INSANE Ticket Prices

Echoes

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 12 2010, 12:41 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 12 2010, 10:35 AM)

What really pisses me off about the Molson Amphitheatre is not ONLY the price of beer being $10 but they got rid of all the water fountains and force you to buy water in a bottle for $4 !!!!!!!!  I read somewhere that's actually illegal, to deny someone water like that.

10 bucks a beer!

Thieves!

I'm gonna tuck a flask full burbon between my ass cheeks.

Can I get a hit off that?

z7shysterical.gif

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 12 2010, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 12 2010, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 12 2010, 12:54 PM)
Rush is performing and we're talking about getting drunk? confused13.gif

Come on! A Rush concert is just as awesome sober, and you'll remember it clearer wink.gif

Oh and PLEEEEASE do the pre-puking. I do not want to be splattered and have to drive all the way home smelling like someone's vomit no.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Not even mine Tarky?

z7shysterical.gif Nah that's okay, you can keep it! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 12 2010, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 12 2010, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 12 2010, 11:54 AM)
Rush is performing and we're talking about getting drunk? confused13.gif

Come on! A Rush concert is just as awesome sober, and you'll remember it clearer wink.gif

This thread was highjacked by Beer . It will pass laugh.gif

Mmmmmmm... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

Actually... I don't drink beer... I prefer bourbon. smile.gif

I like the way you think trink39.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 12 2010, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 12 2010, 11:41 AM)

What really pisses me off about the Molson Amphitheatre is not ONLY the price of beer being $10 but they got rid of all the water fountains and force you to buy water in a bottle for $4 !!!!!!!!  I read somewhere that's actually illegal, to deny someone water like that.

10 bucks a beer!

Thieves!

ah yes....... good old (Butt) Crack Daniels

Guy 1: Hmm.. this JD tastes different...

Guy2: Why that's because it's been in my ass

Guy1: Oh... excuse me what?

Anncr: Crack Danniels Tennesse Burbon.. Aged to perfection in a tightly closed space.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 12 2010, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 12 2010, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 12 2010, 11:41 AM)

10 bucks a beer!

Thieves!

ah yes....... good old (Butt) Crack Daniels

Guy 1: Hmm.. this JD tastes different...

Guy2: Why that's because it's been in my ass

Guy1: Oh... excuse me what?

Anncr: Crack Danniels Tennesse Burbon.. Aged to perfection in a tightly closed space.

ohmy.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 12 2010, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 12 2010, 11:33 AM)
Well, with all the good news and Positive stuff from the Rush camp of late, it's good to see the fans have found something else to be mad at Rush about...Well done guys! comp26.gif

Hey, it's a reasonable thing right?

Ok...boom...tomorrow tickets are $500 a pop, regardless of where you're seated. Does it suddenly become ok to talk about something other than the positivity of them touring?

I don't think discussion about this is unreasonable. dazed025.gif

some people just are not happy unless they are pissing and moaning about something

alot of people complained that an album has not be released in awhile and when it does come out just like with s&a you will be happy for about two seconds and then have something else to bitch about take a god dam midol and shut up

Edited by limbo

QUOTE (limbo @ Apr 12 2010, 11:36 AM)

some people just are not happy unless they are pissing and moaning about something

alot of people complained that an album has not be released in awhile and when it does come out just like with s&a you will be happy for about two seconds and then have something else to bitch about take a god dam midol and shut up

You got that right.

Rush fans in particular are notorious bitchers and whiners. At least based on my experience on this message board.

I honestly don't have a problem with the base prices of the tickets. The problem is the incredible number of fees that the promoters make up names for. Ticketmaster is NOTORIOUS for this. Last time I bought tickets from them, I actually had to laugh at some of the fees. They are absolutely ridiculous.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 12 2010, 03:27 PM)
I still don't understand why NOTHING has been done about Ticketbastard's outrageous, made-up service fees. Seriously, it's absolutely ridiculous how much the try to steal with each ticket the sell.

No shit. $21/ticket? Pisses me off more than anything about the ticket prices.

And this is a monopoly. Last I checked, those weren't legal.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 12 2010, 02:31 PM)
I still don't understand why NOTHING has been done about Ticketbastard's outrageous, made-up service fees. Seriously, it's absolutely ridiculous how much the try to steal with each ticket the sell.

Yeah, their fee is what tickets actually cost in the early 90s.

Yep. There's only two kids on the block: Ticketmaster and Livenation. It does seem rather shady, doesn't it?

My mother had mentioned that she saw a show on the Permanent Waves tour and paid less than 15 bucks for the ticket. Makes me rage real hard.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Apr 12 2010, 10:54 AM)
Unfortunately some fans won't be able to afford the show.  That's life.  There are many things I wish I could have, but unfortunately I cannot afford them.  That's my life and I don't waste much time complaining about it.

A rock concert shouldn't be an unaffordable luxury. That's just wrong.

QUOTE (AVman9 @ Apr 12 2010, 03:20 PM)
No shit.  $21/ticket?  Pisses me off more than anything about the ticket prices.
And this is a monopoly.  Last I checked, those weren't legal.

Yep. There's only two kids on the block: Ticketmaster and Livenation. It does seem rather shady, doesn't it?

My mother had mentioned that she saw a show on the Permanent Waves tour and paid less than 15 bucks for the ticket. Makes me rage real hard.

IMO, that's not really a fair comparison. Shows today aren't what they used to be. Technology has come so far in the last 20 years that the quality of the shows just gets better & better. The sound, the lighting, the effects, the whole production (not to mention, the music) is incredibly advanced and all of that cool stuff comes with a price.

When you used to pay $15 for a ticket, you usually got a $15 show - which was OK because we didn't know any different. Hell, I remember $8.00 concert tickets, but I also remember that the sound was horrible and they were using converted industrial lighting onstage that would scorch a musician if he got too close.

These days, you have to decide for yourself if the cost of a ticket is worth experiencing 3+ hours of top of the line sight & sound entertainment. Personally, when it comes to Rush, I think that it is.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 12 2010, 04:26 PM)
It's about time for a revolution, but don't look at me, I'm no John Connor tongue.gif

I think Kozmo4Rush networked some with a group that's trying to pursue legal channels regarding the Ticketbastard/LiveNation dictatorship. . .unfortunately people don't get too worked up about it until they're priced out of something they really want to see.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Apr 12 2010, 04:49 PM)
No shit.  $21/ticket?  Pisses me off more than anything about the ticket prices.

IMO, that's not really a fair comparison. Shows today aren't what they used to be. Technology has come so far in the last 20 years that the quality of the shows just gets better & better. The sound, the lighting, the effects, the whole production (not to mention, the music) is incredibly advanced and all of that cool stuff comes with a price.

When you used to pay $15 for a ticket, you usually got a $15 show - which was OK because we didn't know any different. Hell, I remember $8.00 concert tickets, but I also remember that the sound was horrible and they were using converted industrial lighting onstage that would scorch a musician if he got too close.

These days, you have to decide for yourself if the cost of a ticket is worth experiencing 3+ hours of top of the line sight & sound entertainment. Personally, when it comes to Rush, I think that it is.

I agree with Lights...I have no problem shelling out 120-150 bucks for three hours of RUSH. Its totally worth it IMO. I mean I wouldn't go and spend 400 on a ticket or anything. But taking all the work that has to be done to put one of these shows together into consideration, I think its reasonable.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Apr 12 2010, 04:49 PM)

I don't mind at all the higher cost of the ticket to get a higher quality show. What I DO mind is the "convenience fee". Just the name alone is insulting. If they called it the "F-ck The Buyer Fee", it wouldn't make me any happier about paying it. But at least it would be honest.

QUOTE (Karena @ Apr 12 2010, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ Apr 12 2010, 10:54 AM)
Unfortunately some fans won't be able to afford the show.  That's life.  There are many things I wish I could have, but unfortunately I cannot afford them.  That's my life and I don't waste much time complaining about it.

A rock concert shouldn't be an unaffordable luxury. That's just wrong.

Yeah, I agree.

This isn't a Vegas show that comes with dinner, although unfortunately that is now the very cost of going to a rock show....sans the dinner.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 12 2010, 03:31 PM)

Everything is legal if you have money!!

I have one question for everyone complaining. Which of you aren't going to go? Probably not very many of you. Most of you will bitch and moan and pony up anyway because you can't or won't do without. As long as everyone keeps paying, the prices will continue to stay high and climb higher. Get used to it.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Apr 12 2010, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 12 2010, 09:34 AM)
I will say this, Kiss Tickets were cheaper  than this laugh.gif

Look who you're talking about! laugh.gif

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

That's not really an accurate comparison... as FOH Lights pointed out... the technology of shows has changed a lot. They have to increase ticket prices to pay for the rental of stage equipment, pay for extra crew, tech support etc... In the end it's your decision if you wanna spend $90 a ticket to see all the bells and whistles and a truly amazing band preform for 3 hours. Personally I think you guys aren't really understanding the business of the Tour Machine and how much money it actually takes to keep it going.

Also I believe both TicketMaster and Live Nation are both owned by Clear Channel. Also Live Nation was guilty in a scandal not too long ago for being associated with ticket brokers. Meaning they take all the best seats and give them to their brokers associate companies and made A TON of money. Not sure if this is still the case but be careful when buying tickets.

You can't really do anything about it. Take on TicketMaster and you get ruined.. just ask Pearl Jam. I think Rush would rather be able to play shows rather than fight TicketMaster in a losing battle.

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Apr 12 2010, 03:49 PM)

I don't care much about the extravaganza and could do without it. Just want to be there to see them play their music. I believe I'd give up going to fifty $150 Rush shows now for one $15 PW tour show. I never saw them back in the day but I saw many other great bands because even as teens with McJobs my friends and I could easily afford it and we have no bad memories of inferior sound or lighting.

Some venues have absolute crap acoustics and you're still paying out the big bucks.