2011 Tour!

Rushchick10

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Nov 15 2010, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 15 2010, 05:09 PM)
People on XM radio are saying Rush will play MSG very soon. I don't know when/why or how but.................. confused13.gif

i'm happy for europe but i hope they don't go around again in the US. i just want them to hit europe and than get back into the studio so they can start another tour asap. than we can all get back on ship with the setlist talk. if they hit the US again it's a double dip cash grab and playing msg? maybe they think they can fill msg with the whole mp in it's entirety sell. if they play msg as the one tri state area appearance, they might fill it in and that might be their plan. don't play nj, upstate, connecticut and count on people coming in from all directions to fill in msg.

EddieTrunk.com has it also. Maybe it is true confused13.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 15 2010, 07:03 PM)
People on XM radio are saying Rush will play MSG very soon. I don't know when/why or how but.................. confused13.gif

i'm happy for europe but i hope they don't go around again in the US. i just want them to hit europe and than get back into the studio so they can start another tour asap. than we can all get back on ship with the setlist talk. if they hit the US again it's a double dip cash grab and playing msg? maybe they think they can fill msg with the whole mp in it's entirety sell. if they play msg as the one tri state area appearance, they might fill it in and that might be their plan. don't play nj, upstate, connecticut and count on people coming in from all directions to fill in msg.

if it is true they are riding the wave. so much for a short tour and the whole prime their chops and get back into the studio thing.

Eddie Trunk posted this about 10:00 am this morning..crossing my fingers!!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Nov 15 2010, 07:25 PM)

if it is true they are riding the wave. so much for a short tour and the whole prime their chops and get back into the studio thing.

yeah what happened? their whole plan is getting thrown out the window... I can't believe they actually want to tour this much right now, especially without an album to promote.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 15 2010, 07:40 PM)

yeah what happened? their whole plan is getting thrown out the window... I can't believe they actually want to tour this much right now, especially without an album to promote.

the mighty dollar my friend. when you're making good money, having a good time, and people are willing to pay, it's a good combination. they know the money from their album sales are not going to be there so ride it while you can.

They have been changing plans since I was a kid. They have sold well at spac since they started playing there so I would love to see another date there. I know there is going to be someday when I won't be able to go to a Rush show so I will see them as many times as I can before they stop. Every tour is a bonus and I don't care if it is the same setlist.

i've seen them enough times that i've had my fill but i also welcome new tours and setlists. i'm at a point where it wouldn't phase me if they decided to call it quits but it's great that they are still excited about making music and touring. neil i'm not sure. i think he just goes along with the other two because touring is where the money is made. also i don't look at like they don't have alot of tours left in them. i want to see a show that i will be into and i'm not going to reach into my pocket just to get in as many shows as i can thinking this might be the last hoorah.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Nov 16 2010, 09:46 AM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 15 2010, 07:40 PM)

the mighty dollar my friend. when you're making good money, having a good time, and people are willing to pay, it's a good combination. they know the money from their album sales are not going to be there so ride it while you can.

Exactly. I don't see why this idea is so hard to understand or accept.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 15 2010, 08:49 PM)
Exactly. I don't see why this idea is so hard to understand or accept.

Agreed. Let them do what they want. People should really stop being so needy...except the European fans, you guys deserve some some shows. I'm glad you will be getting to see them in action!

For those of you who passed on this year's tour because you thought the setlist was weak, you missed a hell of a show. Best in a long time. If we are so lucky to get a repeat opportunity, I advise taking advantage.

There were a lot of posts from people who had serious reservations about the setlist. Most of them came back raving, really glad they'd gone.

Edited by Mara

If "before and after Europe" dates are the case for NA, I'm going to be bumming if that means March, because I just missed the deadline to put in for vacation between January and March. Ah well, there's always the option of "I'm too sick to come in"...as I'm heading out the door on a Rush road trip tongue.gif

I'm still so new as a fan that any chance to see Rush is a draw for me...

