Your Biggest Musical Regret..

The Owl

Easy enough question, when it comes to the world of music what is the biggest regret you have?

The one rule is that to have the regret you have to have been able to have not had the regret in the first place.... for example you cannot say "Man I regret that I was never able to see Jimi Hendrix, and were only 5 at the time he died, or not even born" It has to have been something you could have reasonably prevented from happening.... or me I could say that I regret never being able to see Floyd, but I was only 8 the last time they toured, and never alive for the Classic Lineup...I cannot say that because the not being able to see Floyd was really out of my control.

For me my BIGGEST regret is that I never saw Ronnie James Dio in concert, either with DIO, Sabbath, or Heaven & Hell... and I will now never be able too...

.......and don't feel you have to limit it to "I never got to see such and such in concert" things like... "I wish I never sold my red-vinyl copy of Hemispheres" or "I wish I had discovered 10 years ago, and not just today" things like that..

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a friend offer me a ticket to see Stevie Ray Vaughan for what would be his last show in Dallas. I thought, "Nah, I'll catch him next time. Got other stuff to do." Dumbest move EVER. That's haunted me since. Now, when I miss seeing a concert I really want to see, I totally freak out and remember the time I could have seen Stevie Ray one last time.

I started learning how to download live bootlegs 3 years ago and I regret not learning it sooner. I regret not holding on to my bootleg cassettes I recorded back in the early and mid 80's.

I regret not buying more vinyl 25-30 years ago (I mostly bought cassettes angry.gif ) and I also gave away my vinyl collection 17 years ago (much regret). But Ive been a rock n roll fan for 35+ years so I'm sure with more years comes more regret. But that also means many many good choices as well.

I've been fortunate to have seen several shows so far in my life, but there are still a few that I've missed... that still stand out in my mind sad.gif

Iron Maiden- Somewhere Back in Time Tour

Van Halen- a few years ago with the original line up.

When I was 11 yrs old I was supposed to see the Motley Crue Dr. Feelgood tour, but my LAME stepmom wouldn't let me go with my sister angry.gif

Less than a year ago I was in Dallas and Paul McCartney was playing that same night, and I couldn't go!! Who knows if I'll get another chance to see him. Love the Beatles and pretty much all the solo stuff of each member.

I also regret leaving my vinyl collection in the care of my parents, who put one of the boxes in their attic where almost half of my albums melted in the Texas heat in the summer of 1985. I lost my original copy of Never Mind the Bullocks in that tragedy, damn it. I don't really remember what else was in that box. That one, though. That still kills me.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 8 2010, 06:53 PM)
I had a friend offer me a ticket to see Stevie Ray Vaughan for what would be his last show in Dallas. I thought, "Nah, I'll catch him next time. Got other stuff to do." Dumbest move EVER. That's haunted me since. Now, when I miss seeing a concert I really want to see, I totally freak out and remember the time I could have seen Stevie Ray one last time.

Yep, Stace, that WAS a pretty dumb move! Hahaha tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Oct 8 2010, 07:58 PM)
Less than a year ago I was in Dallas and Paul McCartney was playing that same night, and I couldn't go!! Who knows if I'll get another chance to see him. Love the Beatles and pretty much all the solo stuff of each member.

ACK!!! I remember you calling me about that show! laugh.gif We totally should have gone. yes.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 8 2010, 07:00 PM)

ACK!!! I remember you calling me about that show! laugh.gif We totally should have gone. yes.gif

No kidding. Why does money always have to be an issue?! tongue.gif F'ing money angry.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Oct 8 2010, 08:06 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 8 2010, 07:00 PM)

No kidding. Why does money always have to be an issue?! tongue.gif F'ing money angry.gif tongue.gif

I KNOW!!!! Next time, no excuses. no.gif

trink39.gif

In 1993, I saw the Lollapalooza show. I saw Tool and a bunch of other forgettable bands, but after Primus's set I was wore out and ready to leave, thus did not pay much attention to the headlining band on my way to the car.

I regret that. The headliner was Alice In Chains.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 8 2010, 07:44 PM)

For me my BIGGEST regret is that I never saw Ronnie James Dio in concert, either with DIO, Sabbath, or Heaven & Hell... and I will now never be able too...

I had a chance to see Heaven and Hell when they came in 2007,

but I couldn't get anybody to go with me. I thought "hey they'll

be back again".

THAT is my biggest regret. fists crying.gif

1. Skipped seeing Metallica headline in summer of '86 with Cliff, because I was seeing them with Ozzy the following month--Blue Oyster Cult opened instead. Never saw Cliff.

2. Been a Rush fan since '84 and have been attending concerts since '86, but didn't see Rush until T4E (and every tour since then). I even had invites for HYF and CP tours and for some reason declined. banghead.gif

3. Skipped Maiden's Brave New World Tour in 2000. They haven't been back to Missouri since. Consequently, I haven't seen my 2nd favorite band since '91.

QUOTE (Joshua @ Oct 8 2010, 09:58 PM)
In 1993, I saw the Lollapalooza show. I saw Tool and a bunch of other forgettable bands, but after Primus's set I was wore out and ready to leave, thus did not pay much attention to the headlining band on my way to the car.

I regret that. The headliner was Alice In Chains.

Oh, damn. sad.gif

Back in the early 80's, I blew a chance to see Van Halen @ The Cap Centre in Largo, Maryland on the Fair Warning tour. I was in my early teens and had not yet realized the talents of Edward the Great. As a drummer, I never cared for Al's playing style and still don't, that has always turned me off about VH.

Missing the Kiss Farewell Tour. Was a huge fan growing up, didn't know the nearest tour date for it until it was too late.

Being a fan since 03 and still haven't seen Dream Theater live. Our schedules have never lined up.

The Sonata Arctica and Nightwish co headline tour in 08. Had a test the next day. School won.

Not doing Solo & Ensemble all three years I marched Drum Corps International.

Not seeing David Gilmour when he was touring 'On an Island'. I've got the DVD, and it was an amazing show, playing some old Floyd songs not heard for ages, like Echoes.

And now that Rick Wright is sadly no longer with us, I doubt we'll see anything of this sort again.

Archived