Time for Alex & Geddy to "assume control"

GeminiRising79

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 29 2011, 05:22 PM)
You still don't get it, do you?

Even if everything you posted below was correct (and I certainly can't be bothered to read all the links), it doesn't really matter.

The very fact you have gone to all this trouble to stridently prove your point just makes you look silly and self-absorbed.

Give it up..it's really not worth it. smile.gif

I couldn't give half a shit what you think. A moderator specifically made a request of me and I fulfilled it. Mind your business.

QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 29 2011, 10:24 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 29 2011, 05:22 PM)
You still don't get it, do you?

Even if everything you posted below was correct (and I certainly can't be bothered to read all the links), it doesn't really matter.

The very fact you have gone to all this trouble to stridently prove your point just makes you look silly and self-absorbed.

Give it up..it's really not worth it. smile.gif

I couldn't give half a shit what you think. A moderator specifically made a request of me and I fulfilled it. Go away.

laugh.gif

So I don't even merit a whole shit?..I'm crushed biggrin.gif

No, I don't think I will "go away" just yet (though I may make myself a nice cup of tea before bedtime)

Keep smiling smile.gif

Holy smokes, if a thread ever needs to die, it's this one.

Everyone (those directly involved and those merely in the peanut gallery - wait, that includes me smile.gif ) needs to just let this thread fade away.

It's initial purpose, whatever that was, has long been lost.

QUOTE (rusher @ Jan 29 2011, 10:28 PM)

Everyone (those directly involved and those merely in the peanut gallery - wait, that includes me smile.gif ) needs to just let this thread fade away.

I know, but posters like Slappadappadingdong just make it too easy, and it's difficult to resist.

Bad Fridge ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 29 2011, 05:30 PM)

Everyone (those directly involved and those merely in the peanut gallery - wait, that includes me  smile.gif ) needs to just let this thread fade away.

Slappadappadingdong

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 29 2011, 05:30 PM)

Everyone (those directly involved and those merely in the peanut gallery - wait, that includes me  smile.gif ) needs to just let this thread fade away.

I know, but posters like Slappadappadingdong just make it too easy, and it's difficult to resist.

You can learn to resist anything but temptation, huh?

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jan 29 2011, 04:50 PM)
Wow, this thread has a little something for everyone:

- Truly epic pissing contests
- Neil is a douchebag
- Neil is the dictator of Rush, and Alex and Geddy are his toadies
- Atheists versus Christians
- Why can't Rush just write songs that conform to my personal beliefs?
- Caravan and BU2B both suck
- CA will suck
- S&A sucks
- VT sucks

Did I miss anything? tongue.gif

If we can just add in some bitching about ticket prices and setlists, this could be the perfect thread. eh.gif

cosmo.gif I'll drink to that! pokey.gif

Heya, Mr. Mod, at what point do you start charging admission to view this incredible performance thread?

Gotta say that in all my forum years and online hours (which were uncountable back in the day), I've never seen such a high energy performance as is being given here...

scared.gif

QUOTE (Working Man @ Jan 29 2011, 02:43 PM)
I just don't understand how people get "everyone who believes in God is a fool" from "[love is] faith enough for me"?

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif goodpost.gif

So I'm not the only one who has noticed that there is absolutely no reference whatsoever in the lyrics of Faithless either to God or to any specific belief system? No? Good!

QUOTE (rusher @ Jan 29 2011, 05:28 PM)

goodpost.gif

I thought it should have been locked about ten pages ago, with all the religion talk. confused13.gif

Now it's basically just a big pissing contest. confused13.gif

BTW, could Slappa be an alias for Gemini? unsure.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jan 29 2011, 06:51 PM)
I just don't understand how people get "everyone who believes in God is a fool" from "[love is] faith enough for me"?

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif goodpost.gif

So I'm not the only one who has noticed that there is absolutely no reference whatsoever in the lyrics of Faithless either to God or to any specific belief system? No? Good!

THANK YOU I thought I was the only idiot who DIDN'T see "God bashing" or religionhatespeak in Neil's lyrics and by God (pun intended) if ANYONE in this sphere of influence (that being TRF RUSH! and/or anyone exposed to this thread in particular) wanted to HATE God, sure seems like a likely candidate would be our drummerdude!

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jan 29 2011, 04:50 PM)
Wow, this thread has a little something for everyone:

- Truly epic pissing contests
- Neil is a douchebag
- Neil is the dictator of Rush, and Alex and Geddy are his toadies
- Atheists versus Christians
- Why can't Rush just write songs that conform to my personal beliefs?
- Caravan and BU2B both suck
- CA will suck
- S&A sucks
- VT sucks

Did I miss anything? tongue.gif

If we can just add in some bitching about ticket prices and setlists, this could be the perfect thread. eh.gif

Only thing missing are some "That's It" pics.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jan 29 2011, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jan 29 2011, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jan 29 2011, 06:25 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA

scared.gif

Can I get an instrumental version so I don't feel like a freak?

Er...even if you don't feel like one I'm afraid after that you're still a freak.

I'm in it for the keys, I swear yes.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Jan 29 2011, 06:12 PM)

THANK YOU I thought I was the only idiot who DIDN'T see "God bashing" or religionhatespeak in Neil's lyrics and by God (pun intended) if ANYONE in this sphere of influence (that being TRF RUSH! and/or anyone exposed to this thread in particular) wanted to HATE God, sure seems like a likely candidate would be our drummerdude!

funny you should say that, I get the impression from Neil's writings that he is NOT in fact an atheist, but that he HATES God for allowing bad things to happen to him. I get that impression from a lot of "atheists" though.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 29 2011, 07:32 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Jan 29 2011, 06:12 PM)

funny you should say that, I get the impression from Neil's writings that he is NOT in fact an atheist, but that he HATES God for allowing bad things to happen to him. I get that impression from a lot of "atheists" though.

I've noticed this of outspoken atheists myself. The most strident atheist I know is someone who very clearly believes in God even though he says he doesn't. When he speaks about his lack of belief, I always have a strong feeling that in his head he's thinking something like "Nyeah, nyeah, see, God, You bastard? I don't believe in You! What are You going to do about it?"

I think that most people who truly don't believe in God don't feel that great a need to defend it or persuade others. And frankly, I think the same about most people who truly DO believe in God.

Archived