Your Top Ten Most Amazing Concerts

Steevo

Please provide the tour, year, venues and seating/standing positions if remembered laugh.gif

INPO of course biggrin.gif

- Metallica: Justice tour, 1989. Hall - Stalls - Front row/centre-right.

- Motorhead: 1916 tour, 1991. Hall - Stalls/towards back.

- Morrissey: Stopgap tour only, 2002. Hall - Balcony seating/halfway back.

- Roger Waters: Dark Side tour, 2007. Stadium seating - Centre left/row C.

- Natalie Merchant: Motherland tour, 2002. Hall - seating, centre-right, 5 rows back.

- Tori Amos: Little Earthquakes tour,1992. Hall - Balcony seating/halfway back.

- The Cure: The Cure/Hits tour, 2007. Arena - Front row/centre-left.

- Tool: Lateralus tour, 2001. Hall - Way near the back on seating.

- Ray Davies: Storyteller tour, 1996. Hall - Central seating, few rows back.

- Radiohead: OK Computer tour, 1998. Hall - 10 rows back approx, centre-left.

Ahhhh, good memories these babies wub.gif

(All shows played in Auckland but the Australian Moz one). I'm not one for stadium shows, prefer clubs/halls, and as the audiences dwindle here I'm usually pretty lucky on that score trink38.gif

In the order they come to mind (non-Rush only):

*Nine Inch Nails - 9/2/09 Hollywood Palladium (4th-to-last NIN show ever, played The Downward Spiral in full)

*Radiohead - 8/20/08 White River Amphitheater

*Arcade Fire - 5/27/07 Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

*The Roots - 2/5/07 Crystal Ballroom

*Neil Young - 10/22/07 Keller Auditorium

*The Police/Elvis Costello - 7/11/08 Clark County Amphitheater

*Leonard Cohen - 4/17/09 Coachella Festival

*The Decemberists - 5/21/09 McDonald Theater

*Justin Timberlake - 9/7/07 Rose Garden

*Aerosmith/Cheap Trick - 5/24/04 Clark County Amphitheater

Many many more. Those are just the first ones I thought of.

Rush, Snakes and Arrows tour (first year), Saratoga, NY. I got to meet the band, and I somehow managed to shut off my brain for the duration of the concert and really enjoy myself instead of being so damned analytical.

Rush, Counterparts tour, Albany, NY. Second row.

Rush, Vapor Trails tour, Hartford, CT. Opening night of tour, after long hiatus.

Rush, Power Windows tour, Springfield, MA. Second ever Rush show.

Rush, Grace Under Pressure tour, Glens Falls, NY. First ever concert.

Living Colour, Time's Up tour, Troy, NY. Venue was nearly empty, so we went right up front. They rock!

Mr. Big, Lean Into It tour (headlining leg), Latham, NY. Smaller venue, front row, before "To Be With You" became a huge success.

The Psychedelic Furs, Midnight to Midnight tour, Saratoga, NY. I know this one sounds crazy, but it was an AWESOME show, and they give Rush a run for their money in the lighting and effects department.

Yes, Magnification tour, Saratoga, NY. The band played the top vote-getting songs according to their fans.

RushCon I, tribute band show, Toronto, ON. The first RushCon, with three tribute bands playing songs that Rush themselves don't play anymore... and playing them WELL. Long night.

RUSH, R30 tour, Milano, middle of the venue (no seats).

Definitely the greatest concert ever.

JETHRO TULL, Crest of a Knave tour, Milano. Left wing of the venue, seated.

My first JT concert, brilliant.

PORCUPINE TREE, Deadwing tour, Trezzo, small club

I went to see them just based on the buzz. Hadn't heard a single song. Blown away.

MOLOTOV, first album tour, Milano, small club

Another revelation. Live they were so brilliant and funny. Saw them many times more.

OPETH, Blackwater Park tour, Milano, small club

I had just bought BP and went to see them. Amazing. And Michael's stage presence is something unique.

THE GATHERING, semi-acoustic tour, Milano, small club

I had been itching to see the Gathering for a long time, this was a blast.

IDAN RACHIEL PROJECT, Lugano, open air

A musician from Tel Aviv, with a great band from all over the world. Youtube him.

G3 - VAI, SATRIANI, FRIPP, Milano. Left wing.

Just to see the nerdboys going crazy over Fripp's soundscapes. Robert's guitar was lower than the other two guys during Red.

