INSANE Ticket Prices

Echoes

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 12 2010, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 12 2010, 09:52 AM)
Time is money.

Time Machine Tour.

tongue.gif

Good one! laugh.gif translate: Money Machine Tour!

There ought to be a row of ATMs on Geddy's side of the stage. Or maybe a bank drive-thru window.

you just put an end to the thread on what ged should have on his side of the stage. atm's. laugh.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time is money.

Time Machine Tour.

tongue.gif

There ought to be a row of ATMs on Geddy's side of the stage. Or maybe a bank drive-thru window.

laugh.gif

...and the Boys will only play the next song once 50 people swipe their cards in the machines.

biggrin.gif

I guess it really is the cash-grab tour...I was right all along. I'm so disappointed Alex, Neil and Geddy would actually sink to this level...they've really morphed into greedy bastards. "Let's raise the ticket prices to counter the drop in album revenues. Stick it into the ass of the stupid fans. They're certainly gullible and pathetically desperate enough for any new Rush material".

I will not be attending this tour purely out of principle, nor will I purchase anything Rush-related. I'm completely sickened of what they've become. Frankly, they can kiss my ass...all three of them.

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 12 2010, 10:12 AM)
I guess it really is the cash-grab tour...I was right all along. I'm so disappointed Alex, Neil and Geddy would actually sink to this level...they've really morphed into becoming greedy bastards. "Let's raise the ticket prices to counter the drop in album revenues. Stick it into the ass of the stupid fans. They're gullible and pathetically desperate enough for any new Rush material".

I will not be attending this tour purely out of principle, nor will I purchase anything Rush-related. I'm completely sickened of what they've become. Quite frankly, they can kiss my ass...all three of them.

Does this mean you'll quit TRF and go hang out at the White Stripes forum instead and let all those people enjoy all your lovely and witty comments instead?

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 12 2010, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 12 2010, 10:12 AM)
I guess it really is the cash-grab tour...I was right all along.  I'm so disappointed Alex, Neil and Geddy would actually sink to this level...they've really morphed into becoming greedy bastards.  "Let's raise the ticket prices to counter the drop in album revenues. Stick it into the ass of the stupid fans. They're gullible and pathetically desperate enough for any new Rush material". 

I will not be attending this tour purely out of principle, nor will I purchase anything Rush-related.  I'm completely sickened of what they've become. Quite frankly, they can kiss my ass...all three of them.

Does this mean you'll quit TRF and go hang out at the White Stripes forum instead and let all those people enjoy all your lovely and witty comments instead?

Is this your attempt at humor or wit?

Lawn seats are awful, the sound is terrible. And Im not paying $150 per seat, so im skipping this one. Its not even supporting a new album so it sure as hell is not worth that much money to see an old band play old songs, im sure many of which ive seen live already. What dicks for trying to charge this much.

Say what you want about pearl jam, they dont allow any venue to charge more than $50 for ANY SEAT. They rule, rush blows for doing this.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 12 2010, 09:25 AM)
Lawn seats are awful, the sound is terrible. And Im not paying $150 per seat, so im skipping this one. Its not even supporting a new album so it sure as hell is not worth that much money to see an old band play old songs, im sure many of which ive seen live already. What dicks for trying to charge this much.

Say what you want about pearl jam, they dont allow any venue to charge more than $50 for ANY SEAT. They rule, rush blows for doing this.

i guess wait for the next go around bro. life is short though and oppotunity only comes along once in a while. start saving for the next one. cool.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 12 2010, 09:28 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 12 2010, 09:25 AM)

i guess wait for the next go around bro. life is short though and oppotunity only comes along once in a while. start saving for the next one. cool.gif

Oh I have the money to spend easily, I just refuse to spend that much for a seat. I wont let them rape me just to see them play some ancient songs. If it was supporting new material well then I would pull the trigger, but not for a bunch of old songs, 75% of which ill bet ive seen them play before.

Its possible they will play some of new songs, but I hate hearing new songs live for the first time. You cant even tell what the hell your hearing.

Edited by trenken

I will say this, Kiss Tickets were cheaper than this laugh.gif

no skin off my back. if you don't want to buck up that's your choice.

i've spent that kind of money in restaurants where i walked away not impressed or satisfied or a sporting event that was boring as hell. i have no problem spending it on something that looks to be a little different.

Edited by ReflectedLight

life is short though and oppotunity only comes along once in a while.

FFS, you're talking about a bunch of rock musicians, not an epic career move or major investment opportunity. The Rush guys love to joke about your type while at the same time taking your money.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 12 2010, 09:34 AM)
I will say this, Kiss Tickets were cheaper than this laugh.gif

Lucky you...they weren't for me.

I spent around $175 for each ticket, and I wasn't anywhere near the stage. In fact, in a 5000 seat arena, I was sitting up on a balcony probably around 40 rows from the stage.

But hey...it was my first ever KISS concert...so I felt it was worth it.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 12 2010, 09:42 AM)

FFS, you're talking about a bunch of rock musicians, not an epic career move or major investment opportunity. The Rush guys love to joke about your type while at the same time taking your money.

i would feel alot better bucking up for a ticket than the 250 i put down on a super bowl box. wacko.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 12 2010, 09:42 AM)

^ laugh.gif this, from the same person who wrote:

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 12 2010, 09:12 AM)
"...let's raise the ticket prices to counter the drop in album revenues. Stick it into the ass of the stupid fans. They're certainly gullible and pathetically desperate enough for any new Rush material..."

