Geddy says "in the studio soon"

MainMonkey

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Dec 3 2009, 03:16 PM)
Would you EP guys rather have or not have Tai Shan, High Water, etc.?

If there were unrelased tracks that were left off of Permanent Waves or Hemispheres, would you want to hear them?

Funny, when Rush retires fans will be clamoring for any unreleased material (I hope!). But now, some would rather have Rush release fewer songs. unsure.gif I don't get it. confused13.gif

In retrospect I wish they'd released nothing but EPs and archived 3 or 5 tunes off every album they've ever done and then release the entire package to us one day and just explode all of our brains all over the place!

Could you imagine?

*explodes*

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am smiling such a smug smile right now...I'd wondered perhaps they would tour this summer...thinking it horrid that they would wait until 2011 to tour...THIS IS AN EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I'm in Glacier NP, Sperry Chalet the week of July 12th...maybe I'll have to stop in RR for a show???

Osage

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 3 2009, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 02:37 PM)
I would wait a year for a full, great album than a so-so thrown together E.P.

Or, maybe the EP will have 6 great songs, as opposed to a full album with 6 great songs and 6 so-so songs. Hopefully.

Very true, but then there is the possibility 3 out of the 6 songs are meh . Now we only have 3 great songs wink.gif

I agree, the ratio of 1022.gif to doh.gif is likely to stay the same regardless of the number of songs released.

QUOTE (tangy @ Dec 3 2009, 03:23 PM)

Or, maybe the EP will have 6 great songs, as opposed to a full album with 6 great songs and 6 so-so songs. Hopefully.

Very true, but then there is the possibility 3 out of the 6 songs are meh . Now we only have 3 great songs wink.gif

I agree, the ratio of 1022.gif to doh.gif is likely to stay the same regardless of the number of songs released.

I have a good feeling about this one though! I think we'll see 15 percent less Dog Years!

Seriously I think with the touring taxing Geddy's voice more than anything else they'll be planning as many instrumental tracks on the album and tour as ever before!

Don't care if it's EP or a full album. I really don't, as long as it's the usual Rush quality.

A tour, now. . . bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Dec 3 2009, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Dec 3 2009, 03:23 PM)

I have a good feeling about this one though! I think we'll see 15 percent less Dog Years!

tongue.gif

There's no way they'd have an album out by summer the way they work now. The past 2 albums required a year and a half, not half a year, start to finish. Read Neil's last blog entry and the possibility of throwing together a few songs to release digitally and have something to tour behind makes sense.

Also, 2 months in the studio with a time crunch could produce something interesting - like the old days - rather than this write by email, take 3 months off approach that they've been using lately.

...not to mention that a break and then tour rehearsals would be required too. If they were to tour starting June, for instance, they'd rehearse for almost 2 months before that and clearly want a break before that - so whatever album work they do will need to be done by March or so.

I'm most excited about a tour. Although I loved the instrumentals off of S&A, I was most looking forward to the tour rather than the album.

Also, how about an EP with 1 35 minute song??? Get that puppy nailed down and hit the road. Also, we'd only have 1 song off the 'new album' in the setlist. That leaves plenty of room for the rare 'b-side' type tunes that we've never heard or haven't heard in forever.

Has it crossed anyone's mind that maybe Ged just said that so these so -called "fans" would leave him alone. Can you imagine if he said " I have no idea if and when we are getting back together" He would get a 100 questions fired at him

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 04:05 PM)
Has it crossed anyone's mind that maybe Ged just said that so these so -called "fans" would leave him alone. Can you imagine if he said " I have no idea if and when we are getting back together" He would get a 100 questions fired at him

so Geddy lied?

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Dec 3 2009, 04:07 PM)
Has it crossed anyone's mind that maybe Ged just said that so these so -called "fans" would leave him alone. Can you imagine if he said " I have no idea if and when we are getting back together"  He would get a 100 questions fired at him

so Geddy lied?

Geddy doesn't lie - Pinocchio owes him is soul and takes the fall when necessary.

Has it crossed anyone's mind that maybe Ged just said that so these so -called "fans" would leave him alone. Can you imagine if he said " I have no idea if and when we are getting back together"  He would get a 100 questions fired at him

so Geddy lied?

I am not saying he lied . Do you have any idea how many times "famous" people will say something to get out of a situation . I would never say he lied but, you never know what was going on around him.

Nobody's talking about whether the record is already written or not. It is quite possible that the majority of the material is already together and all they have to do is refine it and record it. Then they could theoretically have a full length album out by summer. Maybe they have been writing all along. It doesn't take long for Neil to come up with his parts. Who hopes Nick R. produces like I do? I think Nick will try and get even MORE of a classic Rush sound on the next one:)

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 04:18 PM)

so Geddy lied?

I am not saying he lied . Do you have any idea how many times "famous" people will say something to get out of a situation . I would never say he lied but, you never know what was going on around him.

This is true. Whenever i hear reports from " fans" , im cautious.

QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 3 2009, 04:18 PM)
This is great news. 653.gif Hopefully they will tour soon after the album. That way I can hook up with my good friends here!! 1022.gif trink39.gif

You got it brother

trink39.gif

This is great news. 653.gif Hopefully they will tour soon after the album. That way I can hook up with my good friends here!! 1022.gif trink39.gif

You need a waterfront venue where you can fish and hear Rush play live from your boat both at the same time.

Or have you done this before?

My fantasies are simpler to make happen. I can get tickled by Gillian Anderson, drink a bottle of ketchup and watch Rush live right in the stands.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 12:22 PM)
This is great news. 653.gif  Hopefully they will tour soon after the album. That way I can hook up with my good friends here!! 1022.gif  trink39.gif

You got it brother

trink39.gif

See you at the Exxon!! laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Dec 3 2009, 12:22 PM)
This is great news. 653.gif  Hopefully they will tour soon after the album. That way I can hook up with my good friends here!! 1022.gif  trink39.gif

You need a waterfront venue where you can fish and hear Rush play live from your boat both at the same time.

Or have you done this before?

My fantasies are simpler to make happen. I can get tickled by Gillian Anderson, drink a bottle of ketchup and watch Rush live right in the stands.

laugh.gif I am not much of a boat person. Plus, If 2.gif were playing live. The fishing would have to take a back seat! tongue.gif

Archived