Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

QUOTE (kyracat @ Aug 7 2005, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (clearingsky @ Jun 24 2005, 11:45 PM)
It's very clear to me that Test For Echo is the most underated and underappreciated of Rush releases.I contend that 10-15 years from now T4E will be held in much higher regard.
Todays' T4E is akin to Yesteryears COS which has become much more prominent with time.
Taken in it's entirety,I believe T4E has as much to offer as any Rush release and it is my overall favorite,and they have all been favorites at one time or another.
T4E has and will stand the test of time for the rest of time.

I've always loved tha album, mainly because i like the first 2 songs, but it is a very good one, and you're right, it is underrated alot of times.

T4E is a great album. I think I ranked it 4th behind SIGNALS (me fav.),

A FAREWELL TO KINGS, and HEMISPHERES

I think the only song on that album that doesn't do it for me is Carve Away the Stone. Other than that, I find it as soild as a rock.

I went with Permanent Waves cause that album is classic in every way.

I like T4E a lot, but it isn't my favorite. It's around my 4th or 5th. The only song I dont' care for is Half The World, just doesn't sound finished. Limbo is a great instrumental, along with the first two songs being awesome in every right.

Edited by Mongo

I am a huge fan of Counterparts....My first RUSH concert was the counterparts tour, and it began a tradition of seeing them whenever they were within 300 miles, with my best friend and drummer...now deceased....

sad.gif

It is sooo hard to choose on this one. I love their old stuff, new stuff, in-between stuff, and so on. "Moving Pictures" takes the prize though. For one thing, I think there is actually a mysterious connection between me and this album because it came out the year I was born. I have loved many songs on it growing up because my dad listened to it. I have found the entire album to be captivating from beginning to end. It's quite an experience. All I can say is "cheers" to one of the best rock albums ever written. trink39.gif

U people seem to be in the know so maybe I could get some advice common001.gif common001.gif

Know nothing about Rush (sorry sorry...) want to get an LP for my drummer-boyfriend who doesn't own any Rush (yet!!), trying to find out what would be best!!! (cos it's a surprise bday pressie!!)

I gather people think the top 3 are along the lines of Moving Pictures, Hemispheres, A Farewell to Kings...

I've found 2 "collector" LPs of Hemispheres... a "picture disk" and a canadian "red Vinyl" confused13.gif

I'm hoping this makes more sense to you guys?!!

Any good? or waste of $25 when I could just get the DVD drumming special?

I sit patiently to await your guidance!

Well, at least "Hold Your Fire" is among your faves. It is my favorite and I love VT as well although I think it ranks 6th in my faves list.

Don't ask me how I feel about T4E. dazed025.gif

These types of threads are so interesting because you can always tell the era a person became a fan by the album(s) they choose. It's almost enough to make one appreciate middle age to have been young when 2.gif was young and to have been along for the whole long wonderful dance. I really have to choose an album (or two) from each era to be able to choose at all; or I guess I could submit to the dominant paradigm for a change and choose the one that made me a fan : 2112.

Nearly a year ago I voted for Test for Echo, but now it looks like everything has changed a bit. I cannot change the vote now, but my favourite three currently is as follows:

1, Signals

2. Grace Under Pressure

3. Hemispheres

and all the rest...

Obviously, TFE is a great album, but does not have the spirit and the unique atmosphere of the above-mentioned. Sometimes it takes ages to realize where they were at their peak!

Moving Pictures

Signals

But it is very hard to choose, as all their albums are so f....awesome! trink39.gif

That is way too hard, especially for me. I have to wait until I've heard all of them. I was not alive in the 70's or 80's so I own no vinyl. I have all of Rush's albums on CD from the debut up to Moving Pictures.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

icon_alienjig.gif

my favorite Rush album is permanent waves, with my fav songs entre nous and natural science, to qoute B-man, the best 9 min, 37 sec ever laid down on vinyl, it says so much about the human race and society