TORI AMOS, Boys for Pele tour, Milano, Teatro Smeraldo

Her best album, her best tour.

THE PENTANGLE, 1998, Bergamo, open air

First concert they played together after 15 years. Without Jacqui McShee but amazing nonetheless.

Neil Young & Booker T & The MG's, Pearl Jam - Slane Castle - 1993 - summers day, beer, friends, Eddie Vedder singing Baba O'Riley

Yes - The National Concert Hall - 1999 - their first Irish show in 30 years

Mozaik - Church of Ireland Westport - 2005 - a religious experience

Status Quo - Portlaoise - 2009 - sweaty, loud, get in there!

Genesis - Leipzig - 2007 - drunk as a skunk witnessing how stadium rock shoud be done

Marillion - Manchester Academy - 2008 - loudest audience ever

Van Der Graaf Generator - Liverpool Philharmonic - 2007 - surreal and wonderful and emotional

Roger Waters (& Nick Mason)- Marquee Cork - 2006 - power failure, Nick Mason, Dark Side of the Moon

Jon Anderson/Rick Wakeman - Sheffield - 2007 - camemberesque in its cheesiness but uplifting. And met them both afterwards

King's X - Wolverhampton - 2009 - the first time I'd gone to a gig as a newbie in a long time, wow, I was blown away, and such a damn fine bunch of fellas.

Rush -- New World Tour -- MSG 1982 (5th row in front of alex)

Rush -- Grace Warm Up --- Radion City 1983 (10th row center)

Van Halen -- 1984 tour -- Meadowlands 1984 (6th row left side)

Kiss -- Animalize tour -- Meadowlands 1984 (8th row center)

Anderson Bruford Wakeman and Howe -- NJ 1989 (20th row in front of Steve)

Paul Westerberg -- Eventually tour -- DC 1996 (GA)

Iron Maiden -- Gimme Ed till Im Dead -- MD 2005 (1st row left)

Metallica -- Death Magnetic tour -- Newark, NJ 2008 (mezzanine)

Queensryche -- Greatest hits/Mindcrime -- Beacon Theater NY 2006 (balcony level)

Grateful Dead -- Giants Stadium 1989 (middle bowl)

- Rush Snakes, and Arrows Tour (Leg 2)- St.Louis Missouri

- Porcupine Tree, FOABP tour (Leg 2) - Nashville Tennessee

- Yes, Open Your Eyes Tour, Aug 1998 Nashville Tennessee (My first Ever Concert)

- Dream Theater, ProgNation 2009 Atlanta Ga

- Rush, Snakes and Arrows (Leg 1), Atlanta Ga (Opening Night of the tour)

- Yes, In the Present tour, Nashville Tennessee (Ryman Auditorium), Dec 2008

- Rush, R30, Nashville Tennessee (Opening Night of the Tour, and my first ever rush concert)

- Alice Cooper, Nashville Tennessee (Ryman Auditorium) Sept. 2006

Most of the concerts I've been to were in the 80's.

Outside of Rush, the ones that stand out in memory particularly were (all in New Haven, CT at the New Haven Colisseum):

Van Halen - 1983 (Diver Down tour) - a minblowingly amazing concert and definitely the loudest concert I've ever seen

Judas Priest - 1982/1983 (Screaming for Vengeance tour) with Iron Maiden opening (Number of the Beast) - amazing

Ozzy Ozbourne - 1982 (don't remember which tour - one of the his first two solo albums) - mostly memorable since it was my first concert

there were other really enjoyable ones, but those were the highlights outside of Rush...

I don't even think I've seen ten concerts, so here's my top five.

Rush - Sunday, July 20, 2008 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, North Carolina

It's the most recent Rush show I've seen, definitely memorable. Hadn't had anything to eat since about noon, so I had to lean against the rail at the edge of the lawn during Neil's solo to rest. laugh.gif Probably the second-craziest I've ever been at a concert. First would be...

Green Day/Kaiser Chiefs - Saturday, August 1, 2009 - The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Atlanta, Georgia

The newest concert I've seen, easily the craziest I've ever been to. I pretty much jumped up and down and banged my head for two and a half hours solid - all on a large Coke. biggrin.gif I found it more fun than Rush (sorry ph34r.gif ), but I'd honestly tie it with the above show as favorite overall concert. If they tour next year, I'm going - and hopefully, this time I'll bring some friends!

