Once the tour starts....

fonzbear2000

Will you check for spoilers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will you check for spoilers?

• yes
    • no

I for sure will try my VERY best to avoid checking for spoilers. I greatly regret checking for the Snakes and Arrows tour. One song I've always wanted to see live is Witch Hunt and it would have been so incredible to have been sitting there not expecting that song and just freaking out when it came on. It was still awesome to see it live, but that feeling I would have gotten not expecting it would have been INCREDIBLE!

How about you?

If it's possible, I always check the setlist of any band Im seeing in concert and Rush isnt the exception. smile.gif

Plus, the anticipation would kill me wacko.gif

To me, spoilers are like car wrecks...I know I should just ignore them and go on, but part of me really, REALLY wants to look! cool.gif

goodpost.gif yeah. I try every tour not to look, but I eventually give in. Just like a little kid at Christmas time. biggrin.gif 2.gif

I will definitely be looking for setlist spoilers. But minor details about the intro videos and what Geddy has behind him onstage usually are best left for me to find out when I actually go.

I always check for spoilers. Can't help myself, which is why I'm glad I finally get to go to the first show of a tour. Even if the setlist is leaked in advance, I won't know for sure if it's right.

I'll try to avoid it for the longest time; last time out temptation was just too much. I'll probably cave on the setlist but will avoid all other info.

Who among you will be checking YouTube for video? Not me. . .I'm even going to look at anything Rush on YT because spoilers will pop up on "related videos".

I going to try my very best NOT to check this time around. It will be extremely tough, but I'd like to go in blind and be surprised for a change, especially on this tour, where we're supposed to get some old gems. The fact that my show will be Sept 18th will make this plan all the more difficult. Edited by greg2112

Yes, I will look for spoilers as soon as possible. Back when there was only telephone and mail (not email), it took some time to find out set lists, show props, etc. Now, it's possible to know what bands are playing in real time as they are performing them. Trading bootlegs took days/weeks. Now, it's almost instant. I do like a surprise on occasion but knowing what is to be performed in order helps me plan my pit stops, refueling, smoke breaks and tape flips, well, disc changes / battery exchanges. Not saying I smoke or drink or any of that, but.... Plus, I enjoy watching my pals reactions when their favorites are about to be played. They know I know, but I don't tell them. They do get hints as they know my normal "break" songs, but it benefits them cuz they know what's likely coming and they get another drink in the process!!

Yes. I have to plan the Beer break . If i know the song order i know when i can get more Beer trink38.gif

Yes, I usually check the spoilers.

Being surprised is nice too, but often the feeling of wonder is short lived when you just find out at the show. And then its all over, and you want to see them again but can't for another few years. So you feel anxious and jittery waiting for the next tour/album cycle.

I find its better to look forward to a song once you see one on the setlist you like. Especially since they're playing the good ones this time around!

But really, this could work both ways. For instance on the S&A 2008 Tour leg after attending a 2007 show, I was considering going and had I not looked at the setlist before hand and dropped a ton of money on tickets it would've been pretty disappointing.

And opening night has been kind of show ritual as the veterans can attest to. Park yourself in front of some Rush boards looking for a real time reporting thread and wait for the relayer. Its a bit like draft day in the NFL, rooting for you're favorite team to see who they'll pick!

Since I'm going to the Milwaukee show which is the 3rd stop on the tour,

I will try my hardest not to see the spoilers. It'll be hard as hell but I'm

determined to try this year. I knew the S&A setlist for each leg of the tour before seeing the show and it kind of kills the excitement of "I wonder if they'll play ______?"

Edited by syd11

See, my show isn't until 9/29. This will require some serious self-control on my part.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 23 2010, 08:20 AM)
Yes. I have to plan the Beer break . If i know the song order i know when i can get more Beer trink38.gif

But what if the setlist contains NO songs from HYF, S&A, and RTB...and the only songs they play are pure classics that you love?!

Then...what? tongue.gif

BTW...to answer the question, absolutely NOT.

I hate to be 'spoiled' before a RUSH show.

In 2004...somebody blew the secret of Between The Wheels being played on a different forum, and while I was excited to hear it, it didn't have the same level of excitement as it would have had I only heard it there live for the first time without expecting it.

I love not knowing which song is coming next...it adds an awesome feeling of suspense that you can't get with spoilers.

Besides...thankfully the Toronto shows are the 6th and 8th show of the tour, so I won't have to wait too long, which is awesome! smile.gif