Geddy says "in the studio soon"

MainMonkey

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 7 2009, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE (Spindrift82 @ Dec 7 2009, 05:44 PM)
I don't get how people say Snakes & Arrows was a bad album. It's their most solid album since Hold Your Fire or Presto, that's since 1989!

I know people say "don't diss Counterparts," but to me it was a weak album. Rush have had uneven albums since the early 90s, Snakes & Arrows was the first Rush album since then that wasn't uneven, and had a great flow.

If they put out an album just as good as S&A, I will be a very happy Rush fan!  wink.gif

Actually I think their only quality albums since HYF have been CP & S&A - the others have been sporadic at best...

Yup...definitely the two best since HYF. That's for sure. trink39.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Dec 10 2009, 06:50 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 10 2009, 08:27 AM)
Still, from 1974-1987, they only made 4 tracks I didn't like.

Hey Goobs,

Just out of curiousity, what are the 4 tracks?

I Think I'm Going Bald, The Necromancer (narration kills it for me), Tai Shan and High Water.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 10 2009, 09:03 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Dec 10 2009, 06:50 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 10 2009, 08:27 AM)
Still, from 1974-1987, they only made 4 tracks I didn't like.

Hey Goobs,

Just out of curiousity, what are the 4 tracks?

I Think I'm Going Bald, The Necromancer (narration kills it for me), Tai Shan and High Water.

Dude I totally called the Tai Shan / High Water combo!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 9 2009, 11:51 PM)
You'd actually rather them have cheap filler than shorter quality albums?

Absolutely, I would rather have these songs than not have them! yes.gif

I think many fans have personal favorites among these "filler" songs. Many here would consider Everyday Glory to be filler, but I think it's one of the best on CP. I also think Color of Right is a sleeper track on TFE.

I do agree that ONE song should probably not have been released: Dog Years. They should have recycled that first heavy guitar riff into some other track.

But I'm glad that Rush is making these decisions and not TRF members. yes.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Dec 10 2009, 01:38 PM)

I'm glad that Rush is making these decisions and not TRF members. yes.gif

Yeah, because Rush would listen to what we have to say . Would be nice if they listened but.............

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Dec 10 2009, 11:38 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 9 2009, 11:51 PM)
You'd actually rather them have cheap filler than shorter quality albums?

Absolutely, I would rather have these songs than not have them! yes.gif

I think many fans have personal favorites among these "filler" songs. Many here would consider Everyday Glory to be filler, but I think it's one of the best on CP. I also think Color of Right is a sleeper track on TFE.

I do agree that ONE song should probably not have been released: Dog Years. They should have recycled that first heavy guitar riff into some other track.

But I'm glad that Rush is making these decisions and not TRF members. yes.gif

What I was saying before is if they just make higher quality material less people will complain, but of course it's very subjective always. You really don't hear a lot of people saying Moving Pictures or Permanent Waves is substandard or filled with filler though. I personally would rather they didn't release a LOT of songs of theirs. Anyway, we'll agree to disagree. trink39.gif

Archived