Was there this much dissappointment

oldphilly

I wasn't on TRF when the S&A,R30 and VT tours were announced. It's obvious that there is a lot of dissapointment being expressed at the leaked rehearsel setlist for the Time Machine tour(assuming it's accurate).

I was wondering if there was this much of an outcry when previous setlists were announced.Just curious.I know Rush can't ever please all their fans no matter what set they put together.But there seems to be a lot of hurt asses out there.I know mine is sore

So what do you think?

Don't bother bashing me for not liking the first set it's just my opinion and it is what is? Thanks.

The people that loved S&A , i don't think had a problem with it. Those of us that were not so happy about S&A , were not so happy about the set biggrin.gif . This might not be the whole set after all. Time will tell

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jun 29 2010, 01:31 PM)
It's disgusting really. The quantity of negativity is baffling to me at this point. eh.gif

Stick around, you'll see biggrin.gif

All these negative threads have me even more firmly convinced that I'm going to be avoiding most discussions in this forum - especially "spoiler" ones.

I really don't want to read critical note-by-note breakdowns of every single performance of every single song. Some people enjoy doing that, and some people enjoy READING that. Your prerogative.

As for me, reading a bunch of complaints about the performances and the songs wouldn't RUIN it for me. But it might very well tarnish the experience. Not risking that.

(And I have a feeling that certain people already have a preliminary list of complaints ready to fire off - they are just waiting till the live performance to be proven "right").

Why don't we all just wait a day before we continue the whining? If the current proposed list proves true, then we can keep whining.

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jun 29 2010, 01:31 PM)
It's disgusting really. The quantity of negativity is baffling to me at this point. eh.gif

I'm with you on that.

I'm happy to hear them play any set list, any song, from any album, any era.

They just sound better and better with each passing tour.

2.gif AlexFinal.gif 2.gif NeilFinal.gif 2.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 29 2010, 02:01 PM)
As for me, reading a bunch of complaints about the performances and the songs wouldn't RUIN it for me. But it might very well tarnish the experience. Not risking that.

I'm not worried about it for myself because as soon as I cross the threshold into the venue, this forum and any comments I've read or made will be the furthest thing from my mind. I can all but guarantee it. I'll be too busy experiencing the show to think, "hm, now, I think that so-and-so from TRF said that the solo during this song was weak when played live..." or even recall what the setlist is exactly. No, I'm not worried at all.

There was certainly more bitching and moaning about it this tour than on the Snakes tour. Though we'll know the whole thing for sure in about 4 and a half hours! Edited by Tarkus407

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 29 2010, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 29 2010, 02:01 PM)
As for me, reading a bunch of complaints about the performances and the songs wouldn't RUIN it for me.  But it might very well tarnish the experience. Not risking that.

I'm not worried about it for myself because as soon as I cross the threshold into the venue, this forum and any comments I've read or made will be the furthest thing from my mind. I can all but guarantee it. I'll be too busy experiencing the show to think, "hm, now, I think that so-and-so from TRF said that the solo during this song was weak when played live..." or even recall what the setlist is exactly. No, I'm not worried at all.

it's too late. we're all in your head. wacko.gif

I think its obvious that the disappointment stems largely from the title of this tour.

The Time Machine Tour. I think if they called it just about any other name and you would hear less bitching, in particular over the absence of older material.

The leaked setlists are hilarious and just a fact of life with any band.

Its funny making really crap setlists with horrible songs they'll obviously not play and fooling people and I'm sure the original poster in that other thread on the Counterparts forum had a good laugh for 2 months while people argued like monkeys about the validity of the setlist.

Its like people trying to figure out where free agents will sign with a professional sports team. Take Lebron James for instance. Today, the news says he'll be playing with 3 different sports teams. He's rotating sports teams, like Rush is rotating songs in that complete b.s. setlist thread that should've been locked weeks ago.

]

It isn't the lack of older material that disappoints me, it is the lack of different and rarely-played material. Much of the setlist has the "same old shit" feel to it. The setlist is filled with stuff that has been played over the last 2 or 3 tours.

As for the rarer stuff, they could have come up with something better than Presto, Stick It Out, and Time Stand Still.

Marathon, Faithless, and Camera Eye are really the only things in the set that are giving me a boner.

QUOTE (quickfree @ Jun 29 2010, 04:06 PM)

Its funny making really crap setlists with horrible songs they'll obviously not play and fooling people and I'm sure the original poster in that other thread on the Counterparts forum had a good laugh for 2 months while people argued like monkeys about the validity of the setlist.

Its like people trying to figure out where free agents will sign with a professional sports team. Take Lebron James for instance. Today, the news says he'll be playing with 3 different sports teams. He's rotating sports teams, like Rush is rotating songs in that complete b.s. setlist thread that should've been locked weeks ago.

]

what about the "rehearsal setlist" from rushisaband??

are you saying this is false?

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 29 2010, 04:03 PM)
I think its obvious that the disappointment stems largely from the title of this tour.

The Time Machine Tour. I think if they called it just about any other name and you would hear less bitching, in particular over the absence of older material.

neil made up the time machine tour title didn't he? i have to admit, it's a great marketing ploy and it worked like a charm.

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jun 29 2010, 04:14 PM)
It was just as bad during the S&A tour... how dare they play Snakes and Arrows songs on the Snakes and Arrows tour?!? The nerve!  tongue.gif

I think some people got too emotionally attached to a "perfect" set they were dreaming of, and any deviation sprung on them by reality sent them into a hissy fit.

yea but 5 in a row and 9 total? damn sad.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 04:10 PM)

]

It could very well be, but no one knows.

It kinda seems like a joke with the whole "Stick It Out" thing. And do you really think Rush would put "Faithless", "BU2B", and "Freewill" all in row with a high risk of at least offending somebody? It wouldn't offend me in anyway but it could very well someone else, idk, just a thought, I guess. We'll all know in a few hours.

QUOTE (Jake2112 @ Jun 29 2010, 04:19 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 04:10 PM)

]

It could very well be, but no one knows.

It kinda seems like a joke with the whole "Stick It Out" thing. And do you really think Rush would put "Faithless", "BU2B", and "Freewill" all in row with a high risk of at least offending somebody? It wouldn't offend me in anyway but it could very well someone else, idk, just a thought, I guess. We'll all know in a few hours.

if it is true with those 3 all in a row, that's one hell of a beer break for me. sad.gif