Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

I voted for Permanent Waves because of the song Natural Science being on there,there are several more songs on there that are awesome but that is my favorite.In essence my favorite album in reality is Moving Pictures cause it has Tom Sawyer,Limelight,YYZ,Red Barchetta on it....hell all of them are great laugh.gif

2.gif This isn't very easy! Well, the first Rush I ever heard (@ 1977) was A Farewell to Kings. Xanadu was probably my first song from Rush. Me and some friends were partying (and what have you) when he asks, "Ever heard of Rush?" The next thing you know I'm positively blown away by this incredible music, unlike anything I've heard before! It usually takes a few times listening to a new group before I take a shine to them, but this was something special. I was hooked from the first tune! I pick "Kings" since it was my intro to Rush during a special time in my life.

Hi all just found this site very cool; I've been a RUSH fan like for ever. Just wanted to comment on this vote. My favorate studio happens to be A Farewell to Kings, but has anyone noticed Feedback got no votes. Well maybe its because we're not use to RUSH copying songs. But I have listened to it and my opinion is they do those songs just as well if not better than the bands that originated them.Just was wondering what other people thought of this c.d.

QUOTE (jays2112 @ Feb 18 2005, 06:43 PM)
Hi all just found this site very cool; I've been a RUSH fan like for ever. Just wanted to comment on this vote. My favorate studio happens to be A Farewell to Kings, but has anyone noticed Feedback got no votes. Well maybe its because we're not use to RUSH copying songs. But I have listened to it and my opinion is they do those songs just as well if not better than the bands that originated them.Just was wondering what other people thought of this c.d.

Yeah it took me a while, but I have to say I really do like Feedback. Kinda a nostalgic feel to it and I think they chose good songs for it.

I would also agree AFTK is an awesome album, I would probably have to put Hemispheres a notch above it, but still love it.

Welcome to the board!!! trink39.gif

welcome jays trink39.gif

QUOTE (jays2112 @ Feb 18 2005, 04:43 PM)

Hi, Jays2112! Welcome to the board bekloppt.gif

I LOVE Feedback. I listen to it at least twice a week, and last summer I used it as my tanning timer.

I didn't even consider it as a possible favorite, though, because its cover-tunes. Immediate disqualification (I have to find any excuse I can to eliminate albums, or I'm gonna be here all night. wink.gif I listen to all of their albums twice a week.)

I went with VT. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I thought it was good from the get go, but maybe I'm the weird one of the bunch. tongue.gif Anyway, welcome to the board! trink39.gif trink38.gif trink36.gif cheer.gif common001.gif

I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO THESE GUYS FOR OVER 30 YEARS, YES 30, ACTUALLY 31

I RECIEVED THE FIRST ALBUM (IF ANYBODY REMEMBERS THE OLD 33 1/2'S )

cool.gif

IN "73" SO I HAVE ONE UP ON EVERYONE ELSE, ENOUGH SAID ,I REALLY LOVE

"HOLD YOUR FIRE". ALL THE LYRICS, WITH THE MELODY AND RYTHM MAKE FOR

ONE OF THE BEST. SECOND NATURE JUST KILLS ME, ESPECIALLY WITH THE WAY

THINGS IN THE WORLD ARE RIGHT NOW. BUT LIKE ALL YOU DIE HARD PEOPLE

LIKE ME THEY ARE ALL GREAT wink.gif

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Feb 19 2005, 10:43 AM)
Presto..then Roll the Bones..then Moving Pictures..then Permanent Waves..and so on wink.gif

i personally think RUSH should just make one big compilation of all my favorite songs.

laugh.gif

I'd like that, too, in my opinion

Hey! There's FINALLY a vote for the original album!

Now only if we can get Feedback in the run.

It's not on the list, ESL, because it's the one that intro'd me to Rush back in 1981. But like someone else said (I think it was ES-335) I like whichever one I'm listening to at the moment

The first Rush song I heard was Spirit of Radio that was on a compilation tape. I said to a friend at College 'Have you heard of a band called Rush?'. He said of course and my band covers some of their songs.

He lent me 2112 and when side one went into Temples of Syrinx it blew me away and started a very quick buying frenzy of all the albums, well apart from Signals wink.gif

2112 gets my vote

Edited by BackStagePass

2112 is number one, but Roll the Bones and Permanent waves are very close to being top as well. 2112 was my first favorite song before I knew that Rush had a million albums. Even though I said those Albums though, YYZ is still my favorite song.

..is the Weapon to be used against them.

I know of horrors worse than your hell

I am a little bit afraid of dyin'

but I'm a lot more afraid of your lyin'.

"Sayin'?

WE got nuthin to fear but fear itself, not fate / not failure / not fatal tragedy