Rush songs that

Good,bad,andrush

Either because they're sad, moving, they remind you of something...whatever.

For me, Bravado.

I can't sing it without crying.

I also get all emotional with The Pass. Which is a good thing, since my band is covering it, and I deliver a stunning vocal performance wink.gif

Okay, not really sad.gif

I wish I did...

Anyway, what Rush songs are just completely moving to you?

Time Stand Still made me pull over a few weeks ago and made me think of a friend i lost a few years back sad.gif

Losing it

Nobodys Hero- again makes me think of old friends

HYOF in general can catch me on certain days

Bravado - The message is so uplifting and Ged's vocal just goes straight to the heart.

Tai Shan - I completely understand this feeling of being so in touch with a place that it "sings" to you. Add the beautiful keys, midi-koto and vocals and I just lose it.

High Water - This one gets me because I have such a connection to water. Whenever I went into the water in Hawai'i, this song would be in my head. In fact, I'm putting together a video of the underwater stuff, waterfalls, ocean and rain in Hawai'i using this song as the audio. I hear the wordless voices....

Time Stand Still - I simply can't listen to this beautiful, haunting song right now. I lost my Mother and a good friend in 2009 and this song just brings home how much I wish I could make the title happen.

Afterimage - Same reason as above.

Sorry, but no Rush songs have ever moved me to tears (well, maybe Rivendell, but that's a different matter entirely).

The closest I've ever got to "misting up" with Rush was not song related at all, but was rather when I first saw Neil get behind his kit on the Vapor Trails tour, five years after I was certain they were done forever.

Mission: because that song means so much to me.

Resist (live/acoustic): it was a beautiful rendition and when I saw them do it acoustically live, I didn't know it was coming and caught me off guard. It was my first Rush show and I can only imagine my jaw was on the ground.

Marathon: I took up running seriously 2 years ago and I can relate to this song in ways I never could before.

The Pass makes me come close to tearing at times because of how I can relate to it. Tears almost made me tear up the first time I heard it, now it just makes my heart heavy.

In the Mood (those lyrics!! D| )

But in all seriousness...

- Nobody's Hero :: Geddy sings the chorus on this one with so much passion, it just moves me. I mean holy cow.

- The Pass :: I really like this song, both lyrically and musically, but the whole song is simultaneously uplifting (since it's almost like trying to convince the subject not to end his or her life) but at the same time pleading and very sad. Love the line "Don't turn your back / and slam the door on me..."

- Losing It :: The part about the writer (Hemingway) hits me every. Single. Time. I guess it's a very personal thing, since I write (duuuuh) but I couldn't even imagine what that would feel like. Wanting to write, but having this never-ending block.. nightmares!

- Mission :: These are usually happy tears. Because Geddy's voice never fails to astound me on this song. I love, love, love it, and I can't help but sing along at the beginning and at, "I wish I had that instinct / I wish I had that drive".

- Afterimage :: I was okay with this one until I made the mistake of looking up the (A) music video and ( B ) what the song was actually about. Don't think an explanation is needed for this one..!

So many Rush songs move me to tears. That's a testament to their music's power, lyrically and musically. heart.gif

Nobody's Hero

The Pass

Tears

Afterimage

Red Sector A

Resist (live acoustic)

Bravado

Witch Hunt

Losing It

The Larger Bowl

Vapor Trail

Ghost Rider

Whoa. That's a lot of songs. God, I'm sensitive... laugh.gif

I've never cried at a Rush song - in fact, I've never really cried at any song - but I have shed a few tears at both "Time Stand Still" and "Mission" when I saw both songs live. "Bravado" and "Heresy" can also move me, depending on how I feel.

More recently, when I listened to Vapor Trails and it kicked me in the face, the first three songs nearly choked me up.

For me - Bravado any time I watch it on RiR, on the SnA tour the ending of mission, had me bring a tear to me eye,it was my fist concert too. I remember witch hunt on Asohs made me a bit teary once too, then somtimes I just cry with happyness knowing that I know about this band and the joy it has brought me

Archived