Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

if it were best album side (that is, um, when albums had sides), side one of moving pictures is beyond compare, and if side two were as good as side one, the album would be in my top 5 album list by any group ever. that being said, the most consistent one for me is signals, but they really didn't have a bad song at ALL from 1976 through 1985 as far as I'm concerned, and almost any album from that era is just as essential imho...

I have to factor in that cd's hold roughly 60 percent more music. If you're not a fan of Test for Echo, then ...
in one respect, i think when cd's became very popular, it was a bad thing for rush. if not for the cd medium, for example, i think rush might have left off high water and tai shan from hold your fire - they still would have had a regular album's length of material while excluding the two weak tracks. from then on, i think there's been more pressure to come up with 50 or even 60 minutes of good material, when often they didn't even have 40. vapor trails is the biggest offender at over 65 minutes, when 40 would have done just fine, even though i don't like the album pretty much at all anyway. if it was 40 minutes though, at least i'd be able to get through it instead of always trying and ending up turning it off after track 7 or 8 or so...

Caress Of Steel is just about my fav' rush album. It is Rush at their most creative. Clearly the band where pulling out all the stops in trying to create a masterpiece. The album is complex and a bit quirky and eclectic, (which is probably why it's been so criticised) so it needs a good few playings to get into, but those who give it a chance will be very well rewarded indeed!

I can't believe people have voted for Signals! bolt.gif

It's very clear to me that Test For Echo is the most underated and underappreciated of Rush releases.I contend that 10-15 years from now T4E will be held in much higher regard.

Todays' T4E is akin to Yesteryears COS which has become much more prominent with time.

Taken in it's entirety,I believe T4E has as much to offer as any Rush release and it is my overall favorite,and they have all been favorites at one time or another.

T4E has and will stand the test of time for the rest of time.

I probably am gonna get a hard time from some Rush fans here for this...

But my favourite album would have to be Grace Under Pressure

I know alot of Rush fans complain alot about Alex Leifeson being pushed into the background by the predominant use of synthesizers.

However, I find Grace Under Pressure to be a very unique album and as far as I am concerned it is their most original album to date. cool.gif

QUOTE (Grace Under Pressure @ Jul 23 2005, 10:01 AM)

I know alot of Rush fans complain alot about Alex Leifeson being pushed into the background by the predominant use of synthesizers.

However, I find Grace Under Pressure to be a very unique album and as far as I am concerned it is their most original album to date. cool.gif

Gee, whoda' thunk! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Grace Under Pressure @ Jul 23 2005, 02:01 PM)

Grace Uner PRessure is a phenominal album. trink39.gif

QUOTE (clearingsky @ Jun 24 2005, 11:45 PM)
It's very clear to me that Test For Echo is the most underated and underappreciated of Rush releases.I contend that 10-15 years from now T4E will be held in much higher regard.
Todays' T4E is akin to Yesteryears COS which has become much more prominent with time.
Taken in it's entirety,I believe T4E has as much to offer as any Rush release and it is my overall favorite,and they have all been favorites at one time or another.
T4E has and will stand the test of time for the rest of time.

I've always loved tha album, mainly because i like the first 2 songs, but it is a very good one, and you're right, it is underrated alot of times.