What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Finally!! Last night was wonderful. Heard a lot of things I needed to hear, got long overdue hugs and kisses, and had a fantastic talk and night with the hubby. Lets hope it continues :)

I think today is the day Santa finishes gathering stuff for Lucy's stocking ;)

I hear Santa prefers the target dollar aisle!!!! Lmao

• Like 1

Finally!! Last night was wonderful. Heard a lot of things I needed to hear, got long overdue hugs and kisses, and had a fantastic talk and night with the hubby. Lets hope it continues :)

And night? :cheers: :)

Someone else besides me is decorating my family Christmas tree for the first time in 30 plus years and I am on the forum. :dweez: Thanks to my son and his lovely girlfriend.... :cheers: Edited by Narpet

Just be sure to use cash now at Target!

Glad to hear things are going well. :)

All my shopping is done. All the gifts are wrapped. And yesterday, the kids saw Santa, fed his reindeer and got to sit in his sleigh. They were beside themselves. Edited by Janie
  • Like 1

I booked yesterday off and then got called into work anyways. I usually work a 9 hour shift but got stuck doing floral deliveries for 12 hours yesterday. It was one of the best days of work I've ever had. Handing a basket of flowers or gifts to an 80 year old lady at Christmas is a great feeling.d
  • Like 4

My kids are adults now as most of you know. My daughter is up for Christmas and it has become painfully obvious now that my children really love and respect each other........ :)
  • Like 3

My kids are adults now as most of you know. My daughter is up for Christmas and it has become painfully obvious now that my children really love and respect each other........ :)

Excellent. Yeah, my two oldest brothers were bitter enemies in their late teen years. I witnessed many brutal brawlings between them in the late 70s/early 80s. Truly scary. Now they're extremely close. We all (6 bros) are really but there used to be such a huge gap between those 2. They live less than 2 miles from each other and see each other weekly. Anyone that knew them way back when can hardly believe how they are now

• Like 1

Billy, day 6 ;)

I had a wonderful day. Lucy loved Santas stocking, she got a nice doll from a friend, and puzzles/Barbie/stuffed animals from my dad and stepmom!

I didn't expect anything but they sent me awesome pajamas, a cute purse and my dad got me a jumbo squirting flower!!! Haha YES!!!

Happy holidays, Rushians! Hope you all had a great day with family and friends. :)

• Like 4

My 8yr old got a CHIMA Lego set. 412 pieces. Really worked hard for about three hours on it. He got burnt out. My older brother and my Dad finished it together. I just took pics of them thinking of the quality time found in this simple act. Great feeling!
  • Like 4

Helping Mom change out the light in the ceiling fan and we found Gay Ken! (Official name Earring Magic Ken, but Mattel fooled no one with that. He has a mesh shirt, purple pleather vest, and his pants open in the back, for crying out loud). Gay Ken was discontinued after a very brief (haha) production run and I thought he might be worth something. He's not, turns out, but it's still pretty cool.
  • Like 2

Helping Mom change out the light in the ceiling fan and we found Gay Ken! (Official name Earring Magic Ken, but Mattel fooled no one with that. He has a mesh shirt, purple pleather vest, and his pants open in the back, for crying out loud). Gay Ken was discontinued after a very brief (haha) production run and I thought he might be worth something. He's not, turns out, but it's still pretty cool.

My sister had Barbie's and Ken 40 + years ago. I wasn't so sure about him then either. He seemed to enjoy hanging out with my G.I. Joe's more........ ;)
  • Like 1

My sister had Barbie's and Ken 40 + years ago. I wasn't so sure about him then either. He seemed to enjoy hanging out with my G.I. Joe's more........ ;)

You should watch Toy Story 3 if you haven't already

• Like 1

Christmas was awesome. I have been saving up for a laptop since September with plans to get a new one tomorrow when they're on sale. My best friend is the only person that knew that I was going to get a new laptop. Today my parents surprised me with a new one because my mom used mine in November and realized how shitty it is. She is awesome.

Even better than a new computer was being able to spend last night and all of today with different members of my family. I think I am finally at the stage where I enjoy being with family more than getting presents.

• Like 3