Your Biggest Musical Regret..

The Owl

Jesus, I also really regret missing Randy Rhoads play with OZZY!!!

Also never seeing Thin Lizzy with Phil!! Rory Gallagher!

Shit the list of regret could go on forever!!!!

I have seen Thin Lizzy with John Sykes four times, but at the end of the day it's still not the same without the greatness of Phil Lynott!!!

LEGEND!!!!

Oh shit! Even though I saw The Who in 1982 it was with Kenny Jones on drums!!

I wish I could have seen The Who with the late great Keith Moon!!

Never saw Zeppelin or Hendrix either.

Damn, I'm fukking depressed now.

Is it happy hour yet?

Speaking of happy hour, I never saw Fish perform in Marillion.

Shoot me now.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 11 2010, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 11 2010, 05:33 AM)
Not seeing Queen with Freddie. I had the chance in '86, but my elder brother let me down. The prick.

Never had a chance bud, but man I wish I could have seen Freddie too.

Thanks for the reminder.

One show I would NEVER see would be Queen with Paul Rodgers!!!!

My sister's been to see Queen & Paul Rogers. She loved it. biggrin.gif (But then again, she's in love with Brian May, so as long as he's there, new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif )

Of course, I refused to go... God, I love and miss Freddie... angel.gif

Not going to see Brand X with Phil Collins at the Tower Theater in 1979. I was just getting into Genesis at that time and someone talked me out of going.

Followed by missing Yes at the Spectrum in 1980 for the Drama tour. I even waited in line with my friend who bought the tickets. She broke up with her boyfriend and sold his ticket and mine. Drama is one of my favorite Yes albums.

But I've been fortunate to have many, many musical memories and very few regrets.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 8 2010, 07:53 PM)
I had a friend offer me a ticket to see Stevie Ray Vaughan for what would be his last show in Dallas. I thought, "Nah, I'll catch him next time. Got other stuff to do." Dumbest move EVER. That's haunted me since. Now, when I miss seeing a concert I really want to see, I totally freak out and remember the time I could have seen Stevie Ray one last time.

A lady that lived upstair from me invited me to see stevie Ray and Eric Clapton at Red Rocks,

I didn't want to get together with her so I Passed.....

STUPID. fists crying.gif .STUPID. fists crying.gif ..STUPID fists crying.gif

I would have really loved to see the Police in Saratoga a couple years back...

Oh well confused13.gif

I should have seen DT this year too when they played in Buffalo... but I was stupid... I missed PT too but there should be more chances to see them

QUOTE (Jaye @ Oct 11 2010, 03:37 PM)
Not seeing Queen with Freddie. I had the chance in '86, but my elder brother let me down. The prick.

Thanks for the reminder.

My sister's been to see Queen & Paul Rogers. She loved it. biggrin.gif (But then again, she's in love with Brian May, so as long as he's there, new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif )

Wow! She really loved it?

I guess it would be cool to see. It would be like seeing three bands in one.

QUEEN

FREE

BAD COMPANY

laugh.gif

QUOTE (spacement @ Oct 11 2010, 05:51 PM)
Not going to see Brand X with Phil Collins at the Tower Theater in 1979. I was just getting into Genesis at that time and someone talked me out of going.

Followed by missing Yes at the Spectrum in 1980 for the Drama tour. I even waited in line with my friend who bought the tickets. She broke up with her boyfriend and sold his ticket and mine. Drama is one of my favorite Yes albums.

But I've been fortunate to have many, many musical memories and very few regrets.

Holy Shit AJ!

You missed that one? Shame on you Mr. NUCLEAR BURN!

I wish I saw the last Genesis Tour with Peter!

Hell, I would have taken the last Genesis Tour with Hackett!!!! UGH!!!

So many regrets not enough money to build that time machine.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 11 2010, 08:27 PM)
I would have really loved to see the Police in Saratoga a couple years back...

Oh well confused13.gif

I should have seen DT this year too when they played in Buffalo... but I was stupid... I missed PT too but there should be more chances to see them

Sorry Phil!

Thank goodness I made up for The Police.

I saw them at the Oakland Coliseum two years ago and then on the second leg at the Concord Pavilion with Elvis Costello opening.

It was incredible. When Elvis started to sing "Allison" STING came up behind him and they sang it together.

Priceless. JMO

It was also Stewie's birthday that night. Some fan gave me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEWIE button.

I still have it!

Signed,

"Driven To Tears"

fists crying.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 12 2010, 07:00 AM)

Thanks for the reminder.

QUEEN

FREE

BAD COMPANY

laugh.gif

laugh.gif Yeah, they do play a Free/Bad Co. song or two sometimes!

And Roger Taylor's drum solo sounds great - apparantly, he goes to the front of the stage with just one drum to start with and just plays that, then every couple of minutes someone brings him another piece of kit one by one and he keeps going to include them and just keeps expanding the solo until he has his full kit. cool.gif I have to admit, I would have loved to have seen that! biggrin.gif

Not finding RUSH when I was in HS - instead listening to absolute crap on the radio and listening to what my friends liked. Colossal waste of time.

Regrets, I have a few.

In the early 90s, stadium tours were very popular. Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, SC was one of the main stops because of it's large capacity and VERY willing athletic department. I missed EVERY ONE of the tours that came through Columbia! ohmy.gif Now, at the time, I would have told you that I was working my tail off trying to make ends meet. But in so doing, I missed these acts:

Guns & Roses/Metallica

Paul McCartney

Rolling Stones

Idiot! sad.gif

Also, I regret not hanging on to my old Rush posters after I left for college. They would go GREAT in the man-cave right about now, as I kept those in pretty good shape.

My regret doesn't have to do with missing any particular band, performer or show.

