What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

Native Son is very good... only got about 50 pages left, which will be read tonight. After that, it's time for Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest... after which I'll be taking a break from reading and watching the movie of the same name, also, The Godfather II.

I'm currently juggling between a couple books...

Stephen King's The Waste Lands (Dark Tower Vol. III)

Inside Out: The Story of Pink Floyd by Nick Mason

and then for my English lit/lang course at college I have to read Anita Shreve's Eden Close.

I just finished Ghost Rider yesterday. I loved it! Neil has such a unique style and he makes the reader feel like he is sitting with them and telling him his story exclusively. Through his use of personal letters to friends and colleagues we are given a glimpse into his mind durring that difficult period of time for him. I really feel that I see Neil in a much different light then I did when I first started reading it. As someone who has suffered a lot of tragedy in my life, I found that I was able to relate to his heartbreaking tale and also reading about his trails on the healing road made me remember about my own healing road travels. These were memories that I had long since forgotten, so for that gift I will be eternally greatful to this book.

I can't wait to read Roadshow and his others.

biggrin.gif

Lets Spend The Night Together by Pamela Des Barres 653.gif 1022.gif Edited by Lady April

QUOTE (Lady April @ Oct 22 2007, 09:10 PM)
Lets Spend The Night Together by Pamela Des Barres 653.gif 1022.gif

ACK! Did you get that one today?

I wanna read that one too. Let me know if it's good. smile.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Oct 19 2007, 10:35 AM)
Cold Mountain for college.

I thought Cold Mountain was a good read, realistic portrayal certain aspects of the Civil War south.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 22 2007, 08:56 PM)
I just finished Ghost Rider yesterday. I loved it! Neil has such a unique style and he makes the reader feel like he is sitting with them and telling him his story exclusively. Through his use of personal letters to friends and colleagues we are given a glimpse into his mind durring that difficult period of time for him. I really feel that I see Neil in a much different light then I did when I first started reading it. As someone who has suffered a lot of tragedy in my life, I found that I was able to relate to his heartbreaking tale and also reading about his trails on the healing road made me remember about my own healing road travels. These were memories that I had long since forgotten, so for that gift I will be eternally greatful to this book.

Ahhh...now you're hooked. yes.gif

Ghost Rider is what started it all for me. That's why my avatar will never change.

This year I got the chance to write to Neil to tell him the impact the book had on my life, and he actually read my letter. That knowledge in itself was a gift to me. I wouldn't be the person I am today if I hadn't had the experience of reading GR, and I'm grateful I had the chance to express those feelings in a very non-fanatical way.

Oh, I'm still reading Jane Eyre. I can't remember if I already posted that or not.

wacko.gif

I am reading a book called "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell. The book is about snap judgements, they call it the power of thinking without thinking, assessing situations without analysing. Cool - a quick read.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Nov 1 2007, 01:22 PM)
I'm gonna give Girl, Interrupted a try... a very cool chick (who reads great stuff) told me it was really good.

I'll let you guys knowww

I bet the book is kick ass just because the movie was pretty good yes.gif

QUOTE (thing @ Nov 1 2007, 05:35 PM)
I am reading a book called "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell. The book is about snap judgements, they call it the power of thinking without thinking, assessing situations without analysing. Cool - a quick read.

blink is a very goos book! check out the tipping point also if you haven't done so already!

i'm into something really interesting!!

"anatomy & physiology" !!

i tried to find a different way to get into learning anatomy... so far, not so bad... confused13.gif