Setlist? SPOILER SPOILER

I truly do see them opening with TSOR. I think they've been breaking a lot of their past traditions lately and this tour seems to be breaking more than most (TCE, all of MP, rare songs, etc) so it's not unlikely to see their track record not factor into their song choices for this tour.

Not to mention that Rush has suddenly become somewhat of a popular band amongst non-hardcore fans and besides TS, TSOR is their next biggest song that most non-hardcore fans would know.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real way for 'Score Out' to prove he has the set-list is to just publish it. But, since that hasn't happened......it of course means that everyone is going to assume he is making it up. As far as all the other predictions (South American tour, new material, etc.).....I had the same information, but I am no insider. It's basically common sense that you can put together from interviews, etc.

So, let's end all the debate: I see two options at hand: Either Score Out can post the set-list and prove he does have inside information......or we can all wait until the night of the first concert.

My prediction is that we will be waiting to the first night.

C'mon Score Out.......put your reputation on the line and post the setlist!

Actually if he found an impeccablly trustworthy person on this board, he could PM him the setlist, on the condition that it absolutely not be revealed until the conclusion of opening night.

Once the show's over, Score Out's setlist gets posted and this gets settled once and for all.

I'm sure someone here (besides myself, lol) is trustworthy enough that this could happen.

22 more days till all those that want to know will.

QUOTE (powerwindows @ Jun 7 2010, 03:20 AM)
The only real way for 'Score Out' to prove he has the set-list is to just publish it. But, since that hasn't happened......it of course means that everyone is going to assume he is making it up. As far as all the other predictions (South American tour, new material, etc.).....I had the same information, but I am no insider. It's basically common sense that you can put together from interviews, etc.

So, let's end all the debate: I see two options at hand: Either Score Out can post the set-list and prove he does have inside information......or we can all wait until the night of the first concert.

My prediction is that we will be waiting to the first night.

C'mon Score Out.......put your reputation on the line and post the setlist!

Yeah but even if he's on the level he probably doesn't want to "out" the guy who made him privvy to said information in the first place.

And besides that- right or wrong- enough people have made him mad on here so why would he post something like the real setlist now when he hasn't already (in less turbulent times).

Oh and I think it'd be awesome if Rush opens the first show up like this:

"I AM SCORE OUT, BITCHES! AND HERE'S YOUR SPIRIT OF THE RADIO!"

http://www.furiacontralamaquina.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/geddy-lee.jpeg

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 7 2010, 09:27 AM)

http://www.furiacontralamaquina.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/geddy-lee.jpeg

Thats hilarious rofl3.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Jun 7 2010, 09:48 AM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 7 2010, 09:27 AM)

Thats hilarious rofl3.gif trink39.gif

rofl3.gif

Maybe...just maybe...he's right and he's trying to respect what I think would be the obvious wishes of the band not to post an actual setlist.

The only thing I can tell is, Score Out has placed himself far enough out there that he'll either be fodder for ridicule posting for the next five years if he's wrong (made it all up), or he'll make some on here look like complete jackasses if he's right. One or the other.

QUOTE (powerwindows @ Jun 7 2010, 03:20 AM)
As far as all the other predictions (South American tour, new material, etc.).....I had the same information, but I am no insider. It's basically common sense that you can put together from interviews, etc.

No..it goes deeper than that. He does have some kind of connection to the Rush camp. Not sure what kind of connection it is. Maybe thru a friend or whatever.

But he did send me tour dates/venues for my area long before they were announced.

How do explain that? He must know some things right?

I happen to know that Score Out does have an "in" in the Rush Camp and what he was posting was accurate. The opening song WILL be the Spirit of Radio and everything else has has posted has been accurate.

I thought it was great to have someone "in the know" posting here, but as usual, a few extremely negative (or jealous?) doubters didn't just ignore, but chose to insult the guy, and now he may not post again. Why should he when he constantly has to defend himself? Dont blame him for bolting. For everyone calling him out to post who his source is, or to just post the whole setlist, why would he jeopardize his friendship and "in" to do that? I am sure giving clues and hints along the way was ok, and I thought it was kind of fun...but the constant negativity from some of the members screwed that up too.

Good work TRF members! Well played! You sure taught him... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 7 2010, 11:52 AM)
I happen to know that Score Out does have an "in" in the Rush Camp and what he was posting was accurate. The opening song WILL be the Spirit of Radio and everything else has has posted has been accurate.

I thought it was great to have someone "in the know" posting here, but as usual, a few extremely negative (or jealous?) doubters didn't just ignore, but chose to insult the guy, and now he may not post again. Why should he when he constantly has to defend himself? Dont blame him for bolting. For everyone calling him out to post who his source is, or to just post the whole setlist, why would he jeopardize his friendship and "in" to do that? I am sure giving clues and hints along the way was ok, and I thought it was kind of fun...but the constant negativity from some of the members screwed that up too.

Good work TRF members! Well played! You sure taught him... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The thing is... if he didn't want to give away the information, he shouldn't have SAID ANYTHING. Of course that's going to arise suspicion when someone says "oh yeah I know the setlist, not going to give it to you though". He gave pretty general clues that pretty much anyone with a brain could put 2+2 together to figure out. He didn't really bring any great revelations to the table, so why even say anything?

And then he wonders why everyone didn't just blindly believe him? He gave no proof of his information. Dunno if you know this, but this is the internet. Anyone can say anything.

