What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Got the biggest f*cking escrow check back from the mortgage company. Totally unexpected. Sweet.

Got my Sweety a gift, when she opened it it was broken,packed wrong. Yep a little pissed. Went today to get it exchanged and didnt have any problems at all. I thought they would give me troble but not any . biggrin.gif

My new computer finally got here and I am viewing The Rush Forum on a 27 inch screen that is higher definition than most TVs I have ever owned. I only recently heard the word "terabyte" and now it is here at my fingertips. It was all in the nick of time because my old monitor is flickering and jerking like nobody's business.

R.I.P. to my old Mac. The hard drive will meet the hammer tomorrow (yeah, I'm that paranoid.)

Finding myself back here after a too-long hiatus.

I remembered the whole make-a-thread-for-everyone's-birthday thing and felt so horrible for having been away so long. :C But then I came back here and felt better. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That and my birthday started off less-than-stellar, but then ended so well. Started off with me just doing homework all day and studying since pretty much all my friends I had plans with bailed on me. But then my friend (who is awesome, a writer, likes Stargate, AND likes RUSH... you know it) came over and he and I just hung out. It was really nice though and it meant so much more to me than he could ever know. heart.gif

Two or three times a month I pull all of my pocket change out and put all the pennies in a jar. I used to roll them and take them to the bank, but these days you can throw them in one of those coin machines in the grocery store.

Today I pulled out about five or six and one was a wheat back penny. I used to see them all the time, but now they turn up rarely. I took a look and was astounded to see that the year was 1917. Can you imagine the 95 year journey this small disc of copper has taken from its minting until now? It is a 1917 D. That means it was minted in Denver, CO. For nearly a century it has been circulated around the country and finally ended up in my pocket here in Nashville, TN. I say finally because it is the first time in my life that I have decided to keep a lucky coin. It isn't going anywhere.

Yesterday for Religion class I had to lead this little prayer service thing, and part of it was reflection with music in the background. I played some basic YouTube 'relaxing music.'

But I also snuck in King Crimson - Prelude: Song of the Gulls and Camel - Preparation.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Feb 18 2012, 09:33 AM)
Yesterday for Religion class I had to lead this little prayer service thing, and part of it was reflection with music in the background. I played some basic YouTube 'relaxing music.'

But I also snuck in King Crimson - Prelude: Song of the Gulls and Camel - Preparation.

biggrin.gif

The next time I have to do this, I'm playing "Hope". biggrin.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Feb 18 2012, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Feb 18 2012, 09:33 AM)

biggrin.gif

The next time I have to do this, I'm playing "Hope". biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif Why didn't I think of that! doh.gif biggrin.gif

I took my kids up in a modified Cessna 172 today. (again) I did the rolls, spins, and twirls I like to do, and it was...well...you know! I have an instructor/owner from hell!!!

GOOD TIMES!!!!

That shit just never gets old!!!

Oh yeah, both kids made the honor roll AGAIN!!! Straight A's across the board!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif wub.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif 653.gif common001.gif

Just good stuff!!! I've never seen a simple B yet!!!

Anyway...

Spent all day yesterday and today looking at all 212 pages of Pokememes biggrin.gif

Also, got an awesome version of the first Pokemon movie on YouTube, will watch today or tomorrow, followed by the rest of the movies and all 14 seasons of the anime. biggrin.gif yes.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Feb 19 2012, 05:17 PM)
Spent all day yesterday and today looking at all 212 pages of Pokememes biggrin.gif

Also, got an awesome version of the first Pokemon movie on YouTube, will watch today or tomorrow, followed by the rest of the movies and all 14 seasons of the anime. biggrin.gif yes.gif wub.gif

Good lord!

(Dare I inquire as to what this "awesome version" is? Feel free to PM me.)

But that doesn't sound like such a bad day at all. tongue.gif

I've been struggling for the past couple weeks to get a good start on a story I have to write for my English 252 class, but today it hit me. I was just riding down to the capitol building in search of inspiration (it's a WWII-era story; figured being around a government building couldn't hurt) and - WHAM! - the beginning hit me like a freight train. Now I just gotta turn it into a 10-15 page story by next Monday. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (missionman @ Feb 19 2012, 12:35 AM)
I took my kids up in a modified Cessna 172 today. (again) I did the rolls, spins, and twirls I like to do, and it was...well...you know! I have an instructor/owner from hell!!!

GOOD TIMES!!!!

That shit just never gets old!!!

Oh yeah, both kids made the honor roll AGAIN!!! Straight A's across the board!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif wub.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif 653.gif common001.gif

Just good stuff!!! I've never seen a simple B yet!!!

Anyway...

Awesome news about the kids!

and awesome that you are getting to fly again. smile.gif

Raided thrift stores today and I got a really cute top...

...which I wore to the awesome Mardi Gras dance at the residence hall next door to mine.

I didn't get the little doll in my piece of queen cake but it was tons of fun nonetheless.

There is a great used record/comic book store in town, The Great Escape, celebrating their 35 anniversary. I found all the Del Amitri CDs I didn't have and the so so elusive Lonely Is An Eyesore (never released on DVD) VHS tape. It was all priced under five bucks. Yay!