Who's Gonna Peek At The Setlist?

ALifeson85

Will You Look At The Setlist Opening Night?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Look At The Setlist Opening Night?

• Yes! I'm too anxious at this point...
    • Maybe...
    • No! I love the element of suprise...

So...ever since the R30 tour, I ALWAYS told myself that I would NOT peek at the setlist, until I finally see the show for myself. And EVERY time...I ended up breaking down, and reading it ANYWAY. ph34r.gif tongue.gif This time around, I'm not even gonna try. Come opening night, I'll be on this forum...spoiling myslef, haha. Thing is, each and every time I "spoiled" the setlist for myself, it has NEVER hindered my excitement about the show...before OR during the show. I STILL had just as much fun, and nothing was "ruined" for me.

So, I must ask...who else on HERE is gonna just go ahead and peek at the setlist come opening night? Who here is gonna HOLD OUT until after the show?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always look so i can plan my Beer break

Not a chance. Nothing beats not knowing what's coming next, and hearing the opening note of the next song. The split second surge of adrenaline that hits you is totally worth avoiding peeks at the setlist.

So while all you folks already know what to expect, I'll be the guy in the crowd with his hands in the air screaming "OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE PLAYING THIS!!" during the first 3 seconds of each song.

When you hear that, you'll know Pags is at the show.

laugh.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ May 21 2010, 12:22 PM)
So while all you folks already know what to expect, I'll be the guy in the crowd with his hands in the air screaming "OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE PLAYING THIS!!" during the first 3 seconds of each song.

laugh.gif 1022.gif

I'm with you I do not want to know.

Lucky for me Sunny always looks and tells me just as the song before intermission starts so I can hit the bathroom and grab a beverage or two.

QUOTE (Pags @ May 21 2010, 12:22 PM)

laugh.gif 1022.gif

goodpost.gif

Yep...that's me as well. I am all about the surprise.

I am also a fan of every Rush song...so no matter what they play, I know I will enjoy! No "beer break" songs for this guy. biggrin.gif

I want those "OMG, I can't BELIEVE they're playing this!" moments, so I am really going to try to not peek.

But my show isn't till 9/29, third from last stop on the tour. It's going to really be tough.

I accidentally found out what the opener is already.

Of course I'm gonna look at what opening night's setlist is. There's a whole whack of days from that day and my first show so in between that time I'm sure I will have fortgotten most of it and be surprised at the show.

I am, I need to see what songs they're playing before I decide to let them ass rape me with these ticket prices. Im not spending $70 more than I did for the same seat on the S&A tour to see them play songs ive seen before.

If its loaded with songs ive never seen them do, then ill go, otherwise ive got better things to spend that money on.

So yeah, the setlist is a must for me.

I would like to keep from peeking at the setlist, or uncovering any other spoilers about the show. But since the Columbus date is 60 days and 26 shows after the tour starts, it will be extremely difficult for me.

Initially I had planned to hear the new songs for the first time at the show, but I'm itchin' for new Rush material so bad that I think I'll give myself that gift as soon as they're released. I hope that will be enough to keep me satisfied so I don't spoil the other major and minor parts of the show itself.

--subject to change without prior notification--

I don't know how many of you were active members when the second leg of the Snakes and Arrows tour started, but I was on here posting updates from RIAB. I arrived sometime during the second set and stayed through the end. (Hopefully we'll do this again June 29.) That was a fun thread. laugh.gif

Something like THIS: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=37756 will be fun to do again.

QUOTE (Noisy Bastard @ May 21 2010, 01:24 PM)
I would like to keep from peeking at the setlist, or uncovering any other spoilers about the show. But since the Columbus date is 60 days and 26 shows after the tour starts, it will be extremely difficult for me.

Initially I had planned to hear the new songs for the first time at the show, but I'm itchin' for new Rush material so bad that I think I'll give myself that gift as soon as they're released. I hope that will be enough to keep me satisfied so I don't spoil the other major and minor parts of the show itself.

It's not difficult, if you really are interested in not knowing. I'm a mod of these forums and I was still able to keep from knowing a single song on both legs of the S&A tour. I mention the mod thing, because in many cases I 'have' to look at certain threads when the need arises, and increases the risk of me seeing things I don't wish to. Put simply, knowing the setlist will lessen the experience for me. Realizing that, I have no temptation to fight off, even though I'm not going to see the show until early September.

QUOTE (Pags @ May 21 2010, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (Noisy Bastard @ May 21 2010, 01:24 PM)
I would like to keep from peeking at the setlist, or uncovering any other spoilers about the show.  But since the Columbus date is 60 days and 26 shows after the tour starts, it will be extremely difficult for me.

Initially I had planned to hear the new songs for the first time at the show, but I'm itchin' for new Rush material so bad that I think I'll give myself that gift as soon as they're released.  I hope that will be enough to keep me satisfied so I don't spoil the other major and minor parts of the show itself.

It's not difficult, if you really are interested in not knowing. I'm a mod of these forums and I was still able to keep from knowing a single song on both legs of the S&A tour. I mention the mod thing, because in many cases I 'have' to look at certain threads when the need arises, and increases the risk of me seeing things I don't wish to. Put simply, knowing the setlist will lessen the experience for me. Realizing that, I have no temptation to fight off, even though I'm not going to see the show until early September.

You very well may have more willpower than I do.

bncegrn.gif Have to have the setlist!!!!! I'm much tooooo nosey!!!

Plus, the element of surprised hysteria oft times causes me to miss half of an unexpected song!

bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

I have only looked once and that was for R-30.....wish I never did it.

The joy of leg one of Snakes and Arrows...the amazing excitment of the T4E tour...I will not look. and I have the last 2 shows of the Time Machine tour....I can do it...I will do it.

It will be the best set-list since the MP tour...I can feel it in my bones.

I always check out the setlist...simply can't help myself.

I go as far as to make a playlist of the setlist on CD and/or Ipod and prime "properly" for the upcoming gig.

By the time the show rolls around, I know the set better than Alex, Geddy and Neil...

...yes, I am ReGorLaTroy and I am a Rush addict.

2.gif AlexFinal.gif 2.gif NeilFinal.gif 2.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif