Your Biggest Musical Regret..

The Owl

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now I'd say I regret not being able to see Iron Maiden on the Flight 666 tour last night in Toronto. I had tickets but my ex boyfriend kept my ticket and took someone else instead. It WAS my ticket and I'm pissed I missed it. angry.gif

I sold my 1968 Gibson ES335 back in 1990. I sold my 1974 tobacco burst Les Paul Standard around the same time. I sold my 1970 walnut SG standard...god, this hurts. If I still had them I could probably buy a car with the proceeds.

Wish I had joined Ten Club about ten years before I did!

Wish I had seen the Lollapalooza show in St Louis in 91(92) I can't remember now, been trying to block it from my memory because this is one of my biggest regrets.

Wish I hadn't lost all my vinyls in one of my moves.

Not seeing Iron Maiden on the Somewhere Back In Time tour. They didn't hit anywhere near me in the US and I didn't feel like going up to Toronto for whatever reason to see it. Then again it's not completely my fault, since Maiden had a grand total of only 18 US dates it's not like they gave everyone an equal opportunity to see the tour angry.gif

Another one is giving any metal band with the "cookie monster" vocals an opportunity to impress me at all.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 9 2010, 05:27 PM)
Right now I'd say I regret not being able to see Iron Maiden on the Flight 666 tour last night in Toronto. I had tickets but my ex boyfriend kept my ticket and took someone else instead. It WAS my ticket and I'm pissed I missed it. angry.gif

I hope you made him pay for that angry.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 8 2010, 05:53 PM)
I had a friend offer me a ticket to see Stevie Ray Vaughan for what would be his last show in Dallas. I thought, "Nah, I'll catch him next time. Got other stuff to do." Dumbest move EVER. That's haunted me since. Now, when I miss seeing a concert I really want to see, I totally freak out and remember the time I could have seen Stevie Ray one last time.

This.

Missed SRV open up for Jeff Beck in Oakland.

I always thought I would have another chance too.

EPIC FAIL! sad.gif

Missed out on seeing Nine Inch Nails before they split up, even though I'd had chances in the past to see them and went "Nah, they'll be around next year..."

Opted out of getting tickets to see Paul McCartney TWICE.

I regret not seeing Queensryche with Chris DeGarmo. Seen them several times since he left, but it's just not the same. I had the opportunity to see them on the "Promised Land" tour, but, alas...FAIL! I was only, like, 14 or 15, but I had a ride and everything, I decided I didn't want to spend the $20 on the ticket! Can't even remember why! angry.gif

Oh, and I would have loved to see Rush on the CP tour. If I had pushed the issue, I might have been able to get my mother to drive me to SLC. That was the first tour they did after I became a die-hard fan. Grrrrrrr....waited until T4E to see them the first time.

Turned down the opportunity to see Thin Lizzy before they broke up and Phil Lynott died, because they'd be back again.

Also regret not taking up the option to see The Jam way back.

However, my biggest regret was turning down the option of a Knebworth ticket to see Zeppelin in '79. Free transport as well - Doh!

1. I skipped seeing Rush for years and years because I wasn't then a fan. That's changed and I wish I had those opportunities back....(80s tours).

2. I had the chance to see Porcupine Tree about blocks from where I live now -- and the ticket was paid for by a friend -- and I just wasn't jazzed enough to go because, again, I wasn't into them. (Anethetize tour).

3. Not making an effort to travel to see Kiss on either the Hot In The Shade or Revenge tours, both of which were marvelous...and the only tours I didn't attend between Creatures and the Reunion tour.

I had a chance to see Ozzy on the Blizzard Of Oz tour . They did 2 shows in one day in N.Y. and a few guys from high school were going. I said no , he will be back. He did come back and Randy was gone . Bad on me.

Kiss- 1980 N.Y. ,Eric Carr's first show with them . They had a few tix left but i did not want to go downtown , i still can not live it down banghead.gif

QUOTE (tjtull @ Oct 11 2010, 08:12 AM)
Never seeing Pink Floyd live.

However, I am seeing Roger Waters on Oct 29th!! Maybe that will make up for it. I hear the show is incredible!!

Hey, I saw him in Rio in 2007. I didn't even care about the music much, one of my friends got me a free ticket...it's an awesome show!!!!

My biggest regret was missing AC/DC in 1996 in Curitiba, Brazil. But I managed to see them on the Black Ice Tour earlier this year.

Allowing my ex husband to talk me out of seeing Pink Floyd. See why he's my ex?

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 11 2010, 05:33 AM)
Not seeing Queen with Freddie. I had the chance in '86, but my elder brother let me down. The prick.

Never had a chance bud, but man I wish I could have seen Freddie too.

Thanks for the reminder.

One show I would NEVER see would be Queen with Paul Rodgers!!!!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 11 2010, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 11 2010, 05:33 AM)
Not seeing Queen with Freddie. I had the chance in '86, but my elder brother let me down. The prick.

Never had a chance bud, but man I wish I could have seen Freddie too.

Thanks for the reminder.

I did so tongue.gif to the both of you laugh.gif

Archived