Headphone albums

Sussossus

So, it seems to me some albums are better when heard through headphones. For example, sometime last week I realized Presto is incredible that way. There are plenty of albums that are just perfect one way or another, such as Moving Pictures. Anybody else have any albums that you prefer on headphones?

i am forced to listen to almost everything on phones mainly because nobody else wants to hear my "racket"but i quite like to get lost in the music and using cans helps me do that.

caress of steel and hemispheres because they are both so atmospheric stand out for me when heard on cans,these two albums can really take you places if you listen carefully without the distractions that go on in the living rooms of most family homes yes.gif

Caress Of Steel. There's some freaky stuff going on during the Necromancer where the music literally moves through your brain from one side to the other.

I have the Bose Quietcomforts and all the albums sound excellent through them. I was listening to Heresy from RTB last night and although there is no epic guitar solo, it really caught me as a great song! It was not even on my radar until last night...Gonna revisit all the albums with the headphones now!

ph34r.gif

Hemi

AFTK

M.P

Signals

QUOTE (Sussossus @ Jul 25 2010, 11:24 PM)
So, it seems to me some albums are better when heard through headphones. For example, sometime last week I realized Presto is incredible that way. There are plenty of albums that are just perfect one way or another, such as Moving Pictures. Anybody else have any albums that you prefer on headphones?

Presto has a really full sound when heard through headphones. I've always enjoyed A Show of Hands this way. If you get the Equalizer just right, it sounds like you're there in the audience.

Most of the catalog is amazing on headphones.

But one tune I love to really rock and get lost in is the ATWAS version of By Tor & The Snow Dog. Insane on headphones.

Also Exit Stage Left Broons Bane/The Trees/Xanadu suite. Classic headphone stuff.

Archived