What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

Ditched that other drab novel for Ready Player One, and this one is phenomenal. I may be in love.

That book was so much fun! He's coming out with another book soon, Armada.

So I've heard! If this book continues to hold up like I believe it will, I'll be waiting with bated breath.

Just finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. Loved it, reminded me of my beloved and departed Maeve Binchy's books.

Now I'm on to Stone Mattress by Margaret Atwood. So far pretty good.

Started rereading Harry Potter from the beginning.

Say what you like, these were one of the greatest pleasures of my childhood, and they read even better as an adult.

I just finished Robin Hobb's "Ship of Magic" and am about to begin the next book in the series.

Did you ever finish Memory, Sorrow and Thorn?

I just finished Robin Hobb's "Ship of Magic" and am about to begin the next book in the series.

I've only read the first book so far. It was good, but I felt it dragged on a bit, and would have been much better with 100-200 pages edited out. I can certainly see how it influenced George RR Martin. I've got the other two books to read, but now I'm towards the end of reading all Robin Hobb's books (12 so far, and a few more to go) because I'm really enjoying these.

I've only read the first book so far. It was good, but I felt it dragged on a bit, and would have been much better with 100-200 pages edited out. I can certainly see how it influenced George RR Martin. I've got the other two books to read, but now I'm towards the end of reading all Robin Hobb's books (12 so far, and a few more to go) because I'm really enjoying these.

I still need to get into Robin Hobb.

I have The Assassin's Apprentice on my tablet, maybe now is a good time to start.

And MS&T is hard work as it goes along, Tad Williams books are all bloated, but rewarding.

Started Robin Hobb's The Assassins Apprentice.

I found the very first chapter incredibly beautiful. I was actually moved by two things: the boys mother, and the instant kinship he had with a family of dogs.

I am actually really looking forward to getting stuck into this now, as I am rarely captivated by a book so immediately.

• Like 1

I found the very first chapter incredibly beautiful. I was actually moved by two things: the boys mother, and the instant kinship he had with a family of dogs.

I am actually really looking forward to getting stuck into this now, as I am rarely captivated by a book so immediately.

If you like it already then you'll LOVE the series!

Let me know if you really get into the books and want to read more. She's got several trilogies that should be read in a particular order and it's not obvious what that order is. (I've read them out of order so much of the suspense was lost when I already knew what happened :( )

• Like 1

Let me know if you really get into the books and want to read more. She's got several trilogies that should be read in a particular order and it's not obvious what that order is. (I've read them out of order so much of the suspense was lost when I already knew what happened :( )

Ok! Have I started in the right place?

I noticed she has a few trilogies, and assumed the reading order is the same as the order of release?

I am taking it slowly, on chapter two now (steady Segue, steady lol), but the writing, O MY WORD! I revisited some J.V. jones recently, having loved her books as a kid, but was struck by how timid her prose was, how lacking in detail her descriptions were, for a book classified as adult fantasy. Robin Hobb paints pictures...the image of the boys mum screaming after him as he is dragged from her in the snow was heartbreaking, and his relationship with Nosy touched me deeply, barely even into the first book!

I have high hopes for this. I love good writing, yes I enjoy lighter fair, and children's literature, but this style is scrumptius!

• Like 1

Ok! Have I started in the right place?

I noticed she has a few trilogies, and assumed the reading order is the same as the order of release?

I am taking it slowly, on chapter two now (steady Segue, steady lol), but the writing, O MY WORD! I revisited some J.V. jones recently, having loved her books as a kid, but was struck by how timid her prose was, how lacking in detail her descriptions were, for a book classified as adult fantasy. Robin Hobb paints pictures...the image of the boys mum screaming after him as he is dragged from her in the snow was heartbreaking, and his relationship with Nosy touched me deeply, barely even into the first book!

I have high hopes for this. I love good writing, yes I enjoy lighter fair, and children's literature, but this style is scrumptius!

Yes, you've started in the right place! I'm not sure what order they were released in without looking it up, but read them in this order:

Farseer trilogy (where you are now)

Liveship Traders trilogy

Tawny Man trilogy

Rain Wilds Chronicles (the dragon quadrilogy)

Fool's Assassin (the 1st book in a new trilogy)

(There's also a Soldier Son trilogy that I haven't read yet, but I think that is set in a different world.)

It seems like a lot of books, but I'm now on the last one and it's going to be over too soon!