Geddy says "in the studio soon"

MainMonkey

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 3 2009, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 3 2009, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 3 2009, 03:50 PM)
ohmy.gif  There goes my wedding money... laugh.gif

why not have the ceremony at the front of Saratoga..or wherever they play near you?

now THAT my dear is a sig pic!

Totally. We could get married in the day, have the reception via the Rush show in my wedding gown, veil, bouquet -- AND license plate in hand yes.gif

EDIT: Someone photoshop a veil into my sig photo! rofl3.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF_Graphics/meonrushdotcom-1-1-3.jpg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 3 2009, 05:44 PM)

why not have the ceremony at the front of Saratoga..or wherever they play near you?

Totally. We could get married in the day, have the reception via the Rush show in my wedding gown, veil, bouquet -- AND license plate in hand yes.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF_Graphics/meonrushdotcom-1-1-3.jpg

laugh.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 3 2009, 09:44 PM)

rofl3.gif priceless! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 3 2009, 10:06 PM)

well well well GMTA BABY you knew I was thinking reception at the show and hey you guys might well get a moment on stage even....

OR

redo vows onstage with Geddy as your best man.. laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 3 2009, 09:44 PM)

Nice job! z7shysterical.gif

I'd love it if this is when they finally decided to do another theme album, ala 2112 or Hemispheres. That would give them a chance to only have a 5 or 6 song album if they wanted to, just like 2112 and Hemis, but still make it a good one, with some long songs and an instrumental or two. 1022.gif I'm hoping! cool.gif

I'm sticking with my original guess of early 2011 for a tour after a late 2010 release. Just seems a bit rushed to get in the studio right after the holis, release it, AND go out on tour all within 6 months. They just haven't followed that formula for a long time and I don't think they'd go back to that.

An EP would be doable though. Anyways, just like everyone else here, I'll buy any new studio material they release

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Dec 3 2009, 11:18 AM)
I speculate that they are going to make a full album and not an 'EP'.

I hope you are right but from what I have heard they are not getting Atlantic Records up front money for the new record so they are going to record one song. MP3 and DOWNLOAD only.

If that's true, FUKK RUSH!

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Dec 4 2009, 01:05 AM)
'I speculate' if they release and EP or a full album and tour behind it, a live CD and DVD will be sure to follow. wink.gif

Don't they have enough live CD's and DVD's already. I love them, but if they do them every tour they lost their specialness.

I would bet on a full album. 2.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 04:05 PM)
Has it crossed anyone's mind that maybe Ged just said that so these so -called "fans" would leave him alone. Can you imagine if he said " I have no idea if and when we are getting back together" He would get a 100 questions fired at him

This is exactly why I am not quite so excited; rather, I am cautious.

Now.....when Atlantic starts announcing release dates, THEN I will get excited!!!!

QUOTE (Score Out @ Dec 3 2009, 06:33 PM)
I think what you're probably going to see - as Neil alluded to in his blog - is like 6-8 weeks in the studio where they write and record a few songs and release whatever the result of those sessions are. Could be an EP or just a few songs released 1-by-1 on itunes, on their website etc. This gives them some material to tour with. But I think they know the economics combined with their age don't add up to taking a year and a half to record a full album at this point. This way they bang out a few songs and have something new for the road but they can get right to touring by middle of the year.

I would HATE to see the iTunes thing....I want my CD, complete with artwork, liner notes, etc.

I am very curious to see what comes of all of this, but I am DELIGHTED to at least hear that they WANT to continue together.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 3 2009, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 02:37 PM)
I would wait a year for a full, great album than a so-so thrown together E.P.

Or, maybe the EP will have 6 great songs, as opposed to a full album with 6 great songs and 6 so-so songs. Hopefully.

EDIT: MH just said the same thing as I was typing this. tongue.gif

Agreed. I think at this point I would prefer an EP. I only like 4 songs off of S&A, 5 off of VT, none on T4E.

I kind of like the idea of them working real hard on 5 or so songs, make them epic, then just dump the rest of the filler crap. That would work just fine for me.

Maybe even go a little nuts and make one of those songs 10 mins long or so. This way you just put all that effort into a smaller amount of songs, making them all better than anything we've gotten out of them in a long time. And it would make their record company very happy. Win-win.

I dont buy CD's anymore anyway. I havent purchased one in probably over 3 years. I just go on itunes, buy an album, make a playlist and only put the songs I actually like in it. So as far as my ipod goes S&A is a 4 song album.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 4 2009, 03:05 AM)

I hope you are right but from what I have heard they are not getting Atlantic Records up front money for the new record so they are going to record one song. MP3 and DOWNLOAD only.

Source on this? I know it's been tossed out there before, but I haven't seen any allusion to that by any band members.

If that's the case, then it's going to be the first Rush release I don't have. I do not own an MP3 player (my husband does, though). I don't want one either, at least not until it's a better system for playback in the car.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 4 2009, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 04:05 PM)
Has it crossed anyone's mind that maybe Ged just said that so these so -called "fans" would leave him alone. Can you imagine if he said " I have no idea if and when we are getting back together"  He would get a 100 questions fired at him

This is exactly why I am not quite so excited; rather, I am cautious.

Now.....when Atlantic starts announcing release dates, THEN I will get excited!!!!

C'mon... I'm as pessimistic as anyone but nature but that's silly. First, When has Geddy ever made such strong comments like that in the past or been known as someone who misleads fans with his comments. I've never heard such an instance of him running off at the mouth with false info to fans. It's rare for him to be that forthcoming with information. If he didn't have a formal plan yet, a simple "pretty soon I think" or "we're getting close" would have more than sufficed rather than the specific info he disclosed about both recording and touring. Second, all of this coincides with Neil's blog entry last month regarding a November meeting to plan the next steps and the possibility of a tour and/or recording a few songs.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 4 2009, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 4 2009, 03:05 AM)

Source on this? I know it's been tossed out there before, but I haven't seen any allusion to that by any band members.

If that's the case, then it's going to be the first Rush release I don't have. I do not own an MP3 player (my husband does, though). I don't want one either, at least not until it's a better system for playback in the car.

Did you read Neil's latest blog story on his site? He talks about how the industry is changing, how record companies are hesistant to pay for the development of a full album, especially for a band barely able to sell 500k copies, and its all because of itunes.

After that he says if they want to make a full album they will have to pay for it themselves, and it costs millions to do. So he talks about an EP being a realistic option. It makes sense, they might not like it, and you might not either, but thats the way it is now, lots of bands are doing it more and more.

I really think that if Rush were able to at least go platinum with an album it might be worth it to Atlantic to pay for a full album, but Rush hasnt had that ability in decades, and its a business, so to them it doesnt make sense anymore.

If people are only going to care about 4 or 5 songs on an album, why spend so much money to get the others made? Thats how they see it, and its at least comforting to know Neil is willing to find a way around that, by doing an EP. They could easily just quit and not want to deal with it at all, but they're being flexible, its better for us to get something rather than nothing at all.

Archived