It's not attacking the guy to say "Yeah I really don't buy this. We'll see." Anyone who jumped on him and called him names was out of line. That's out of line in any scenario. I'm not about to back that up.

I remain skeptical in the whole thing. Maybe he's part of the Rush camp. Maybe he's not. Honestly, I couldn't care less. I'll know the setlist on June 29th.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 7 2010, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 7 2010, 11:52 AM)

The thing is... if he didn't want to give away the information, he shouldn't have SAID ANYTHING. Of course that's going to arise suspicion when someone says "oh yeah I know the setlist, not going to give it to you though". He gave pretty general clues that pretty much anyone with a brain could put 2+2 together to figure out. He didn't really bring any great revelations to the table, so why even say anything?

And then he wonders why everyone didn't just blindly believe him? He gave no proof of his information. Dunno if you know this, but this is the internet. Anyone can say anything.

It's not attacking the guy to say "Yeah I really don't buy this. We'll see." Anyone who jumped on him and called him names was out of line. That's out of line in any scenario. I'm not about to back that up.

I remain skeptical in the whole thing. Maybe he's part of the Rush camp. Maybe he's not. Honestly, I couldn't care less. I'll know the setlist on June 29th.

EXACTLY!! goodpost.gif

It's like saying "Hey everyone! I have lots of candy, but none of you get any of it!"

Of course it's going to piss peopel off if the topic heading is "the opening song IS........" and then people click on it to discover inevitable disappointment. He gave us NOTHINg except what a three year old NON-Rush fan could figure out.

Sure, some people would shrug their shoulers at it; others would probably laugh and think it's funny. But 75% of the people were probably downright pissed and even so much as felt robbed by the experience.

If he really can NOT post this information due to a trusted agrement, what could he possibly gain from starting this topic and saying he does have information? Well, like you said, he does NOT usually respond. So I personally think he did it to stir the pot and then watch the domino effect of people bashing each other as he sits there pleased with himself.

Far Cry

The Analog Kid

Time Stand Still

The Pass

Driven

Caravan

BU2B

Vapor Trails

A Farewell To Kings

Jacob's Ladder

Marathon

---------------------

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight

The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

Subdivisions

Leave That Thing Alone

Drum Solo

Bastille Day

2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx/Grand Finale

----------------------

The Spirit Of Radio

Freewill

Closer To The Heart

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jun 7 2010, 09:39 PM)
Far Cry
The Analog Kid
Time Stand Still
The Pass
Driven
Caravan
BU2B
Vapor Trails
A Farewell To Kings
Jacob's Ladder
Marathon
---------------------
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Subdivisions
Leave That Thing Alone
Drum Solo
Bastille Day
----------------------
The Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
Closer To The Heart

I like this one! 1022.gif

Another very realistic setlist, in my eyes.

Far Cry
The Analog Kid
Time Stand Still
The Pass
Driven
Caravan
BU2B
Vapor Trails
A Farewell To Kings
Jacob's Ladder
Marathon
---------------------
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Subdivisions
Leave That Thing Alone
Drum Solo
Bastille Day
----------------------
The Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
Closer To The Heart

Probably the most realistic one so far. A little too many obvious choices, but still damn good. Marathon and Time Stands Still are essential for this tour!

Far Cry
The Analog Kid
Time Stand Still
The Pass
Driven
Caravan
BU2B
Vapor Trails
A Farewell To Kings
Jacob's Ladder
Marathon
---------------------
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Subdivisions
Leave That Thing Alone
Drum Solo
Bastille Day
----------------------
The Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
Closer To The Heart

2 problems with this set list...Neil mentions in his last posting on his site practicing MalNar for the tour and you have no acoustic break post-drum solo for him. Thanks for trying though!

QUOTE (Brava Doh! @ Jun 8 2010, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 8 2010, 08:36 AM)
As The Wind Blows

Fry Cry

rofl3.gif

common001.gif

(just messin with ya...)

LOL...I was typing too fast. tongue.gif

I know I know, it's The Way The Wind Blows and Far Cry.

But maybe "Fry Cry" could be Part II. Something we might hear from the basted chickens behind Geddy?? doh.gif

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jun 7 2010, 11:49 PM)
Far Cry
The Analog Kid
Time Stand Still
The Pass
Driven
Caravan
BU2B
Vapor Trails
A Farewell To Kings
Jacob's Ladder
Marathon
---------------------
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Subdivisions
Leave That Thing Alone
Drum Solo
Bastille Day
----------------------
The Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
Closer To The Heart

2 problems with this set list...Neil mentions in his last posting on his site practicing MalNar for the tour and you have no acoustic break post-drum solo for him. Thanks for trying though!

I suppose replace LTTA with MalNar and Bastille Day with In The End. I hate to see Bastille Day leave the list but not sure where else to squeeze it in.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 5 2010, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 29 2010, 12:58 PM)
Dude, GrandDesigns was referring to Neil's blog on his page that says "we RESURRECTED some songs we havent played in 10 years, 20 years, or ever." (of course this isnt word for word as Im too lazy to find it, but I think most on here can vouch for me that its very close to the actual quote)
That means OLD material never played before. Not new.

Wouldn't it be funny if Caravan was an old song they wrote but never released before now?

In that case it'd fit as an old song resurrected, but never played live before.

Hmmmm..

Has Dog Years ever been played live?