, though. One guy baited his grandmother into watching it.

(eta - until yesterday I was blissfully unaware of the existence of what is clearly the product of a very warped imagination. Of course I Googled it. Wish I hadn't. But I did watch some of the prank videos of people's reactions and those are funny).

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jan 28 2011, 09:24 AM)
Remember the X-Files with that episode "The Peacocks" where they've been inbreeding since the Civil War?

I won't watch that episode again.

Yeah, that was pretty horrible.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 28 2011, 11:50 PM)
Remember the X-Files with that episode "The Peacocks" where they've been inbreeding since the Civil War?

That was one of the best X-Files episodes ever!!! I hated the later episodes where nearly every other one was some conspiracy crap

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 29 2011, 03:15 AM)

That was one of the best X-Files episodes ever!!! I hated the later episodes where nearly every other one was some conspiracy crap

goodpost.gif

That episode was disturbing but there's no doubt it was one of the standouts in the series.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Jan 27 2011, 04:04 PM)
"To Catch A Predator" always creeped me out scared.gif

I like this show, mostly because of the reactions from the predators. But I can't help but thinking this leads people into false assumptions that the internet is filled with these creeps who probably make up less than a percent of total users.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 29 2011, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Jan 27 2011, 04:04 PM)
"To Catch A Predator" always creeped me out scared.gif

I like this show, mostly because of the reactions from the predators. But I can't help but thinking this leads people into false assumptions that the internet is filled with these creeps who probably make up less than a percent of total users.

Apparently you don't hang out in SOCN... tongue.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 29 2011, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 29 2011, 03:15 AM)

goodpost.gif

That episode was disturbing but there's no doubt it was one of the standouts in the series.

Indeed!

When i was 15, my parents went away for a weekend leaving me alone. I decided to take advantage by staying up late watching TV. But I chose to watch In Cold Blood. It freaked me out. I couldn't sleep after and I even hid locked in the bathroom for a couple of hours.