Next Summers Tour(Signals or Permanent Waves)

presto123

Entire Signals vs Entire Permanent Waves?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Entire Signals vs Entire Permanent Waves?

• Signals
    • Permanent Waves

Here's a tough one. I made this poll because I have a feeling they may be thinking about doing the whole Waves album next summer and include Jacobs Ladder at that time.(wishful thinking?) But personally I'm positive I'd rather hear the whole Signals record back to back. That would rule. Just a lot more stuff on there we haven't heard live or not in a long time. Lets start a petition now:) OK....cast your vote now.

PS.....I still want to hear Jacobs Ladder regardless next summer. tongue.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 8 2010, 10:40 PM)
They're not going to do either of those albums in their entirety. They'll be promoting the new album. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do 2 tours in a row where they play an ENTIRE album from their past.

I was going to say that, but then everyone would bitched about my negativity or something.

They may be real ballsy and do Clockwork Angels in its entirety. They almost did S&A in full during the '07 tour and had mentioned deciding against it for whatever reason in an interview couple years ago.

Highly doubtful we'll see another Time Travel tour featuring an old album. Hemispheres would certainly be something epic. First two tracks downtuned a full step. I'd be curious to hear Book Two that way. Circumstances certainly sounded bad-ass tuned down.

As for the OP, Waves seems the likelier of the two suggested. I dunno though... Different Strings and Losing It are such studio tracks. They would no doubt receive a drastic re-arrangement if we ever saw either performed live.

I'll vote Signals. Subdivisions is always bliss but to get Analog Kid, Chemistry, The Weapon and Countdown on top of that? Oh, that's just heavenly! biggrin.gif

If they were going to do Waves they would have done it already - either this tour or last. Signals is good, but it doesn't have the same draw as Moving Pictures, so no, I don't see them doing that one in its entirety - not when they have a brand new album to promote.

Will they do all of Clockwork Angels? Probably not, but you never know. If the record clocks in closer to 40-45 minutes than to a full hour, they just might. But I don't see them putting out a record that short - not these days. Used to be you could get away with a 30-40 minute album, not anymore.

Not being a negative nelly....but way too many people are putting too much stock in them touring forever. Tons of bitching about set lists, and looking ahead to next year.....what if 'next year' doesn't happen for them? Just sayin' wink.gif

Selfishly, I'd like for them to be at my beck&call every year as well. But it aint going to happen (every) year as many of you on autopilot are thinking ph34r.gif

I'd LOVE to be wrong and eat my words every summer when they blow through town like Steve Miller

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 9 2010, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 8 2010, 10:40 PM)
They're not going to do either of those albums in their entirety.  They'll be promoting the new album.  And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do 2 tours in a row where they play an ENTIRE album from their past.

I was going to say that, but then everyone would bitched about my negativity or something.

That's fine. I can't stop the bitches tongue.gif .

But I don't think there's anything negative in what I said. And I didn't intend it to be (as obviously you know).

If they're going to play anything in it's entirety it'd be the new album...but I don't think they'll do that either. They'll probably play a bunch of Clockwork Angels though as they did for S & A. THEN folks can bitch about this and that wink.gif

"If they were going to do Waves they would have done it already "

The 'vintage album in its entirety' during a tour is a recent fad that has become a hit with fans. (Heart, Primus, Springsteen, Pixies.....) to draw out older fans and celebrate a time in their career that defined them. The Pixies have done very well with it.

To have SIgnals or 'Waves done like the MP set this year is either highly unlikely or maybe the new trend? who knows?

I don't either will actually happen but if I had to choose it would be Signals. Subdivisions is one of my fav Rush songs ever and really is the first Rush song I remember being completely and utterly obsessed with.

An automatic choice for me because of the depth of Signals and how much I haven't seen live: AK, Chemistry, Countdown, The Weapon, Losing It... to get all that in one show would blow my mind. Plus Subdivisions is an anthem to me.

I love NatSci, TSOR and Freewill, but the other half of PW for me isn't on Signals level.

I vote for the next 'Album in its Entirety' tour to be Signals.

Although I believe next years Clockwork Tour will focus on Clockwork Angels.

Maybe in 2013-14 they could dig deeper into the vault and do Perm or Sig.

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jul 9 2010, 12:53 AM)
I love NatSci, TSOR and Freewill, but the other half of PW for me isn't on Signals level.

wacko.gif

Signals vs the peak of Rush? No brainer here, folks.

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jul 9 2010, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 8 2010, 11:32 PM)
I'd like them to do the full Vapor Trails album just to piss a few people off!

tongue.gif

Not me though!!

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Wouldn't bother me either... it could be the first set, with OLV thundering in to open the show 1022.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Jul 9 2010, 02:24 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Jul 9 2010, 02:09 AM)
One of the easiest questions I've had to answer.  I can't believe Signals is that popular  wacko.gif

I don't understand it either.

It's because the smarter ones, ie The ones that prefer PeW, the obvious choice, don't bother voting as they assume that Signals has no chance in the poll anyway...

biggrin.gif

Archived