Rush - Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - HiFi Buys Amphitheatre, Atlanta, Georgia

My first Rush concert, and my first big concert. I don't remember every bit of it but I remember enough of it. Thanks to the late thornybrush I got a boot video, and I also downloaded the audio of the show, to keep that memory fresh.

The Charlie Daniels Band - Tuesday, October 9, 2007 - Aiken Convocation Center, Aiken, South Carolina

This is what I love about Aiken: I don't have to go to Atlanta or Charlotte to see a band! laugh.gif It was an excellent show, very similar to the one he did in downtown Augusta in 2005, but I remember more. His band pulled a YYZ: they did an instrumental number, then a drum solo, and back to the song! Incredible show.

Kenny Rogers - Saturday, May 5, 2007 - Aiken Convocation Center, Aiken, South Carolina

Though I'm not a particularly huge fan of the gambler, I do dig country music, so I figured I'd enjoy a concert by a legend! I had seats that were maybe 20 feet from the stage, off to the left. Probably the "quietest" concert I've been to. If I got tickets to see him again, I'd go in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 18 2009, 12:20 PM)

Outside of Rush, the ones that stand out in memory particularly were (all in New Haven, CT at the New Haven Colisseum):

Van Halen - 1983 (Diver Down tour) - a minblowingly amazing concert and definitely the loudest concert I've ever seen

Judas Priest - 1982/1983 (Screaming for Vengeance tour) with Iron Maiden opening (Number of the Beast) - amazing

Ozzy Ozbourne - 1982 (don't remember which tour - one of the his first two solo albums) - mostly memorable since it was my first concert

there were other really enjoyable ones, but those were the highlights outside of Rush...

Goob's most memorable concerts were all METAL shows???? ohmy.gif

In no particular order:

Motley Crue/July 1987/Civic Arena Pittsburgh/First Concert Ever

Rod Stewart/June 1989/Memorial Auditorium Buffalo/ 10th row floor, we scalped these tickets, what a bargin

Rush/November 1987/Memorial Auditorium Buffalo/First Rush Show/The ticket stub says "Upper Blue" we were a looooong way from the stage

Page-Plant/March 1995/Civic Arena Pittsburgh/Not even the guy behind me peeing on the floor ruined this experience

Alice Cooper w/Ace Frehley/November 1987/Erie Civic Center/10the row floor/hopped up on grape MadDog

G-n-R, Metallica and Faith No More/3 Rivers Stadium/only $27.50 for this great triple bill

Jimmy Buffett/July 1998/Starlake Amphitheatre/rented a bus, took the gas grill, all day drink a thon

Rush/July 2008/Hershey Park/16th row Alex's side/it was so hot & muggy that day I don't know how they did it

Shaw/Blades/November 2007/Rex Theatre/Tiny Venue and Acoustic show

Pink Floyd/date unknown/Division Bell/3 Rivers Stadium/Even in that stadium with horrible acoustics they were fabulous and LOUD

Honorable Mention- Approx 5 Styx shows and a couple of Damn Yankee shows

Best show I had tickets for that I never saw - Jimmy Page & the Black Crowes/Atlanta/I skipped the Pittsburgh show cause I wanted to see it in Black Crowes hometown - Pagey hurt his back sometime between Pgh and Atlanta and the rest of the tour was cancelled. Sadness.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 18 2009, 04:11 AM)
Please provide the tour, year, venues and seating/standing positions if remembered laugh.gif 

Apart from first concert I am going to mention, I have always been standing right at the front of the stage biggrin.gif

PINK FLOYD

1980 The Wall Tour, Earls Court, London.

Had seats about 10 rows from the stage - absolutely magnificent performance from Floyd. Considering it was such a looooong time ago,theshow they put on was totally spectacular, from the lights show, planes flying up and down the hall to the gigantic puppets etc, it was stunning. The Wall is my 2nd fav Floyd album so to hear and see it perfromed it its entirety was terrific. Highlight of the night was seeing Dave Gilmour sitting on top of the wall, was quite dark with just one spotlight on him, with tons of smoke swirling round about him, doing the solo of Comfortably Numb. Mesmerising doesn't even come anywhere near to describe the awesomeness of that sight biggrin.gif

ROBERT PLANT

Barrowlands, Glasgow -about 2 years ago.

Fantastic to finally see Plant. He did quite a lot of his solo stuff but slipped in about 7 Zep songs which was just fantastic. Great concert and I mentioned here before, the applause he got when he walked on that stage was deafening. Black Dog and Whole Lotta Love were highlights of the night. What a legend.

HEAVEN & HELL

Glasgow SECC - year and a half ago.

