What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

http://antonysimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/the-hunted-charlie-higson.jpg

Awesome series of books. My favourite ever series really!

Never heard of this. Where do I begin?

The first one's the enemy. I didn't read them in order because I accidentally started on the 3rd (The Dead) :blush: . It is better to read them in order though.

Just finished Women of the Otherworld series Kelley Armstrong; final book Thirteen, very good. A couple of the Longmire mysteries; Hell is Empty and As the Crow Flies, funny and intense, really like these books by Craig Johnson :rose: Then I am re-listening to the Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan; The Lost Hero #1. I love greek mythology and the characters make me laugh too.

I have a copy of The Game by Ken Dryden to read, hear it is one of the best books about hockey, just my cup of tea. Then there this other book about a band...Contents Under Pressure.. :cool: may have to read it soon :yes:

I love Kelley Armstongs books too. I wish there were more of them. I particularly like Elena and Clay.

I'm on the last book in Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan books right now

You are in luck, there is a new book with Elena and Clay to be published the first of 2015, they are my favorites too. :D

• Like 1

Just finished Women of the Otherworld series Kelley Armstrong; final book Thirteen, very good. A couple of the Longmire mysteries; Hell is Empty and As the Crow Flies, funny and intense, really like these books by Craig Johnson :rose: Then I am re-listening to the Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan; The Lost Hero #1. I love greek mythology and the characters make me laugh too.

I have a copy of The Game by Ken Dryden to read, hear it is one of the best books about hockey, just my cup of tea. Then there this other book about a band...Contents Under Pressure.. :cool: may have to read it soon :yes:

I love Kelley Armstongs books too. I wish there were more of them. I particularly like Elena and Clay.

I'm on the last book in Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan books right now

You are in luck, there is a new book with Elena and Clay to be published the first of 2015, they are my favorites too. :D

Awesome. Glad to hear that. :D

Light in August, by William Faulkner

I love Faulkner, and I haven't read a book of his in ages. I'll start one, and then not finish it. I'm going to try to break that cycle here, though.

• Like 1

a people's history of the united states

it's alright so far but very one-sided and getting a little repetitive and boring.

Howard Zinn.

Agreed that it's one-sided. But it's a perspective worth examining.

• Like 1

Last week, I found a whole bunch of Doctor Who Target novelizations in a charity shop, and added them to my collection. I've got a lot of reading to do.

I've finished An Unearthly Child (the novelization of the first ever story), now I'm half way through 4th Doctor classic The Brain of Morbius.

• Like 2

Last week, I found a whole bunch of Doctor Who Target novelizations in a charity shop, and added them to my collection. I've got a lot of reading to do.

I've finished An Unearthly Child (the novelization of the first ever story), now I'm half way through 4th Doctor classic The Brain of Morbius.

Are those the hardback books that are about the size of a soft paperback book? The ones by BBC America? I've got probably a dozen of those. All of the David Tennant era. Most of them are very well done.

• Like 2

Are those the hardback books that are about the size of a soft paperback book? The ones by BBC America? I've got probably a dozen of those. All of the David Tennant era. Most of them are very well done.

No, these are ones that they started doing in the 70's. They are novelizations of all the 60's, 70's and 80's stories (minus the two episodes that Douglas Adams wrote)

Those newer harback ones are good, too. I've got a few of the talking book ones, with David Tennant reading them. It's great hearing his accent change from his Doctor voice to his normal Scottish accent while narrating. He also does a pretty good Rose Tyler.

No, these are ones that they started doing in the 70's. They are novelizations of all the 60's, 70's and 80's stories (minus the two episodes that Douglas Adams wrote)

Those newer harback ones are good, too. I've got a few of the talking book ones, with David Tennant reading them. It's great hearing his accent change from his Doctor voice to his normal Scottish accent while narrating. He also does a pretty good Rose Tyler.

I've not heard those. Sounds interesting. :)

I've not heard those. Sounds interesting. :)

Here's an extract from his reading of The Stone Rose. He does a good Jackie and Mickey, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvGoQlZHv5A

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 1

I am waiting for my Chronicles Of Narnia bound volume to arrive. Fully illustrated throughout by original artist Pauline Baynes, this edition has the bonus by being colourised throughout.

I cannot wait!

• Like 4

I am waiting for my Chronicles Of Narnia bound volume to arrive. Fully illustrated throughout by original artist Pauline Baynes, this edition has the bonus by being colourised throughout.

I cannot wait!

Great books.

• Like 1

I cannot wait!

Great books.

These were the first book series I ever read as a kid. I just loved the sense of wonder when they first went through the wardrobe into Narnia. Years later I bought the whole series in paperback but I would like to have them in hardback. In fact maybe I'll start reading them again. :)

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 3

I cannot wait!

Great books.

These were the first book series I ever read as a kid. I just loved the sense of wonder when they first went through the wardrobe into Narnia. Years later I bought the whole series in paperback but I would like to have them in hardback. In fact maybe I'll start reading them again. :)

I read through them every few years, and I seem to come away with a new favorite each time (Horse and His Boy when I was a kid, then Last Battle, and Dawn Treader most recently).

• Like 2

I cannot wait!

Great books.

I read through them every few years, and I seem to come away with a new favorite each time (Horse and His Boy when I was a kid, then Last Battle, and Dawn Treader most recently).

The Duffers and their empty mansion always gave me the creeps a bit.

• Like 1

I cannot wait!

Great books.

The Duffers and their empty mansion always gave me the creeps a bit.

I love that part. It's very eerie. :)

• Like 2