I regret quitting piano lessons when I was 13. I had been playing for more than 7 years, and had gotten pretty good at it, if I must say so myself. I didn't think it was a cool instrument. What an idiot I was.

I would love to take up lessons again, but it's difficult (time, money, etc..)

Maybe someday...

sad.gif

QUOTE (afurrything @ Oct 9 2010, 08:45 PM)
Wish I had seen the Lollapalooza show in St Louis in 91(92) I can't remember now, been trying to block it from my memory because this is one of my biggest regrets.

With your Vedder pics, I assume you are referring to the '92 Tour. I was at that very same show in STL; Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ministry, Ice Cube, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam. Yeah, it was pretty incredible. Thats the only Lollapalooza show I ever attended, but it was definately the one to see!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 8 2010, 07:44 PM)
Easy enough question, when it comes to the world of music what is the biggest regret you have?

The one rule is that to have the regret you have to have been able to have not had the regret in the first place.... for example you cannot say "Man I regret that I was never able to see Jimi Hendrix, and were only 5 at the time he died, or not even born" It has to have been something you could have reasonably prevented from happening.... or me I could say that I regret never being able to see Floyd, but I was only 8 the last time they toured, and never alive for the Classic Lineup...I cannot say that because the not being able to see Floyd was really out of my control.

For me my BIGGEST regret is that I never saw Ronnie James Dio in concert, either with DIO, Sabbath, or Heaven & Hell... and I will now never be able too...

.......and don't feel you have to limit it to "I never got to see such and such in concert" things like... "I wish I never sold my red-vinyl copy of Hemispheres" or "I wish I had discovered 10 years ago, and not just today" things like that..

As part of my answer I've gotta preface it with saying I had the good fortune to see DIO twice, once in 1982 and again in 2009 and he was the real thing. His heart was truly in it and his performances were stellar both times I saw him live with BS.

My musical regret: I regret i didn't go on tour in Europe with a band called shock therapy. They asked me to replace their drummer for the tour (1990) and I declined because I felt my dad would stop paying for college if I dropped my classes. I was in a band in the late nineties that had a chance to do a quick 2-week mini tour in Europe again (mostly Germany, my country of origin) but the band broke up. Both would been "paid vacations". Bummer...

QUOTE (Jaye @ Oct 12 2010, 08:52 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 12 2010, 07:00 AM)

Thanks for the reminder.

QUEEN

FREE

BAD COMPANY

laugh.gif

laugh.gif Yeah, they do play a Free/Bad Co. song or two sometimes!

And Roger Taylor's drum solo sounds great - apparantly, he goes to the front of the stage with just one drum to start with and just plays that, then every couple of minutes someone brings him another piece of kit one by one and he keeps going to include them and just keeps expanding the solo until he has his full kit. cool.gif I have to admit, I would have loved to have seen that! biggrin.gif

Roger Taylor does have a good drum sound! I bet those Free/Bad Co. songs sounded pretty dang good!

Not getting tix to see "The Wall" Tour (Roger Waters), that was just in D.C. last weekend. After seeing videos on Youtube from past shows so far...i'm kicking myself HARD banghead.gif facepalm.gif

QUOTE (teababe27 @ Oct 8 2010, 10:04 PM)
Didn't get to see Type O Negative before Pete Steele died.
Didn't get into metal/rock sooner (until high school).

That's a big regret. They were always a PHENOMENAL show to see. And on top that, they are all great guys. I got to meet Pete when he came into Dennys one night, and I was a waiter there. Then Slacker introduced me to him a few years later, at a club in Brooklyn. Me, Slacker and Tick hung out with him most of the night (Slacker is personal friends with the band).

My Type O regret, is that Pete had moved to my hometown, Scranton, and was actually dating a very close friend of mine. I knew he was nearby, but didn't want to go glomming on to him, and using my friendship with Pam to hang out. I thought that eventually, we'd bump into them somewhere. Unfortunately, that never happened. sad.gif

When I was just starting to drum, like, within the first couple of months, the local drum shop down the road where I took lessons was having a workshop with a supposed famous drummer.

Me not recognizing his name, or any of his associated acts, I sorta scoffed off the like $5 charge to get into hear this guy talk about his approach to drumming. So who was this guy?

Steve Gadd.

QUOTE (KW84 @ Oct 8 2010, 10:10 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 8 2010, 07:44 PM)

For me my BIGGEST regret is that I never saw Ronnie James Dio in concert, either with DIO, Sabbath, or Heaven & Hell...  and I will now never be able too...

I had a chance to see Heaven and Hell when they came in 2007,

but I couldn't get anybody to go with me. I thought "hey they'll

be back again".

THAT is my biggest regret. fists crying.gif

This exactly - they came to Pittsburgh and no one would go with me, now I'll never see RJD live... fists crying.gif Got a lot of sadness over that one.

I also regret not getting into the lottery to get to the O2 Zepplin show back a few years ago, I had no passport at that time, if I had known Jimmy was going to break a finger I would have had time to get one, but didn't realize how clumsy the man was. Back then I had a much higher paying job so I would have had the cash to blow on a crazy trip like that.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Oct 15 2010, 09:57 AM)
When I was just starting to drum, like, within the first couple of months, the local drum shop down the road where I took lessons was having a workshop with a supposed famous drummer.

Me not recognizing his name, or any of his associated acts, I sorta scoffed off the like $5 charge to get into hear this guy talk about his approach to drumming. So who was this guy?

Steve Gadd.

Steve Gadd: "was"? He still is one of the most respected drummers in the world. I believe he specializes in jazz, the hardest music to play. Look him up and watch him on youtube? he plays with a lot finesse, something you may not appreciate now, but someday you might... wink.gif

Archived