Can't remember who the support band was but we didnt want to see them so stayed in the pub and didnt think we would get near the front of the stage. But we did get to right of the front and was just amazing to be so near to the band. Dio's voice was stunning and the solo in the song Heaven & Hell went on for about 10 minutes, it was just awesome. I felt it was such a quick concertthough as it was over in about 1 hour 10minutes or so. Obviuiosly it was just all the Sabbath tracks they were doing but some wee guy behind us kept on shouting for Holy Diver which became a bit of a pain after he was shouting it was about half an hour - I think he ended up getting booted out!!!

SCORPIONS &JUDAS PRIEST

Glasgow SECC - about 2 years ago.

Been huge fan of the Scorps for yearsand for some reason never saw them live, so was excellent finally seeing them. They rocked hard but as they were only the support, they werent on for that long. I wasnt much of a Priest fan but they were amazing as well. Beyond The Realms of Death and Victim ofChanges mindblowing, 4 or 5 songs from Angel of Retriution were fantastic.

DEEP PURPLE & THIN LIZZY

Clyde Auditiorium,Glasgow - about 2 years ago.

Saw Ian Gillan Band a few times but first time seeing Purple. Magnificent performance and Gillan was in fine form, running onto the stage, barefooted, smiling and waving to everyone. they started with my fav Purple song Pictures of Home which was unbelievably loud and stunning. Lazy and When a Blindman Cries were just brilliant. Thin Lizzy supported them and they were really great, I was right at the front and the highlight of the Thin Lizzy set was when JohnSykes came right over to me and sang the first verse of the CowboySong right into my face - OMG I nearly passed out. But it gets better, halfway through Deep Purple's set,Ian Gillan comes right over to me and sings the chorus of Highway Star right into my face as well - I nearly passed out lol.

PAUL RODGERS

Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow - about 2 years ago.

Actually had 3rd row ticket but got to the concert just as Paul Rodgers was coming on stage, the steward was showing us to our seats and then said to me if I wanted to stand right at the front of the stage, that would be okay. So I stood right in front of Paul Rodgers the whole night - only about 3 feet away. He was AMAZING -definitely one of the best voices in rock, all the classic Free and Bad Companysongs - Fire & Water and the song Bad Company were the highlights and finished the show with Seagull, which was magic.. And it was getting filmed for a dvd - PaulRodgers Live in Glasgow - so if you see a girl right at the front in a white Angel Witch tshirt - that is me laugh.gif

Y & T

Glasgow Cathouse - 2 years ago.

Another band I've loved for years and finally got to see them in this small venue. Only about 200 folk there, was right att he front,and they were just AWESOME. Rescue Me and I Believe in You were so amazing they nearly brought a tear to my eye. Brilliant live band.

TWISTED SISTER and HANOI ROCKS

Glasgow Carling Academy - 3 years ago.

Went to this concert just to see the support band Hanoi Rocks, who were bloody superb. Michael Monroe is defintely one of the best frontmen I have ever seen - what a voice and had the whole audience captiviated. Climbing on top of the PA stack and singing from it was hilarious. Don't You Ever Leave Me Baby, was another song that was jawdroppingloy awesome it nearly brought a tear to my eye. Twisted Sister were geat fun and as loud as well - probably the loudest band I've seen.

BUDGIE

Renfrew Ferry,Glasgow - about 4 years ago.

Seen the mighty Budgie loads of times but the last time at The Ferry, they were just on fire. Absolutely amazing and again only a small venue with only about 200 folk there. Panzer Division Destroyed,Guts and Napoelon Bonaparte totally blew me away. Really hope I can get one more chance to see this magnificent band live one more time. Why they never made it massive is a complete mystery.

SAXON & BLITZKRIEG

RenfrewFerry,Glasgow - about 4 years ago,.

Seen Saxon about 12 times but the best perforamnce was again at the Ferry with NWOBHM legends Blitzkrieg supporting them. Both bands were absolutely cracking and rocked that Ferry insane. Highlight of the evening was when Blitzkrieg finished and their singer Brian Ross (what a legend) came over to me took my hand and kissed the back of it. WOW.

DIAMOND HEAD

Bungalow Bar,Paisley, early 80s.

