New Shirts

Mr. Not

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ May 14 2010, 03:30 PM)
I bought a '92 Special Edition gold & white on black "starman" t-shirt at the '97 T4E show, and have only worn it 4 times, to subsequent 2.gif concerts. Reason #1 for this; I want to keep that shirt as pristine as possible, but still be able to wear it, and #2, I'm sorry to say, but in my (red)neck of the woods, most people just wouldn't understand the naked dude on my shirt. confused13.gif

I had think I had that same special edition Starman shirt back in 92. It was the the Gold starman logo and on the sleeve special edition "October 1, 1992".

Lost it while moving in 1998 and then started looking to buy another one but its very hard to find in good condition or the right size.

Not a fan of any of the shirts really...

As much as I love Grace Under Pressure, the black just makes it look awkward, I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it's the way the red stands out too much now because of it. Had they left the font either all white or blue, it would have been passable (yes, I know it's red on the cover, but it could have been changed). For some reason they also decided to over-saturate the main artwork into one solid blue color. The white t-shirt was perfect, in my opinion. Black is definitely not a color that has ever been associated with this album.

Test for Echo suffers from the same problem, a lighter shade of blue (a la, the album cover) would have made it fantastic. I also don't get the hazy/smoky beginner Photoshop effect behind the Inukshuk. Seems like someone was trying too hard to make it catchy and cool by giving it this modern grungy effect.

Counterparts I don't even know where to begin. Out of all the "counterparts" from the album artwork, they picked the biblical one with nudity? And of course, made it black. Was there really a problem with the nut and bolt (and blue)? I don't know what impression one is supposed to leave onto others about Rush with a shirt like this. I actually thought it would be amazing if they took all the pictures from the inner artwork and stitched them together to make a grid (so to speak)masked behind the nut and bolt as the t-shirt design.

Fly by Night I don't care for on the basis that I never cared for the album art in the first place (I know it was early, but still atrocious, right down to the font). It's an owl, coming out of the forest (a forest was creatively decided I'm sure to add to the grungy effect like T4E) woo-hah. I will give them credit for actually doing the cover justice by keeping the right shade of blue (or a color at all for that matter). The raglan is a fine example of a well-done FBN shirt.

I understand that the designers were trying something a little different, and I can certainly respect trying to take a different stance on these classic designs. But in all actuality I don't feel they do the album artwork (or the albums musical and lyrical themes) any justice, making me feel like this is just a quick cash-in for everything the band has coming up.

One final note--still no Hold Your Fire t-shirt?

QUOTE (KennethRush @ May 14 2010, 02:29 PM)
Haven't seen these until today, don't know how long they've been out for. I love them all, I HAVE to get the Grace Under Pressure one!!

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae115/Sonata-Kenneth/newshirts.jpg

i got the gup shirt last week

QUOTE (quickfree @ May 15 2010, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ May 14 2010, 03:30 PM)
I bought a '92 Special Edition gold & white on black "starman" t-shirt at the '97 T4E show, and have only worn it 4 times, to subsequent  2.gif concerts. Reason #1 for this; I want to keep that shirt as pristine as possible, but still be able to wear it, and #2, I'm sorry to say, but in my (red)neck of the woods, most people just wouldn't understand the naked dude on my shirt.  confused13.gif

I had think I had that same special edition Starman shirt back in 92. It was the the Gold starman logo and on the sleeve special edition "October 1, 1992".

Lost it while moving in 1998 and then started looking to buy another one but its very hard to find in good condition or the right size.

That's the one! Sorry mine's not for sale...I did ware it out in a "non-Rush" setting once, and got some looks that made me uncomfortable. As I said, I come from a very "Red" state, if you know what I mean... wink.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 14 2010, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (mankad89 @ May 14 2010, 02:39 PM)
Test For Echo one will be mine shortly.

I thought about Counterparts, but I just don't like the idea of wearing pictures of naked people, Biblical characters or not.

What's wrong with naked people? Some of my favorite people are naked.

