BEER RUN SONGS

syd11

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Jun 16 2010, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 16 2010, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Jun 16 2010, 07:34 PM)
You can do what you want.You paid for the ticket

^ 100% false.

What are you, 12?

No Im 13 and If you buy a ticket and want to leave your seat anytime

you want you can.Nobody can tell you otherwise. Sorry little Hitler

Hitler had very little control over any situation, so your analogy sucks, kid.

Recommendations:

1. Read some books - a lot of books

2. Limit your computer time to 60 minutes a week, tops

3. Ask an adult what 'outside' is

4. research the term 'respect' - it's gonna mean a lot to you down the road... trust me cool.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dazed025.gif It is plane rude to be leaving your seat all the time.. angry.gif and your lack of respect will get you no where. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

ghostworks has some good Recommendations for you that you should check into. yes.gif

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Jun 16 2010, 08:53 PM)

^ 100% false.

What are you, 12?

Thanks for proving Godwin's law.

(Nothing personal BTW, just had to point it out.)

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 16 2010, 08:47 PM)

^ 100% false.

What are you, 12?

Oh, come on. The kid is 13 years old. I'm sure comparing others to an infamous Fascist dictator who killed millions upon millions of people is funny to them.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 16 2010, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 16 2010, 08:47 PM)

^ 100% false.

What are you, 12?

Oh, come on. The kid is 13 years old. I'm sure comparing others to an infamous Fascist dictator who killed millions upon millions of people is funny to them.

The "kid" appears to be in their 40s..

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 16 2010, 04:54 PM)
I saw the S&A tour 5 times and I missed the Larger Bowl all 5 times. smile.gif

Good call, that song sucks. One Little Victory, Far Cry too,

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jun 16 2010, 08:24 PM)
dazed025.gif It is plane rude to be leaving your seat all the time.. angry.gif  and your lack of respect will get you no where.  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif 

ghostworks has some good Recommendations for you that you should check into.  yes.gif

same logic goes for the two lurch looking knuckleheads that decided to squeeze themselves into the 6th row on the last tour. those as*holes had no right being there and caused people to be uncomfortable and were a distraction. nobody said anything because they were too into the show and didn't feel like losing a few teeth over a couple of tough guy stooges. i needed to get that off my chest. wink.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

If you're getting up every other song to get a beer, then why attend the show at all? I can see getting up every now and then when it's a song you don't care for, but if it's that often, then one must not really care for Rush at all. BTW...that's why I try to search for seat 1.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 16 2010, 09:44 PM)
If you're getting up every other song to get a beer, then why attend the show at all? I can see getting up every now and then when it's a song you don't care for, but if it's that often, then one must not really care for Rush at all. BTW...that's why I try to search for seat 1.

Excellent point about "seat 1". I do the same thing now. Not only is it easier to get out of, but it's easier to relocate when you get back and it's hard to see because of the darkness.

We have seats 1 and 2 of a row for this show, but it was totally random and lucky.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 16 2010, 10:44 PM)

That thought has occurred to me a number of times as well. Just stay home and put on a DVD and park your ass in your recliner with a cooler full of beer. It's cheaper, you can fast forward through songs you don't want to hear, and freeze the action when you need to pee.

And if you drink so much you get puking-sick, hey, it's your house. Barf where you want.

Well, I'm either too cheap or not stupid enough (take your pick tongue.gif ) to blow my money on $3 water or $7 beer, but these songs could very well have me with my fingers in my ears while slamming my head into the back of the next seat...

Necromancer

Fountain Of Lamneth

In The End

Rivendell

Madrigal

Tears

Afterimage

Tai Shan

Heresy

If I need to go to the bathroom and can't hold it, I'll try to go during a song I don't like as much as the others. Same goes for beer, but I may only drink 2-3 beers during the night, and at least one of those will be bought before the show starts. At some of these outdoor venues, there is enough room between the seats where it isn't an issue at all. At other venues, it's a big problem. Use your head. You ought to be able to look at the situation and see if it will matter if you keep getting up or not.

um...none 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jun 16 2010, 04:14 PM)
The worst Rush song is still better than standing in line to get a $10.00 light beer while being crushed between people who smell like they haven't bathed in weeks or standing in a puddle of someone else's urine staring at a brick wall in the bathroom. Do you people plan ahead with movies too as far as when to go to the bathroom or get a drink? "Hey, between 51:35 and 57:13 they're just talking between car chases, that's when I'll go to the bathroom". Good grief. To spend years between tours while never even knowing if it's the last one or not and then spending lots of money and in many cases travelling a long way to enjoy the shows I can't imagine wanting to be outside the arena for a minute of it.

But hey, if you guys are leaving then get me a beer.

Outstanding post!!!

The only time I ever considered getting a beer during a Rush concert was the 2007 Snakes and Arrows tour....Summer Time Blues....the friggin nerve to bust out one of those covers again! laugh.gif Edited by Todem

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 17 2010, 12:57 PM)
none, even if they play roll the bones wink.gif - i have minions who get beers for me plus, i use a catheter for big shows like this. trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

Roll the Bones friggin rocks the house bro.

That's right I said it.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 17 2010, 01:19 PM)
The only time I ever considered getting a beer during a Rush concert was the 2007 Snakes and Arrows tour....Summer Time Blues....the friggin nerve to bust out one of those covers again! laugh.gif

I enjoy Summertime Blues... fun song. Now The Seeker and Heart Full Of Soul on R30.. that was pretty sad doh.gif

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay

Don't have any interest in leaving for ANY songs; even if it's not a song I am crazy about, there are still those not-to-be-missed "Rush moments", like Alex being goofy.

I can hold off for the bathroom til intermission, and will in all likelihood do what I've done in the past when I don't want to leave the action AND I know the wait will be long: I conserve on the fluid intake in the hours beforehand.

There are a couple reasons I simply don't believe in "Beer runs" during a Rush concert.

1) Based on how much freakin $ we shell out for my tickets, do you think it makes sense to sacrifice a single second of the show to go get beer?

2) I can get beer ANYTIME I want before the show/intermission/after the show. I CAN NOT see Rush live, in concert, anytime I want.

3) As someone else mentioned already, the cost of drinks at the venues across this country is astounding. I am shocked that people willingly open their wallets and fork over the cash. So not only would I be missing time seeing my absolute favorite band perform, live, but I would also be willingly allowing the venue to rob me blind with their prices? No thanks!

4) Drinking beer at a concert often (though not always) leads to fun stuff like 'getting hammered'. With the details from item #1 above, I sure as heck ain't gonna risk getting drunk so that I can forget parts of the show.

5) Drinking beer at a concert often (though not always) leads to other fun stuff, like having to use the bathroom frequently. Sorry, I still don't see the point of drinking more alcohol so I can go to the bathroom and miss more of the show.

Rush performs for ~ 3 hours, give or take. Can't a person go just 3 hours while only buying beer before the show starts, during intermission, and after the show?

I can understand wanting to avoid lines and such - but it's a freakin' concert. You're stuck in a venue with thousands of people. Deal with it!

But hey, more power to you if you wanna go get beer and clear some of the space around where I sit for awhile! smile.gif