First time seeing Diamond Head down in the local pub about a mile from my house. I'd heard Shoot out the Lights on the jukebox and loved that song and couldnt believe they were playing at this tiny pub. Only about 80 folk there and that was one of my fav gigs of all time. I can still remember so clearly seeing Sean Harris perform Sucking My Love on stage and it was really was orgasmic lol. One of my pals got up on stage and made a total arse of himself, but it was sooo funny. Brilliant night. The last time I saw Diamond Head was about a year ago, new singer now, but still terrific band. Near the end of the concert, the singer says "This song's for you Princess" and then sings Play It Loud. I lurve my Diamond Head biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu Princess @ Sep 19 2009, 11:32 AM)

BUDGIE
Renfrew Ferry,Glasgow - about 4 years ago.

Seen the mighty Budgie loads of times but the last time at The Ferry, they were just on fire. Absolutely amazing and again only a small venue with only about 200 folk there. Panzer Division Destroyed,Guts and Napoelon Bonaparte totally blew me away. Really hope I can get one more chance to see this magnificent band live one more time. Why they never made it massive is a complete mystery.

You're right, it's barmy. They shoulda been huge.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 18 2009, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 18 2009, 12:20 PM)

Judas Priest  - 1982/1983 (Screaming for Vengeance tour) with Iron Maiden opening (Number of the Beast) - amazing

Goob's most memorable concerts were all METAL shows???? ohmy.gif

Back in my pre-teen and early to mid-teen years hard rock and heavy metal was mostly what I listened to (starting with Kiss when I was 6 or 7). It wasn't until about age 16 that I started hanging around with more hippie-like people and got introduced to 60's music.

It wasn't too long before I abandoned my heavy metal roots to a large extent and got heavily into more mind-expanding music. Three or four years later I started getting into 70's prog and it went from there. I started heavily researching and collecting music mostly from the 65-78 era, with a few bouts into more contemporary genres like shoegaze, ambient, trip-hop, etc.

Mostly though, the groups I really got into were either gone or way past their prime by the time I was enjoying their music, and I have very, very rarely gone to a concert since the 80's...

Actually let me add one more I forgot about:

HOT TUNA - around 1990 - New York Open Center in NYC:

Hot Tuna were made up of Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady - the guitar and bass players from Hot Tuna. The show was billed as a solo Jorma show, but since Jack was there, it was essentially Hot Tuna. They played acoustic guitar and bass and they were awesome!

And oh yeah, it was in a TINY room (not even designed for concerts) that held MAYBE 200 people, all seated, and with the lights on - more a coffee house setting than a concert setting - no frills at all, just music. I was maybe 10 feet away from them tops, and I got an album signed! smile.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 19 2009, 02:05 PM)

You're right, it's barmy. They shoulda been huge.

Without a doubt, Budgie are the most underrated band in history. I saw them quite a few times as the support band and they were always a helluva lot better than the main band. Even at Reading Festival in 1980, they were one of the best bands of the entire weekend. They rocked Reading to the core - I really don't know why they never really made it huge. Put it this way, Def Leppard were also at Reading Festival that year and they were that appalling, they ended up getting canned right off the stage - and look where they ended up. Very strange!!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 19 2009, 08:22 AM)
Hot Tuna were made up of Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady - the guitar and bass players from Hot Tuna.

Hot Tuna are made up of the guitar and bass players from Hot Tuna? laugh.gif

I think you wanted to explain that Jorma and Jack were originally from Jefferson Airplane, and later formed Hot Tuna together.

My brother goes to see them everytime they come remotely close to our area. He's got a T-shirt that says, "If you don't know Jorma, you don't know Jack." laugh.gif

In no order and non-Rush:

- Radiohead: 2006 - Hummingbird Centre, Toronto, ON

- Radiohead: 2008 - Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH

- Wilco: 2009 - Artpark, Lewiston, NY

- Bruce Springsteen: 2009 - Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON

- U2: 2009 - Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON (This past Wednesday)

- The Decemberists: 2009 - Kool Haus, Toronto, ON

- Porcupine Tree: 2007 - House Of Blues, Cleveland, OH

- Porcupine Tree: 2007 - Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, ON

- Genesis: 2007 - BMO Field, Toronto, ON

- Roger Waters: 2007 - Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 19 2009, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 19 2009, 08:22 AM)
Hot Tuna were made up of Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady - the guitar and bass players from Hot Tuna.

Hot Tuna are made up of the guitar and bass players from Hot Tuna? laugh.gif

I think you wanted to explain that Jorma and Jack were originally from Jefferson Airplane, and later formed Hot Tuna together.

