The Wall

metaldad

Go to roger-waters.com at 2pm today for all the details of The Wall tour starting in September . I know of 2 shows already

M.S.G and Nassau Coliseum in N.Y in October

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 12 2010, 08:50 AM)
Go to roger-waters.com at 2pm today for all the details of The Wall tour starting in September . I know of 2 shows already

Don't you dislike Pink Floyd?

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 12 2010, 07:56 AM)

Not at all. I saw Waters 2x on his last solo tour. I just hope the tickets are not $1000 laugh.gif

I would LOVE to go see this show. I saw the DSOTM tour 4 times. It was a fantastic show. I thought Roger's band's rendition of the music was pretty spot-on. Dave Kilminster is no replacement for David Gilmour, but the guy certainly isn't a slouch either. He did a fine job of reproducing the guitar solos.

If I can't make it to one of these shows, I hope it's recorded for a DVD. I wish they'd have done that with the DSOTM tour...

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 12 2010, 07:56 AM)

I do!! I think they suck! tongue.gif laugh.gif (...except for David Gilmour's guitar playing notworthy.gif )

but hey it's horses for courses...

enjoy the gigs people!!

trink39.gif

1287.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Apr 12 2010, 04:56 PM)
I'd love top see this show...If tickets are cheaper than 2.gif maybe I'll hit Tampa.

When i saw the DSOTM tour i had great seats and with all the Ticketmaster fee's it was $100 per seat

If Gilmour isnt involved, then i have no interest.

I find tours like these to be lame. Its like going to see a tribute band. The original band is no longer recording, and its nothing but a cash grab. I really have no desire to hear another guitarist attempt to pull of those classic Gilmour solos. The mans tone is legendary. I'm sure they sound fine, but something just doesnt seem right about it.

Edited by Xanadoood

I am very excited for this! The DSOTM tour was amazing, and I considered it the closest I would ever get to seeing Pink Floyd live.

Anyone going to the Phoenix show? Whoo!

1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 12 2010, 06:50 PM)

I find tours like these to be lame. Its like going to see a tribute band. The original band is no longer recording, and its nothing but a cash grab. I really have no desire to hear another guitarist attempt to pull of those classic Gilmour solos. The mans tone is legendary. I'm sure they sound fine, but something just doesnt seem right about it.

+1

It is like SKID ROW with no SEB.

Edited by silver

I agree.

Besides, Waters need to quit doing The Wall. The man is a case of walking depression as it is and doing this only compounds it. Go make a new album and tour with all new music.

from what i'm reading, it seems that Waters is touring "The Wall" with the full production..... as in he will do what PF did on a limited tour in 1980... where a wall was built between the audience and band throughout the show and knocked down at the end...

The tour was limited because of the elaborate production, the only U.S cities on the Wall tour were NY, and LA back in 80...

If this is true, and Waters is touring full production with all those dates, it is one of the most massive undertakings of a tour I've ever seen.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 13 2010, 07:25 AM)
We'll see him across the pond in 2011. Should be a blast. The DSOTM shows I was at were immense.

As much as I love The Wall, I just can't spring for him this time. The DSOTM tour was close to perfect as they played the entirety of my fave PF album and the remainder of a killer set-list. I also had near-front row seats, perfect weather (for outside shows here you always pray) and reasonable sound (even for this position). The only thing that was missing of course was Gilmour. Oh well, you can't have it all. But no, I'll be stepping aside for this one and have to be contented for the DVD experience.

I saw him once during for the DSOTM show and it was amazing to hear not only the album but the rest of the material he played. I will definitely be there Dec 6th, though since its Roger Waters and will cost your first born son to see him, I will likely be in the very back of the pavilion.

Not going to see a Cover Band. Not going to see a singer who can't sing. Not going to see a bass player who can't play. Not going to fund the pockets of the ego maniac.

My prediction....the tour fails and most shows are canceled because of poor ticket sales and huge production costs.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 13 2010, 12:47 AM)

I agree.

Besides, Waters need to quit doing The Wall. The man is a case of walking depression as it is and doing this only compounds it. Go make a new album and tour with all new music.

His solo albums are depressing and suck, but did like Radio K.A.O.S. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Apr 16 2010, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 13 2010, 12:47 AM)

I agree.

His solo albums are depressing and suck, but did like Radio K.A.O.S. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

'Amused' was WAY better than the rest of his solo material combined.

I've seen ticket prices $250 or so to as low as $50.50! IF I go it'll be the $50.50 price for me. I don't care who it is, I can't see paying more than $100 for a concert. MAYBE if that price included a shirt/program or other merch.

I skipped the Eagles and The Police's "retirement fund" concerts because of the high ticket prices.