QUOTE (AVman9 @ Nov 16 2010, 03:00 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 15 2010, 08:49 PM)
Exactly.  I don't see why this idea is so hard to understand or accept.

Agreed. Let them do what they want. People should really stop being so needy...except the European fans, you guys deserve some some shows. I'm glad you will be getting to see them in action!

goodpost.gif

Touring Europe shows what a world wide phenomenon they are? For sure but then they've been huge in the UK since the mid 70's. We're an incredibly tenacious and devoted bunch over here laugh.gif

Oh, this is really excellent news! I'm so excited for our European Rushians. This show is amazing and I'm glad you will be able to see it.

Hopefully, they will be able to record one of the shows for a DVD! Yay! cheer.gif

Maybe they will hit Vancouver before or after.... If they do, Rushchick, we have to declare a --- ROAD TRIP!!!!! biggrin.gif

Just a quick note, SuomiTV has been reporting lots of upcoming Helsinki gigs for big-name bands, and as far as I know, they've all come true.

So I have no doubt Rush is in negotiations to play Helsinki in May. The news article said that they're asking more money this time, so the ticket prices could be higher (they were 56 euros for standard seats in S&A Tour). So it's a bigger risk to the venue.

Although I don't think it's that big a risk tbh. It will be sold out, guaranteed, within a week. Their 2007 Helsinki concert was sold out. They opened up more seats with limited visibility, and they were sold out too I think.

The timeline also suggests that Helsinki might even be the first city of the European Tour (rumours about Rotterdam in 26th of May). Which would be interesting, normally they go first UK, then mainland Europe and head eastward from there.

I'll be in Helsinki for sure. I've already started going thru the big companies my workplace is in business with, to see if any of them get access to the venue presale VIP tickets. Front row and such...

The Prince concert rumour was true, even the tickets were supposed to be on sale in a week. Then Prince cancelled the gig, like he did those two times before.

The others were, if I remember correctly, Eric Clapton and Bon Jovi. SuomiTV was the first to report on those.

They must have an inside source in Livenation or whatever else promoters (?) they have here. At least I'm optimistic (wow an optimistic Finn. That must be the first time ever!).

No doubt about it a new BD/DVD will be filmed in Europe.

As far as them coming back around to the states in 2011. I have my fingers crossed for another stop in Florida. I would love to get my son back out to another show....he had a total blast at his first show and still can't stop talking about it.

I loved the set list. So if they don't change anything (I think they will for the first set if they come back to the states) I am cool with that. And I hope they consider playing some more new songs from the upcoming album. Suprise us!

Rush on tour is always good. No complaints at all. I am now it watch mode for tour dates!!!!

Edited by Todem

Greetings Net Boys and Net Girls,

I heard a "rumour" that the boys will playing a 2 night stand at MSG in NYC the third week of March.

That would great...of course 2 nights at Radio City would be better.

Looks like 2011 is going to be another great year for all of us Rush fans.

~Cheers, RGLT

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 15 2010, 02:01 PM)

Hell, I am just happy that they are still around, playing their asses off and making amazing music. I'll take what they give me, thank you. 1022.gif

I couldn't agree with you more.

In my opinion, they look like they are really having fun on each of the tours from R30 to The Time Machine Tours.

Could it be that they are actually starting to enjoy touring again?

They seem to have well established boundaries in place to protect their home/personal lives and road lives.

The other thing to consider is that they have said in various interviews that they wanted to come off fresh from the road and into the studio.

Seeing as how the finishing of Clockwork Angels has been pushed back to a late 2011/early 2012 release...a another tour seems quite possible indeed.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Nov 16 2010, 05:36 PM)

Greetings Net Boys and Net Girls,

I heard a "rumour" that the boys will playing a 2 night stand at MSG in NYC the third week of March.

That would great...of course 2 nights at Radio City would be better.

Looks like 2011 is going to be another great year for all of us Rush fans.

~Cheers, RGLT

"The Garden Grady" Redux?!?!?!

yes.gif