Battle of Album Sides!

EmotionDetector

Which side do you like better?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which side do you like better?

• PRESTO 2 (Superconductor, Anagram (For Mongo), Red Tide, Hand Over Fist, Available Light)
    • RUSH 1 (Finding My Way, Need Some Love, Take a Friend, Here Again)

FINALLY...the 16th and FINAL matchup for Round 1 is here.

Presto - Side 2 vs Debut - Side 1

Not sure what to think here...I know Presto's side 2 has a few tracks that tend to get crapped on alot here (SC and HOF), but also has a strong track in Red Tide, and of course, Available Light which tends to be a big-time favourite for many here.

On the flip side, the Debut has the classic Finding My Way and a favourite of many in Here Again. However, I know that the debut isn't always everyone's cup of tea on this board.

So...with that said, please give us your votes! Again, this is the final matchup of Round 1! So...bring on your picks! 1022.gif

Man, what a blowout!

All the good songs on Presto (and there aren't many) are on side one. Side two really has nothing going for it IMHO, and it includes what's probably their most ridiculously overrated song in Available Light.

Side 1 of 2.gif is pure awesomeness!

This is the third 'dead heat'...along with 'AFTK - Side 2 vs HYF - Side 1' AND 'TFE - Side 1 vs RTB - Side 1'....

So, that should be taken into consideration as this thing progresses.

To be fair, I would have selected pretty much anything over any side of the Presto album...by far, my least favourite Rush outing...reminds me of a totally sterile and completely asexual mechanical engineering Grad Student who has discovered a secret way of recording an audio equivalent of his 'failing' thesis paper that's got him kicked out of school...But, that's just what I'm hearing.

Gotta go Presto 2 here. Available Light is one of my favorite Rush songs, and Red Tide is above average. Anagram and Hand Over Fist are below average, but the average Superconductor balances that out a bit.

Rush 1, on the other hand, has only average-to-below-average Rush songs.

Presto. I love Red tide man. smile.gif I just got the CD. Its not a remastered version though, I might pick it up next year after its newly rematered

Presto by UD.

No big explanation here, I just chose by which side had more tracks that I liked.

Available Light alone makes my vote easy.

Archived