Things you thought (wrong)

iluvgeddy05

I used to think that the steam/smoke rising from the smokestacks of the factory outside town made clouds. I mean, I thought that's where clouds came from.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 20 2010, 02:56 PM)
I used to think that you had to be really smart to be president

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/ROFLMAODog.gif

All it takes is money, a good tag line and a whole lot of hot air...

If you slept with socks on overnight, your feet would rot. (I got that from my mom, though she doesn't recall ever saying that tongue.gif )

If you swallowed gum, your insides would all stick together unsure.gif

I thought everyone on the radio played live, so if I was say in the car on a road trip and heard the same song twice in one day, I'd say "they sure waited a long time to play again. What did they do all day?"

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 20 2010, 03:04 PM)
If you slept with socks on overnight, your feet would rot. (I got that from my mom, though she doesn't recall ever saying that tongue.gif )

If you swallowed gum, your insides would all stick together unsure.gif

I thought everyone on the radio played live, so if I was say in the car on a road trip and heard the same song twice in one day, I'd say "they sure waited a long time to play again. What did they do all day?"

Me too laugh.gif

I also thought therer were only 2 types of radio stations - classic rock and country. Thats all my parents listen to.

I used to think if I stepped on a crack I'd break my mother's back. I spent 1.5 years walking around all crazy, changing my natural gait mid-stride, trying to avoid the spaces between cement sidewalk slabs. (Sadly, this general superstitiousness lasted until I was about 33, though not the sidewalk thing.)

I used to think the storage space in your car was a "glub compartment." I was still unsure if it was "glove" or "glub" until I was about twenty-four.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 20 2010, 04:04 PM)

Stole my post!

Really - I thought the same thing - that the band or singer was just hanging out at the radio station, waiting their turn to play their song. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 20 2010, 03:39 PM)

Stole my post!

Really - I thought the same thing - that the band or singer was just hanging out at the radio station, waiting their turn to play their song. laugh.gif

I *kinda* thought the same thing... I thought that each song would get played on the stations in a certain order because if I heard a song on one channel and I switched to the other, it seemed like the same song was always on right after. Something to do with the band's schedule

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 20 2010, 01:41 PM)

Stole my post!

I *kinda* thought the same thing... I thought that each song would get played on the stations in a certain order because if I heard a song on one channel and I switched to the other, it seemed like the same song was always on right after. Something to do with the band's schedule

laugh.gif

That never even occurred to me to think that!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 20 2010, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 20 2010, 01:41 PM)

Stole my post!

laugh.gif

That never even occurred to me to think that!

Sorta similar, I thought the people in the TV set would wait for me if I turned off the TV and left the room, turned it back on when I came back.

I thought everyone on the radio was playing live. Same with the tv. I wondered how everybody fit in the tv, and how the same song/show could be on different stations at the same time, but at a different place in the song.

I thought if I ate seeds, a tree would grow inside me.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 20 2010, 03:46 PM)
I used to think that the steam/smoke rising from the smokestacks of the factory outside town made clouds. I mean, I thought that's where clouds came from.

I asked my 3 yo daughter what clouds were made of the other day and she said poofyness.

I told her water and she looked at may like I was nuts and said they look poofy.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 20 2010, 05:21 PM)
except for janie and the giants & hills (which is kind of cool), you guys were stupid little kids tongue.gif pokey.gif

laugh.gif Thanks.

Maybe you'll like these ones:

I thought our alphabet was determined by very old Englishmen, huddled in a circle, debating on what the letters should be. "What do you say old chap? Does the letter 'A' sound good as the starting letter?" "Oh yes, Charles Winston the third of Counterberry Court, that does sound grand!" "What should come next say you Sir Aldous of Numberhood?" "I say, I do rather fancy the sound of 'B'!"

Also, I thought our moms interviewed elderly ladies and that's how we got our grandmothers.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2010, 02:00 PM)
I used to think that giants lived underground and held up the streets and roads, making hills.

That's awesome new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

As for the bands playing live on the radio I had no idea so many people thought that. It never once crossed my mind. Playing on TV I thought was live but never the radio.

I used to think that a man got a women pregnant by kissing. wacko.gif

Archived