This Rush chapter comes to a close tonight

Cygnus The God Of Balance

Tonight will mark the end of the second leg of the Snakes & Arrows tour. The boys have given us an album, a live album and 113 concert dates since Spring 2007. Can't wait for the DVD this fall.

Enjoy your well deserved rest guys....just don't take too long of a break!

Personally I got to see them twice, introduce and include my girlfriend and my daughter in my passion for 2.gif, go to two meet & greets, get a pair of used Neil sticks and make some great new friends here on TRF.

It's been an awesome experience, and being a part of this community has made it that much more fun and enjoyable.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't thank the band enough. Two years of hard work for them translates to a whole ton of good times for us. I'm just sad it has to end for now.

But...

In true "what have you done for me lately" fashion...

Let's get crackin' on some new music guys! Chop chop!

We really have been spoiled. Personally, I've seen them 6 times since October, met some great people and been to some really great places.

Standout moments include:

Up front at Newcastle

Air-guitaring with Madra at Sheffield

THAT Manchester show, with Madra, Mandalorian Hunter, his family & my nephew

Exxonfest!

The lawn at the PNC

The parking lot at Jones Beach with Metaldad

The friendly folk I met in Hershey

How am I going to top that!!

Thank you TRF & 2.gif 1022.gif

It's been a great two years, although I could've been happier with the album. A studio album, two great shows (two of the best I've seen!), and a meet-and-greet for me. In the midst of all that, they received increased publicity (Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rolling Stone, Colbert Report) and donated time/money to a few noble charities. The guys rock!

Can't wait for another studio album; hopefully I'll like it more than S&A.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 24 2008, 10:56 AM)
We really have been spoiled. Personally, I've seen them 6 times since October, met some great people and been to some really great places.

Up front at Newcastle
Exxonfest!
The lawn at the PNC

Thank you TRF & 2.gif 1022.gif

goodpost.gif

Couldnt agree more, Hatchet. What a year it has been! 1022.gif

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jul 24 2008, 11:11 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 24 2008, 10:56 AM)

Up front at Newcastle
Exxonfest!
The lawn at the PNC

Thank you TRF &  2.gif  1022.gif

goodpost.gif

Couldnt agree more, Hatchet. What a year it has been! 1022.gif

Great Avatar,I bet she's a little hairier though,just looking at her face makes me want to vomit ,old vomit!!!

I better run to the airport now...!!!

I could still make the show in Indy with some luck and a bunch of money.

I'm bummed I only did one show this year...maybe I can hire them for a private show..?? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Congratulations to 2.gif for a great album, tour(s), memories and new friends I met here as a result of them.

It has been fun to follow the tour through the TRF memebers, read the reviews, here the stories and see the images.

Not only is 2.gif the greatest band in the world, but the fans the best as well.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 24 2008, 11:56 AM)
The lawn at the PNC

OMG, that's where I was (as close as I could get, towards the middle), and by sheer LUCK, too!! biggrin.gif

It was definitely a great show, I couldn't thank the fellas enough for it!!!

2.gif RULES!!

Yeah I guess it's time to say our fond farewells to this latest chapter of Rush's continued career. (No one here will make the mistake of saying this is a comeback.)

It's been an awesome 18 months or so, from word that Snakes & Arrows would be out in the spring to tonight's show with all the great, aforementioned public exposure to boot!

My wife, RockTheCradle, and I saw the 2007 opening show in Atlanta, where we met the likes of Jack Aubrey, GhostGirl (and Jack and GG's spouses), rushbass, cowtothesky (at least from waving distance) and several other TRFers. As I've mentioned previously, at that show, we paid tribute to a dear friend (and fellow Rush fan) and his family who passed away in June 2006 in automobile crash in Arizona. RockTheCradle and I attended the opening R30 show in Nashville, Tenn. in May 2004 with my friend and one of his friends. The day after the R30 show as the last time we saw them alive.

Then, in April of this year, I made my first trip to New Orleans post-Katrina with my 2.5-year-old daughter to see the band at the first bumped show of the second leg of the tour.

