Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Nov 3 2004, 01:47 PM)
Oh my God!

Are you telling me they did "Between the Wheels" live on this new tour? I just crapped my pants. I hope there is a 30th Ann. DVD with that on it. Sadly, I have never been part of a Rush concert. I am a relative newbie. The live versions (Rush in Rio, etc) of certain songs kick so so so much ass it leaves me!

Between the wheels .... ahhhh...

In good terms, I have been floating around everything including and after Signals. I had only heard the Rush stuff from the greatest hits stuff, I loved the Show of Hands Video, but when I got the Rush in Rio DVD, I was truly in love. So many words, and so many sounds, touched my spirit alone, alas, many times I have wept while listening to GUP thinking about certain kin who are gone. But In good faith I will say I love ALL the albums, but as a poll of listening would go, GUP dominates. I have also just grown to love Presto (mainly Chain lightning, Available Light, The Pass, etc) an album I had dismissed other than the listed songs long ago.

Every Rush album is like a book to me, the more I read, the better it gets. I can't explain it! It was a hard choice, indeed. But Grace did and still touches my heart!

This site kicks ass! 653.gif

You kick ass, King Rygar! That is coming from another Grace Under Pressure-lover. bekloppt.gif

I'm also relatively new to Rush (got hooked last year) and I bought Grace just under a year ago. I first heard DEW and RSA on the RIR dvd and simply had to buy the record soon after that. It has been my fav for a long time now -a unique album in the catalogue.

But I do love a lot of the older stuff, too -just listening to Hemispheres which is a true gem (listen to RR! biggrin.gif ) and was my introduction to the band. Just give it a chance and it will hook you soon enough. cool.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 4 2004, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 4 2004, 08:06 AM)
There's so much stuff out there, so many hidden gems in the earlier albums, I envy you guys getting into it for the first time. 2.gif

A lot of hidden gems in the later albums too. biggrin.gif

There are hidden gems everywhere biggrin.gif

I think the earliest album I have right now is 2112, which I really like so I can't really truly say I don't like ALL the old stuff. I don't own Hemisheres YET, it and Power Windows are the last of the few I don't have yet! (Go ahead, hurt me)

I don't even have a record player right now, but I had to get a sealed copy of Grace Under Pressure on LP, that's how nuts I am.

I like to think back to when I thought all Rush had was Tom Sawyer and that damned Trees song. Wow, what I gold mine I was missing! confused13.gif

Nothing really touches me like Rush stuff anymore, they have spoiled me!

Nice to meet all you cool folk! Now I can finally vent! smile.gif

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Nov 5 2004, 11:51 AM)
I think the earliest album I have right now is 2112, which I really like so I can't really truly say I don't like ALL the old stuff. I don't own Hemisheres YET, it and Power Windows are the last of the few I don't have yet! (Go ahead, hurt me)

I don't even have a record player right now, but I had to get a sealed copy of Grace Under Pressure on LP, that's how nuts I am.

I like to think back to when I thought all Rush had was Tom Sawyer and that damned Trees song. Wow, what I gold mine I was missing!  confused13.gif

Dude, you have no idea how envious I am on you, in a way. One of my saddest days was the day I went out and bought the COS cd. Because it was the last of the collection. I didn't have that new and 'yet to be discovered' album as close as the nearest record store anymore. After that - I had to wait like everybody else for the next Rush release in order to hear something NEW.

Not to dispair though. Even as of this morning as I was listening to Roll The Bones live from Different Stages I heard a drum fill I never heard before and it was the greatest thing!! The discoveries will never end. 1022.gif

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Nov 5 2004, 11:51 AM)

I like to think back to when I thought all Rush had was Tom Sawyer and that damned Trees song. Wow, what I gold mine I was missing! confused13.gif

you have GOT to get the first 3 albums!

Visit our store here!

I vistited the store, cool! I will have to get Power Windows first though... I also noticed the Remasters of the newer albums...GREAT! Right after I finally got them... smile.gif

I will work my way back to those I PROMISE!

Paganoman! I am almost to that spot. I remember when urge to get a new unheard album really broke in and I was going to the store like 2-3 times a week (as the dough would allow) So many wonderful purchases! I actually started taking care of my CD's (well, BETTER care) thanks to Rush. I won't let them stay at a friends house anymore for fear of destruction (it's happened) I can honestly say that my Rush collection is just about all I put in anymore. I listen to it especially while working, and even with my incomplete collection I still find it hard to have time to listen to everything I want in a day! Always finding new jems and hearing or understanding new lyrics that I missed or misheard, as it were!

I could go on for days, and most likely will no.gif

I would have to go with 2112. Probably not their best, but the one that means the most to me. I was blown away by it when it came out - must have played that vinyl 100's of times. Greg

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Nov 8 2004, 03:31 PM)
I would have to go with 2112. Probably not their best, but the one that means the most to me. I was blown away by it when it came out - must have played that vinyl 100's of times. Greg

2112: the only Rush album I liked pretty much from start to finish the very first time I listened to it.

It is still close to being a perfect record. I could do without Grand Finale, though... tongue.gif

WOW! I was hoping no-one would ever ask this question. How in the hell do I choose from the best catalog on earth? I'll just go with my gut and say Grace under Pressure.

I still have not voted here. I just can't. I love Rush as a whole. Each CD has it's own life to me. Yes... some more than others, but none more than the rest. Sorry I can't contribute here. no.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 19 2004, 10:53 AM)
Wow, with prog's vote, now every album has a vote except for thier bookends.

I'm pleased to see somebody voting for poor old TFE, which to me is a severely underrated work in the catalogue. And let's face it, if there can be votes for RTB then surely it doesn't make sense for TFE not to have any! confused13.gif

On another note, I would have liked to see an album other than MP win a poll like this for a change. It did look like Hemis might do the unthinkable but alas, not at the moment. Now that would certainly have made headline news in the Rush world! biggrin.gif

Hmmm... I gotta say my favorite album was Hold Your Fire. It's amazing- Perfectly textured, lush, and... great!

GeddyFinal.gif and, oh yeah, Lee S-335 has the greatest signiture I've ever seen. Very well done.

Ha ha ha... Endless Lee rocking... Endlessly rocking... ha ha ha.