Hell, I'm naked right now! laugh.gif

I have a long sleeve hooded shirt with the same design that is on the new Counterparts t-shirt. The one I have says "Slave to the hormone" down one of the sleeves. Think I got it from the Backstage Club back in 1994...only wore it once or twice, then folded it up and put it with my Rush stuff.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ May 15 2010, 07:59 PM)

I thought about Counterparts, but I just don't like the idea of wearing pictures of naked people, Biblical characters or not.

See? Case in point! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 15 2010, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ May 15 2010, 07:59 PM)

See? Case in point! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the support! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ May 16 2010, 11:58 AM)
like the look of the purple and gold AFTK royal t-shirt, one for the summer.

starman beltbuckle on order 2.gif

Oh yeah, that one's new too huh?

QUOTE (KennethRush @ May 16 2010, 02:10 PM)

starman beltbuckle on order  2.gif

yeh, not sure when it came out but its fairly new, looks really cool, next thing on the list is a pair of starman socks new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 16 2010, 01:50 PM)
Does anyone know where I can get the Counterparts one in a small? They only have medium and up  sad.gif

I'm in the same boat...all the really cool t-shirts are just too big for my 5'3", 130 lbs frame! I usually just buy a medium, then wash it in hot water the first few times to try and shrink it down!

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ May 16 2010, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (KennethRush @ May 16 2010, 02:10 PM)

starman beltbuckle on order  2.gif

yeh, not sure when it came out but its fairly new, looks really cool, next thing on the list is a pair of starman socks new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yeah...I'm getting the socks and the cycling jersey this week!

Yes...I am a cycling geek almost as much as I am a Rush geek!

laugh.gif

I have design capabilites, and resources. As well as artistic ability. Is making custom Rush shirts illegal? I can see If I was to design them and wear them for myself, but If I sold them as well, would that be illegal? Because I have some great ideas (I think) for Rush t-shirts.

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ May 17 2010, 05:10 PM)
I have design capabilites, and resources. As well as artistic ability. Is making custom Rush shirts illegal? I can see If I was to design them and wear them for myself, but If I sold them as well, would that be illegal? Because I have some great ideas (I think) for Rush t-shirts.

pretty sure that's illegal... not completely positive but you're taking material that is copyrighted and selling it for your own profit. Sounds illegal to me.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 17 2010, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnusss @ May 17 2010, 05:10 PM)

pretty sure that's illegal... not completely positive but you're taking material that is copyrighted and selling it for your own profit. Sounds illegal to me.

Yep, that'd be illegal.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 14 2010, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 14 2010, 01:34 PM)
I like that CP shirt over Starman's naked ass.  Just a cooler image.

Anyhow, all but Fly By Night are very wearable for me.

actually FBN is my fave.

Worst cover art ever by Carugati.

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ May 14 2010, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (g under p @ May 14 2010, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ May 14 2010, 05:55 PM)
QUOTE (g under p @ May 14 2010, 06:52 PM)
The Grace Under Pressure one is mine it's 10 times better than the original white one I have and can't wear anymore. biggrin.gif

Honestly I think its really because its printed on a black shirt now! Shirts made on white just dont look as good as if they were made on black. Makes the image stand out more.

I will be treating myself to a couple of these shirts biggrin.gif

That's exactly the reason I love this new shirt. All the pictures I've taken in the white IF you weren't a 2.gif fan you could never tell what the design was.

Yep. I never bought the GUP shirt BECAUSE it was white.

I actually prefer white t-shirts myself..! My S&A shirt is white. smile.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 17 2010, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ May 14 2010, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (g under p @ May 14 2010, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ May 14 2010, 05:55 PM)
QUOTE (g under p @ May 14 2010, 06:52 PM)
The Grace Under Pressure one is mine it's 10 times better than the original white one I have and can't wear anymore. biggrin.gif

Honestly I think its really because its printed on a black shirt now! Shirts made on white just dont look as good as if they were made on black. Makes the image stand out more.

I will be treating myself to a couple of these shirts biggrin.gif

That's exactly the reason I love this new shirt. All the pictures I've taken in the white IF you weren't a 2.gif fan you could never tell what the design was.

Yep. I never bought the GUP shirt BECAUSE it was white.

I actually prefer white t-shirts myself..! My S&A shirt is white. smile.gif

Me too, not a fan of black t-shirts (very cliche) but I have to say the GUP one is nice.

Archived