Favorite Classic '80s Arcade Game?

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

What's your Favorite Classic '80s Arcade Game?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Favorite Classic '80s Arcade Game?

• Arkanoid
    • Asteroids
    • Berzerk
    • Centipede
    • Defender
    • Dig Dug
    • Donkey Kong
    • Double Dragon
    • Frogger
    • Galaga
    • Galaxian
    • Gauntlet
    • Joust
    • Mario Bros.
    • Millipede
    • Missle Command
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Ms. Pac Man
    • Night Driver
    • Pac Man
    • Phoenix
    • Pole Position
    • Punch Out!
    • Q-Bert
    • Qix
    • Robotron: 2084
    • Sinistar
    • Space Invaders
    • Spy Hunter
    • Stargate
    • Star Wars
    • Tempest
    • Tetris
    • Tron
    • Xevious
    • Zero Wing
    • Zaxxon
    • Sports game (specify)
    • Other (specify)

TOP 10 SIGNS SOMEONE PLAYS TOO MANY VIDEO GAMES

10. They ask for all their money in quarters.

9. They're not sure what season, or year it is.

8. They're best friends names are Super Mario, Pac-man, and Sonic (if they have real-life friends).

7. The electric company and the toy store sends them birthday cards.

6. Big falling blocks and hot lava pits haunt their dreams.

5. Their fingers twitch all the time.

4. When they are sick at home the change clerk at the arcade calls to see if they are all right.

3. They can play 2 player games by themselves.

2. Everyone at the arcade knows them by name.

1. Someone is reading this to them, 'cause they're too busy getting a new high score and can not be bothered.

It's hard to pick just one. I own an Asteroids cocktail table, so I'm partial to that. (Unfortunately, it doesn't work!)

Dig Dug is one of my favorites. I also like Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Tempest, Joust, Berzerk, Moon Patrol... oh, it just goes on and on! (Well, I'm a regular over at AtariAge so I should just head over there, I suppose. smile.gif )

i like Tetris, i still havent gotten tired of it. it does have an interesting story behind it. it was invented by a russian in the mid 80s before perestroika. theres a documentary online that can be watched on the history of the game.

http://www.documentary-film.net/search/watch-now.php?&ref=83

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 16 2006, 07:14 PM)
Galaga.
I listen to rush and play that game.

ohmy.gif I do that too!

gee, i had it when i'm the thread killer.

...I've recently rediscovered how addicting tetris can be. Especially The New Tetris on N64. Gold blocks galore baby!

Also Tron is amazingly fun and addictive as well. I found a flash version of the light cycle game over on ebaums world a few weeks back. It's pretty much amazing.

ahh, I love how simplistic the atari graphics are, yet they were so seemingly advanced for their time.

QUOTE (NaturalScience @ Jul 2 2007, 11:20 PM)
forgive but this is my first post reply thing....the game from 80's that rules was Robotron 2084....and the game that had sound bytes like "space cadet" was GORF. I got all the way up to "Space General" sound byte on that game. 2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

Gorf is a brilliant game, I still have the odd game of it now & again, They put a nice mixture of a different variety of game styles in there, hmm, Might just go and have a game now smile.gif

And Robotron is another beauty, Here's an updated version of it, pretty nice too......>>>>> Robotron 2154 ......<<<<< Damn, they should've made it robotron 2112 laugh.gif

I remember two games that I don't see on any of the compilation game disks out there. Two shoot-em-ups called Ikari Warriors and Victory Road. It's basically the same set up as Commando where you have an upgradeable gun and you throw grenades. The only difference was in the warriors games your joystick and character would turn 360 degrees. Anyone else remember those games?

QUOTE (Sark @ Jul 4 2007, 03:23 PM)
I remember two games that I don't see on any of the compilation game disks out there. Two shoot-em-ups called Ikari Warriors and Victory Road. It's basically the same set up as Commando where you have an upgradeable gun and you throw grenades. The only difference was in the warriors games your joystick and character would turn 360 degrees. Anyone else remember those games?

Ohh yeah.......... I used to love Ikari warriors, And still enjoy the odd game of it on the pc. The best bit was if you could get into your tank and keep blasting away, Never tried victory road, I'll need to have a go of that later on wink.gif

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t53/yakima2112/ikari.png~~~~~~~~http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t53/yakima2112/0003.png Ahhh, Killed again sad.gif

QUOTE (LaVilla @ Jul 3 2007, 04:28 AM)
QUOTE (NaturalScience @ Jul 2 2007, 11:20 PM)
forgive but this is my first post reply thing....the game from 80's that rules was Robotron 2084....and the game that had sound bytes like "space cadet" was GORF. I got all the way up to "Space General" sound byte on that game. 2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

Gorf is a brilliant game, I still have the odd game of it now & again, They put a nice mixture of a different variety of game styles in there, hmm, Might just go and have a game now smile.gif

And Robotron is another beauty, Here's an updated version of it, pretty nice too......>>>>> Robotron 2154 ......<<<<< Damn, they should've made it robotron 2112 laugh.gif

WooT!

Welcome to the board NS! Glad to see you've ventured into the posting world. wink.gif

I didn't play video games as a kid.... so I'm gonna wander out now.

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 16 2007, 09:42 PM)
GAUNTLET for sure!

Elf needs food bad!

Valkyrie is about to die!

Insert another 20 quarters now!

laugh.gif

It sure was a money eater, But great fun if there's a few friends joining in................Until...

Elf................Shot the fooood

Then your friends sometimes get shot... eyesre4.gif

Donkey Kong was really great! But I really liked most of these games...I don't know if Track and Field was on there or not, but that game rocked also!