Ozzy Blizzard and Diary albums to be reissued for

treeduck

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!! I am very surprised they are putting Bob and Lee back on. That's f***ing great! I think its absolute shit how they re-recorded those albums with a different drummer and bass player. This is great news. Luckily for me I have the original CDs before they were redone.

The phonies with the other guys on them sound so shit. and sadly a lot of people own these phonies and don't even know it.

Yeah this is good news, I'll be snapping them up, give my vinyl copies a well overdue retirement.

I dunno why Shazza is allowing Ozzy to have his old bandmates on his own records again, maybe it's part of some kind of sordid poker sex game and she lost this time. Next time Ozzy wins maybe he can wangle being allowed to eat in the house with the dogs again...

ph34r.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ May 27 2010, 11:18 PM)
WOW!! I am very surprised they are putting Bob and Lee back on. That's f***ing great! I think its absolute shit how they re-recorded those albums with a different drummer and bass player. This is great news. Luckily for me I have the original CDs before they were redone.

The phonies with the other guys on them sound so shit. and sadly a lot of people own these phonies and don't even know it.

1. I am too

2. It is

3. I agree

4. it is

5. I do too.

6. they do

7. it is very sad, and funny too.

Okay, I was never a hardcore Ozzy fan, but a casual one. I bought Blizzard and Diary when they were first released but after the cassettes (yeah, I'm old) wore out I never replaced them. So can anyone tell me when and exactly why they were redone?

I do like the idea of these reissues and may pick them up.

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ May 28 2010, 12:18 AM)

unsure.gif

Okay...I'm a little unsure about things now.

When exactly were these re-issued? And how do I know which versions are not the true recordings??

If it helps anyone, my copies of both Blizzard and Diary are from that first set of remasters that has the word 'OZZY' in big letters vertically down the left side of the albums, with a smaller version of the album art in the middle of the booklet cover (Blizzard was blue and Diary was a olive green).

I never knew there was anything re-recorded? Can someone explain this further? confused13.gif

I guess Sharon realized that noone bought the the "New" versions and that is was a Disgrace what she did. Bitch

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 28 2010, 09:46 AM)
I guess Sharon realized that noone bought the the "New" versions and that is was a Disgrace what she did. Bitch

no shit, I was duped into buying the re-records without realizing it. I will definitely jump on this.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 28 2010, 10:28 AM)

When exactly were these re-issued? And how do I know which versions are not the true recordings??

If it helps anyone, my copies of both Blizzard and Diary are from that first set of remasters that has the word 'OZZY' in big letters vertically down the left side of the albums, with a smaller version of the album art in the middle of the booklet cover (Blizzard was blue and Diary was a olive green).

I never knew there was anything re-recorded? Can someone explain this further? confused13.gif

You have the good remasters with the original drum and bass tracks. The remasters from 2002 are the bastardized versions.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 28 2010, 07:28 AM)
Okay, I was never a hardcore Ozzy fan, but a casual one. I bought Blizzard and Diary when they were first released but after the cassettes (yeah, I'm old) wore out I never replaced them. So can anyone tell me when and exactly why they were redone?

They were re-done to cut Kerslake's and Daisley's share of record royalties. I know Kerslake sued, though I don't know the outcome.

I might get the new releases, might not. I still have my original vinyl.

Whatever you do don't buy anything but the new reissues. Sharon had a big dispute with Bob Daisley (bass player/lyricist) after he sued Ozzy for unpaid royalities and she punished him and Lee Lerslake by expunging their performances from the albums on the 2002 reissues, adding two session players instead and ruining the recording in the process.

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 28 2010, 12:30 PM)

Whatever you do don't buy anything but the new reissues. Sharon had a big dispute with Bob Daisley (bass player/lyricist) after he sued Ozzy for unpaid royalities and she punished him and Lee Lerslake by expunging their performances from the albums on the 2002 reissues, adding two session players instead and ruining the recording in the process.

wasnt it Rob Trujillo that re-recorded the bass parts?

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 28 2010, 02:50 PM)

Yeah...I forget the drummer...

Lucky for me my vinyls are the originals from back in the day and my CD's were burned from those albums. I had no idea all that had happened.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ May 28 2010, 03:15 PM)

Lucky for me my vinyls are the originals from back in the day and my CD's were burned from those albums. I had no idea all that had happened.

Yeah that's how I still listen to them, old Jet records vinyls...

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 28 2010, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 28 2010, 10:28 AM)

I never knew there was anything re-recorded? Can someone explain this further?  confused13.gif

You have the good remasters with the original drum and bass tracks. The remasters from 2002 are the bastardized versions.

Yea they were 'remastered' in '97?? Then re recorded in 2002 with the new rhythm section. Gets kind of confusing I know. But it sounds like you have the good versions so your safe.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 28 2010, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 27 2010, 05:18 PM)
Sharon Osbourne is a vile woman.

Sharon Osbourne is a rich, vile woman. There, fixed.

not a fan but we would likely not even have these two albums if not for her and he would have probably died years ago without her keeping him from completely hurting himself.

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 28 2010, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 28 2010, 02:50 PM)

Yeah...I forget the drummer...

The drummer was Mike Bordin from Faith No More.

Lee & Bob sued Ozzy, and lost, but Sharon had a bug up her A##, and when they re-re-released the 1st 2, sharon had Mike Bordin and, if memory serves, Rudy Sarzo re-record Lee & Bob's parts. Actually, it was Rob Trujillo on bass. Done Out of Spite!

Edited by missedexit

Thanks to all who answered my question, I appreciate it!

Damn that Sharon is one heinous and vindictive bitch. When Ozzy dies she's going to have him stuffed and made into a giant puppet so she can keep him on tour.

Edited by Jack Aubrey