Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

My favorite is "Hold Your Fire".

Funny thing is that "Signals" was my favorite for the longest time and I would play in incessantly. But Hold Your Fire seems to have held up more than Signals in the long run as being a favorite.

Signals is now runner up. 653.gif

QUOTE (iamarushfan @ Dec 5 2004, 10:21 AM)
hello signs015.gif cheer.gif AlexFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif

Welcome!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 3 2004, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (King Rygar @ Nov 3 2004, 11:11 AM)
Sorry to break the mood, but I voted for Grace Under Pressure.  biggrin.gif

There are others that I like ALMOST as much, but the first time I popped it in, it had me! Now, it and Hold Your Fire are visited much. But I can't listen to much of the really older stuff anymore, don't know why!  comp26.gif

Welcome to the board!

Have you ever tried to give Hemispheres an honest listen a few times through? That album is addictive! trink39.gif

biggrin.gif Yes" it is"

This is like , children growinng up?

Friends growing older!

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Nov 3 2004, 01:47 PM)
Oh my God!

Are you telling me they did "Between the Wheels" live on this new tour? I just crapped my pants. I hope there is a 30th Ann. DVD with that on it. Sadly, I have never been part of a Rush concert. I am a relative newbie. The live versions (Rush in Rio, etc) of certain songs kick so so so much ass it leaves me!

Between the wheels .... ahhhh...

In good terms, I have been floating around everything including and after Signals. I had only heard the Rush stuff from the greatest hits stuff, I loved the Show of Hands Video, but when I got the Rush in Rio DVD,  I was truly in love. So many words, and so many sounds, touched my spirit alone, alas, many times I have wept while listening to GUP thinking about certain kin who are gone. But In good faith I will say I love ALL the albums, but as a poll of listening would go, GUP dominates. I have also just grown to love Presto (mainly Chain lightning, Available Light, The Pass, etc) an album I had dismissed other than the listed songs long ago.

Every Rush album is like a book to me, the more I read, the better it gets. I can't explain it! It was a hard choice, indeed. But Grace did and still touches my heart!

This site kicks ass!  653.gif

YOUR A RUSH FAN trink39.gif <-----A SHOW OF BEER!

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Nov 5 2004, 01:18 PM)
I vistited the store, cool! I will have to get Power Windows first though... I also noticed the Remasters of the newer albums...GREAT! Right after I finally got them... smile.gif

I will work my way back to those I PROMISE!

Paganoman! I am almost to that spot. I remember when urge to get a new unheard album really broke in and I was going to the store like 2-3 times a week (as the dough would allow) So many wonderful purchases! I actually started taking care of my CD's (well, BETTER care) thanks to Rush. I won't let them stay at a friends house anymore for fear of destruction (it's happened) I can honestly say that my Rush collection is just about all I put in anymore. I listen to it especially while working, and even with my incomplete collection I still find it hard to have time to listen to everything I want in a day! Always finding new jems and hearing or understanding new lyrics that I missed or misheard, as it were!

I could go on for days, and most likely will  no.gif

<-------------------Also very good Classic?

lets face the facts?....The Best is MOVING PICTURES...They were underground before this album(CD)..CARESS OF STEEL....2112.. A FAREWELL TO KINGS..

could they top these albums(CD) in the future?.. no.gif yes.gif

I'm afraid I must amend my young self from my first post. doh.gif

I see it like this: There's Fly By Night. Great album, Peart's debut, first epic, best album, Right? Well, then there's 2112. You have the tour de force piece of 2112, a masterpiece, followed by A Passage To Bangkok and other hits. Why not call that the best album? But, then there's Permanent Waves, a new type of sound coming from Rush....

The list goes on and on, but you get the gist of it.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 9 2005, 06:24 AM)
I'm afraid I must amend my young self from my first post.  doh.gif

I see it like this: There's Fly By Night. Great album, Peart's debut, first epic, best album, Right? Well, then there's 2112. You have the tour de force piece of 2112, a masterpiece, followed by A Passage To Bangkok and other hits. Why not call that the best album? But, then there's Permanent Waves, a new type of sound coming from Rush....

The list goes on and on, but you get the gist of it.

AND THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH...BLESS THE YOUNG 2.gif Fan new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

There just isn't a way I could choose.... Every album has its hits! Even the first Rush album tickles me enough to sing with it... It's so hard!!!! fists crying.gif

I just found this forum and had to register so I could vote here.

I discovered Rush when the first album came out in '74. I had one of the first copies of that record on the original Moon Records label. That was way back when vinyl records were all there was. My ex-wife has since sold it in a garage sale. (One of many reasons she's an ex wife!)

Anyways, they became my favorite band and I saw them live at least 10 times before I was 21. I was just learning guitar back then and I would spend weeks in my room learning every song on each album as they were released. I even had to get an ES-335 even though I'm short and looked kinda stupid with such a big guitar. (I was happy when Alex started playing Strats)

My favorite is really hard to pick since each album holds special memories for me but I have to go with " A Farewell to Kings". The band really seemed to mature and put it all together on that one. Thtitle track is still one of my favorites and then you have Xanadu and Cygnus X-1. Are you kidding me? Awesome album.

It amazes me that they still sound as good 30 years later as they did when I first heard them. And I thank God that John Rutsey quit the band, they may have never made it past a second album with him. (No offense intended John, but that's just how it is.)

Edited by pete, the old guy