1. 1. Which do you prefer

• Hold Your Fire
    • Roll The Bones
    • I like them both equally
    • I don't like either of them
    • I have not heard Hold Your Fire
    • I have not heard Roll The Bones
    • I have not heard either of them

As much as I like Roll the Bones, the nod goes to Hold Your Fire.

I think they both suck. Sorry, but i do

I have to admit that I find myself listening to Hold Your Fire more then Roll the Bones. RB was really trashed by critics when it came out and it does seem like an ordinary record for what rush is accustomed to. The songs feel like they are being 2.gif ed through. In fact, they all sound like the band's last songs on other albums. HYF, on the other hand, gives you less different sounds. (except for Tai Shan) Boy, I sound like a rush hater. I better stop. Let me just say both records are worth having in your collection over any two released by other bands. Whew, that puts me back in good graces I hope.

Hold Your Fire definitely. It's my fave album and tour. Roll the Bones is a good album though, but it does have the rap afterall which brings it down a few notches on my list of faves.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Nov 12 2009, 07:08 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 12 2009, 08:14 PM)

Don't you think suck is a strong word?

What if Al and Ged sign on to read this?

They are grown men, I am sure they can handle it. They have up to this point!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (vital signz @ Nov 13 2009, 03:08 AM)

I couldn't give a shit.......

Hey Geddy and Al, how do you feel about the fact that you have been on a downward spiral musically for twenty years?...hmmm?....

Back on topic....HYF is great apart from the last two songs (which was considerate of them as it's easier to skip them yes.gif )

RTB is just awful, plain and simple. It's not even fit to be a coaster on my coffee table. no.gif

Hold Your Fire by a long shot. Tons of great songs on it and better lyrics too overall I think. Roll The Bones still takes some getting used to although I think You Bet Your Life is highly underrated. A great album still.

Interesting how both albums seem to have almost have a concept about each of them.

This one was easy for me although I appear to, once again, be in the minority. I went with Roll The Bones. I enjoy HYF, but RTB is a superior album to me both musically and spiritually. And it has "Bravado" which is one of their greatest songs, so that would tip the scales in most match-offs as far as I'm concerned.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Nov 12 2009, 10:08 PM)

Like that will ever happen

Two of my least favorite Rush albums, but HYF gets my vote for being better. RTB is solid, but there isn't really any 'great' songs. HYF has 3 of my least favorite songs, but Prime Mover, Time Stand Still, Turn The Page and Mission are killer.

Archived