My brother goes to see them everytime they come remotely close to our area. He's got a T-shirt that says, "If you don't know Jorma, you don't know Jack." laugh.gif

yeah, oops - the guitar and bass player from Jefferson Airplane! oops.gif

Alright, here it goes. I'll try not to repeat any bands.

1. Muse - The Forum - 4/10/07

2. Rush - Hollywood Bowl - 7/23/07

3. Nine Inch Nails -The Forum - 9/6/08

4. Paul McCartney - Staples Center - 11/29/05

5. Depeche Mode - Hollywood Bowl - 8/17/09

6. Sigur Ros - The Greek - 10/3/08

7. Wilco - The Wiltern - 6/23/09

8. Porcupine Tree - The Avalon - 5/12/07

9. AC/DC - The Forum - 12/8/08

10. Green Day - The Forum - 8/25/09

Not including Rush shows and in no order:

Monsters Of Rock 1988 (VH, Scorpions, Dokken, Metallica) 3rd row center GA, KC MO.

Iron Maiden, Seventh Son Tour 1988, 2nd row center GA, Omaha NE.

Anthrax w/Exodus 1987, 2nd row center GA, Miami FL.

Metallica ...AJFA Tour '88, 3rd row right, KC MO.

KISS-Lost Cities Tour '97 St. Louis, lower tier front R, St. Louis MO.

Ozzy Osbourne--Ultimate Sin Tour '86, 1st row GA, Jake side, Omaha, NE.

New Titans On The Block '91 (Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Napalm Death and Sick Of It All) 2nd row center GA, Witchita KS.

Slayer Diabolus In Musica '98, front center balcony (got 4 Kerry King picks), Lawrence KS.

Lallapalooza '93 (?) (Chili Peppers, Ministry, Ice Cube, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam) all over the place & on acid

Extreme Steel '01 (Pantera, Slayer, Static-X, Morbid Angel) center back pit, KC MO.

Black Sabbath--Ozzfest '99. Mid center lower tier, Bonner Springs KS.

Pearl Jam--Yield Tour '98, front lawn center, St. Louis MO.

Van Halen '07. Cheap seats KC, MO.

Dream Theater - Chaos in Motion Tour - 8/18/2007

The best concert I've ever been to hands down. The crowd was fantastic, my seats were incredible and the setlist was killer. Best concert experience of my life.

Dream Theater - Progressive Nation 2009 - 8/14/2009

What a fantastic show. Great seats, and they played The Count of Tuscany AND The Camera Eye. Absolutely incredible!

Rush - R30 Tour - 8/22/2004

Best Rush show I've been too. The sound was fantastic and I had awesome seats...and I remember Neil dropping his stick 3 times during the set!!

Rush - T4E Tour - 7/2/1997

My first ever Rush concert. What a great night. I was 2nd row Alex's side, I remember him looking at me and smiling a few times!

Rush - S&A Tour - 7/9/2008

Best show I saw on the S&A Tour. Better than the 2 Air Canada Centre shows earlier in the tour. We were sitting in front of a guy who kept yelling 2112!!! And when they finally played it...he wanted to hear CLOSER TO THE HEARRRRRRRT!!

Kiss - Farewell Tour - 6/23/2000

The best Kiss show I've seen. Pretty good seats, but the crowd made the night. Didn't stop screaming once!

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas 2006 - 12/22/2006

My first time witnessing TSO. WOW! The best stage show I have ever seen, and because of this spur the moment ticket purchase...I've seen them twice a year since then! Great friggin' show!

Symphony X - Paradise Lost Tour - 4/11/2008

Oh man. The best concert of 2008. What a great night at The Opera House. Right in front of Michael Romeo. Russell Allen kept looking at me nodding giving me the horns and tried throwing me water bottles. Never seen the venue that packed before. Capacity is 800...but I'm telling you there was over 1000 people there for sure!

Stratovarius - Polaris Tour - 9/18/2009

3 days ago. Oh boy! Great setlist, great crowd reaction, great group of guys. Got to meet them after the show AND...I GOT TO HANG OUT IN THE TOUR BUS FOR A FEW MINS. WHILE TIMO SIGNED THIS HUGE POSTER OF THEIR NEW ALBUM!!! Great group of guys.

Iron Maiden - Caught Somewhere in Time Tour - 3/16/2008

Best Iron Maiden show I've been to. I had AWESOME SEATS!! 6th row on the side of the stage at the Air Canada Centre. Awesome crowd and 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' was filmed and put on the Flight 666 DVD!!

Archived