What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

The weather is beautiful. Went out and worked in the yard yesterday and today preparing the flower beds for mulching. Mulch is on sale at Lowes tomorrow for 2.00 a bag. I am probably going to pick up 15 bags or so tomorrow to get started on the front yard anyway. Love working outdoors!!! :cheers:
  • Like 2

The weather is beautiful. Went out and worked in the yard yesterday and today preparing the flower beds for mulching. Mulch is on sale at Lowes tomorrow for 2.00 a bag. I am probably going to pick up 15 bags or so tomorrow to get started on the front yard anyway. Love working outdoors!!! :cheers:

Me too....Have fun! Glad you're feeling better sir

Me too....Have fun! Glad you're feeling better sir

Thanks. Me too. I have a one large bed full of only lilies of all kinds. They are starting to pop up out of the ground. It is such a rush to watch my flowers grow and bloom. The grass will be turning green soon also. An exciting time of year for sure.... :)

I ate lunch with my 8 year old at school and attended their book fair.

I pack his lunch every day. Rarely do I subject him to the cruel punishment of eating an actual school lunch. Well, I went to Subway and bought some BLT's, chips and a couple cookies. The employees gave me the heads up that the school doesn't permit bringing in "pre" packaged food, so they wrapped them in plain paper.

As I entered the school one of the secretaries was waiting for me, ready to lay down the law. She did. I told her what I had. She told me that I could eat lunch with my child "in the car", but not in the school. Needless to say I was kinda pissed.

I went to the cafeteria to buy some milk for us to drink "in the car". The lunch ladies recognized me and asked me if I wanted a tray and I replied that I was only buying milk. I told them my tale. The manager came immediately to me and said "F that stupid bitch" under her breath (she's rather rotund, normally quite cheerful person might add. The manager that is). She gave trays and said "I'll deal with her. You and your boy have a great time".

So I ate with my son and his friends. Laughed a lot. Savored the moment. This almost made the "what pissed you off today thread. But, a kindly lunch lady saved the day.

• Like 9

This morning in a hockey playoff game, my boy let a player get by him on the offensive zone blue line (he plays defense). He got on his horse, chased him down from behind, and kept him from having a free break away shot on the goalie. He had to lay out, because the kid was much faster than him.

His team won 5-4. On the ride home, he told me "Papa told me you weren't the fastest player, but you never quit on the play. I was thinking about that." I literally had to wipe a tear from my eye.

• Like 3

I ate lunch with my 8 year old at school and attended their book fair.

I pack his lunch every day. Rarely do I subject him to the cruel punishment of eating an actual school lunch. Well, I went to Subway and bought some BLT's, chips and a couple cookies. The employees gave me the heads up that the school doesn't permit bringing in "pre" packaged food, so they wrapped them in plain paper.

As I entered the school one of the secretaries was waiting for me, ready to lay down the law. She did. I told her what I had. She told me that I could eat lunch with my child "in the car", but not in the school. Needless to say I was kinda pissed.

I went to the cafeteria to buy some milk for us to drink "in the car". The lunch ladies recognized me and asked me if I wanted a tray and I replied that I was only buying milk. I told them my tale. The manager came immediately to me and said "F that stupid bitch" under her breath (she's rather rotund, normally quite cheerful person might add. The manager that is). She gave trays and said "I'll deal with her. You and your boy have a great time".

So I ate with my son and his friends. Laughed a lot. Savored the moment. This almost made the "what pissed you off today thread. But, a kindly lunch lady saved the day.

It's always a good day when brainless bureaucrats get a smackdown..... :haz:

• Like 3

This morning in a hockey playoff game, my boy let a player get by him on the offensive zone blue line (he plays defense). He got on his horse, chased him down from behind, and kept him from having a free break away shot on the goalie. He had to lay out, because the kid was much faster than him.

His team won 5-4. On the ride home, he told me "Papa told me you weren't the fastest player, but you never quit on the play. I was thinking about that." I literally had to wipe a tear from my eye.

That was a rating of 5 stars on the goosebump rating scale. Heart warming too. :cheers: to your son and his not giving up and his pop too for teaching the valuable lesson... :)
  • Like 1

75 beautiful degrees today. I have been preparing my flower beds the past few days for some fresh mulch. I got 15 bags at Lowes today and got started filling the beds. I have so many beds that I need tons more but this at least gets the front in shape. It has been feeling great to get outside this week to work in the yard. After my health issues lately its even more special.... :)
  • Like 2

Five years together with my wonderful man D-RocK- whom I met because of Rush and this place. :D :heart: I had no idea I could ever be so happy with someone! AND he loves Rush as much as me!! Thanks TRF :D Edited by Ya_Big_Tree
  • Like 5

Five years together with my wonderful man D-RocK- whom I met because of Rush and this place. :D :heart: I had no idea I could ever be so happy with someone! AND he loves Rush as much as me!! Thanks TRF :D

You two have been together five years now?! Wow! Congratulations!!
  • Like 2

Five years together with my wonderful man D-RocK- whom I met because of Rush and this place. :D :heart: I had no idea I could ever be so happy with someone! AND he loves Rush as much as me!! Thanks TRF :D

You two have been together five years now?! Wow! Congratulations!!

Yup :) Crazy how the time has flown and how much has changed... it really doesn't seem like 5 years :LOL:

Thanks Janie :D

Heading for Florida tomorrow for 4 days of relaxation with my best friend from my youth. Going to see a couple spring training baseball games and go watch some professional golf.... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Heading for Florida tomorrow for 4 days of relaxation with my best friend from my youth. Going to see a couple spring training baseball games and go watch some professional golf.... :cheers:

Have a wonderful, safe vacation...

Thanks. I plan to do that very thing.... :rose:
  • Like 1

I no longer have a username that makes me sound like a redneck. :chickendance:

Well done.... :cheers:

I get to keep working, My company likes me :)
  • Like 5

Ha! I gave you your first "Like!"

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/LOLlapalooza/zeaJc.gif

Dude you are seriously as awesome as yur name!!!

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/tumblr_mat3k1i1aW1r1mtsdo1_4001_zps218fcf22.gif

• Like 1

I frikkin LOVE Jim Parsons!

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/tumblr_mat3k1i1aW1r1mtsdo1_4001_zps218fcf22.gif