Would you be fine with an opening act

fonzbear2000

In the thread asking who people would like to see for an opening act, most say none because Rush would have to do a shorter set. What if however, Rush had an opening act and still did a full, 3 hour set? I sure would be fine with it, but ONLY if Rush still played for 3 hours.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 22 2010, 01:02 AM)
Nope, no reason to soil the greatness of the Holy Trinity with some lesser band. When I see Rush, its RUSH NIGHT.

Absolutely!! Besides, for some reason Rush's opening bands usually suck anyways. Mr. Big, Candlebox etc. give me a f@ckin' break! dazed025.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 22 2010, 01:58 AM)
No, I wouldn't want an opening act even if Rush played for three hours. Three hours of music is plenty.

This.

I'd rather not. Makes for an awfully long night. Plus most of the time I find myself getting really impatient - I get more and more irritated ("finish up and get off the stage already") with every new song the opening band starts up.

Like I said in the other "Opening Band" thread...

I'd rather have a FOURTH HOUR of Rush then an opening band.

Simply put...there is no use for an opening band with Rush. They have earned the right to have the 'Evening With' format right up until they retire. yes.gif

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 22 2010, 12:55 AM)
In the thread asking who people would like to see for an opening act, most say none because Rush would have to do a shorter set. What if however, Rush had an opening act and still did a full, 3 hour set? I sure would be fine with it, but ONLY if Rush still played for 3 hours.

As long as it's not Rest for the Weary... tongue.gif doh.gif

As for all the previously negative comments...So much for staying on topic.

Hey, I'll give it a shot.

Yes, IF RUSH PLAYED A FULL 3HRS, I'd love to see another band share the stage...ESPECIALLY if the band was a pick of RUSH's.

All this "no" stuff has me bummed that so many members are so easily negative...I'm honestly taken aback at the obstinance.

I've never believed it when it was said that "RUSH fans are obnoxious"...but I'm seeing it first hand.

Osage