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 12 2010, 08:21 AM)
QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Apr 12 2010, 05:14 AM)
I think I heard Geddy comment on the price of ticket issue once a few years ago and he mentioned it's the promoters who set ticket prices, if I'm not mistaken.....but I would figure the band has some say in the matter.

I am disappointed with these prices as I paid in the area of 95 bucks for my 3rd row seat in '07. wtf.gif

if you think it's bad now wait until inflation comes around.

i might have to start listening to concerts from the parking lot. wacko.gif

The inflation for entertainment tickets has so exceeded normal inflationary rates. It's ridiculous.

Back in 1987 earning about $4.50 an hour I could afford to go to more shows than I can now as a "professional." Sad.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 12 2010, 09:49 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 12 2010, 09:34 AM)
I will say this, Kiss Tickets were cheaper  than this laugh.gif

Lucky you...they weren't for me.

I spent around $175 for each ticket, and I wasn't anywhere near the stage. In fact, in a 5000 seat arena, I was sitting up on a balcony probably around 40 rows from the stage.

But hey...it was my first ever KISS concert...so I felt it was worth it.

Kiss's cheapest tickets were $25...and they had specials where you could get them for about $10 apiece on certain days. They were up high, but still better than lawn seats.

Time is money.

Time Machine Tour.

tongue.gif

Now THAT is funny!!

Instead of a chicken coming out to baste the birds, they have guys with sacks of cash come out and refill the ATMs.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 12 2010, 09:08 AM)
Time is money.

Time Machine Tour.

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

...and the Boys will only play the next song once 50 people swipe their cards in the machines.

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

I guess if the market will support those prices, more power to them.

I wish tickets were cheaper ( free and gift are my two favorite words ) but Rush has worked hard to make their money over the years. I feel they paid their dues and are deserving of of a nice pay out as much if not more so than anyone else in rock music.

At least at these prices its a three hour "evening with" show and not having a opening act eat up some of the time.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 12 2010, 09:57 AM)
Time is money.

Time Machine Tour.

tongue.gif

Now THAT is funny!!

Instead of a chicken coming out to baste the birds, they have guys with sacks of cash come out and refill the ATMs.

biggrin.gif rofl3.gif

Ticket prices are what they are because that's what the market will bear.

Simple as that.

For every cranky "whaah ticket prices are way too high!" Rush fan out there, there are thousands upon thousands more who aren't giving it a second thought.

Don't get me wrong - I think the prices are ridiculous. But they're only where they're at because so many will pay those exorbitant fees.

Trust me - if tickets were on sale for a few weeks and the stadiums were still only 1/4 sold, you know what? You'd see ticket prices drop through the floor.

Rush fans (casual and otherwise) are their own worst enemies.

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 12 2010, 10:00 AM)
Time is money.

Time Machine Tour.

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

I wish tickets were cheaper ( free and gift are my two favorite words ) but Rush has worked hard to make their money over the years. I feel they paid their dues and are deserving of of a nice pay out as much if not more so than anyone else in rock music.

At least at these prices its a three hour "evening with" show and not having a opening act eat up some of the time.

Problem Tang is the degrees to which some push that. What the market can actually bear is pushing the very elasticity of what people can actually afford. I mean, is the market truly 'bearing' it if people are 10K in debt and STILL decide to put those tickets on a credit card, say?

Technically "yes," but....

And I know that's hardly everyone, but I think there's a d i s t o r t e d sense of "bearing" going on either way. Not saying it's not fair in the most technical sense, but...

I'd love to be able to not think twice about going to shows again. I just can't. I have to be reasonable. As a result I see FAR FEWER shows...and wait for DVDs or bootlegs most of the time. My power bill is more important than seeing a band. I think that's a lot of people, but strangely those folks don't show up when you consider those who still easily afford it and those who really can't but go anyhow. It makes for a weird sense of balance that's not true in my opinion. 8K tickets sold is 8K tickets, but that doesn't mean that things aren't still out of whack.

Edited by Presto-digitation

Time is money.

Time Machine Tour.

tongue.gif

Now THAT is funny!!

And call it the "Fans Under Pressure" tour

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 12 2010, 10:06 AM)
Time is money.

Time Machine Tour.

tongue.gif

Now THAT is funny!!

And call it the "Fans Under Pressure" tour

Caress Of Plastic Tour

Test For Insufficient Funds Tour

A Farewell To Credit Tour

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 12 2010, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 12 2010, 10:00 AM)
Time is money.

Time Machine Tour.

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Problem Tang is the degrees to which some push that. What the market can actually bear is pushing the very elasticity of what people can actually afford. I mean, is the market truly 'bearing' it if people are 10K in debt and STILL decide to put those tickets on a credit card, say?

Technically "yes," but....

And I know that's hardly everyone, but I think there's a d i s t o r t e d sense of "bearing" going on.

its always in their best interest to have you pay more than you can afford. I am not justifying the prices but they are what they are.

My guess is they know this tour will attract more people than the average tour and are comfortable bumping up the price accordingly to reflect that.

it sucks as for us as fans but its a sound business decision for them.