We had an awesome time and met FriendlyVoice and his wife, saw rushbass and cow again and met tupelobarchetta.

Thanks to Alex, Geddy and Neil for a memorable 18 months. I hope they get some well-deserved rest and that their creative work on a new album will start as soon as it possibly can, with the hope of another tour to start sometime in early to mid-2010.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I became a fan during this chapter, and I could hardly be happier about it. I feel like I hit a musical and social jackpot. Between last year and this year, I saw eight magical shows and hung out with dozens of wonderful people who last year at this time I would have been too shy to even say Hello to, much less to party with and let take my picture. Regardless of what happens in the future, I will always feel tremendously lucky to have been there this year. I salute 2.gif and the great 2.gif people for times that rank among the best ever in my life! yes.gif yes.gif wub.gif

(Oh, and I LOVE Snakes & Arrows, so NER and BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME to anyone who doesn't! laugh.gif wink.gif )

I hit the TRF jackpot, for certain. I love this board.

I am really looking forward to the boys' next release. Snakes is just awesome, IMO. I liked it when it first came out, and I've loved it more with each listen. It's in my top 5 for sure. If they continue their musical exploration along this vein things will only get better.

fists crying.gif about the tour ending. I've got the post-show blues myself. But they put it all out there for us and Geddy, Alex and Neil have earned themselves some serious vacation time!

I'm hoping there might be a new Neil book sometime during the hiatus. . .

BIG post time for me again, as this has been a monumental tour smilies-8579.png . But I'll get to that below.

I guess it was sometime in January of 2007, Rush.com released a 12-second snippet of the then-new song "Far Cry". This was the first brand-new Rush that I had heard since 2002, and I was excited!

Courtesy of RIAB, I found out that the song "Far Cry" was being released as a single on iTunes, so I made sure I had enough iTunes money to buy it, and on March 12, 2007 I bought this awesome song, and listened to it a bunch!

It was around this time that Rush announced tour dates, and the first date of the tour was in Atlanta, Georgia! My dad told me that I was old enough to go, so I said "YES!" and we bought tickets to that show once they were released.

Also around that time, my aunt (who lives in Florida) told me that she was curious if I'd like to come to the show in Tampa. I promptly said "YES!" to this as well, and prepared for 2 Rush shows! 1022.gif

We still had a month to kill until the new album came out, so I made sure that I would have the money for it, and on May 1, 2007, my grandmother picked me up from school and took me straight to Best Buy to buy the album! 1022.gif I played that album too much at my house, memorizing and learning the lyrics to these songs so I'd know them at the concert.

The day before my concert, my friend Jay called me and said that his dad, who works for a radio station, had 4 tickets to the show! doh.gif Anyway, he decided he'd like to come with us, so we added him to our "road trip people" list.

Finally, after a long time, June 13 rolled around - my first-ever Rush show! We got everyone and headed down the road, and several hours later I was on Cloud Nine, purely ecstatic from the concert. After the show, I declared myself a Rush geek, because I had seen a Rush show, knew the words to all the songs at the show, and had been a fan for almost 10 years!!

2 days later, my mom and grandparents took me down to Jacksoville, FLA. to get ready for THAT show as well! 1022.gif It was no Atlanta show - that is, no concert could replace my first, but it was a great show from the boys!

Fast-forward to this school year, I had been a Rush geek for months (and had a member of TRF for - say a month of two), and as soon as the tour ended there were rumors of a 2nd leg! I told my dad, and he said that if/when they toured, we would be going again. So as soon as these tour dates were announced, he decided that we should go to Charlotte this time. When the tickets were released, we bought them.

The new live album was also announced, and just like with the studio album, a single was being released - Workin' Them Angels. Just like with the Far Cry single, I got it the day it came out and I listened to it a lot!!

However, there was a major difference in terms of the setlist - being a much-better computer user and a member of TRF for a longer time, once it was released, I went to my iTunes and made a playlist of the songs - just to see what it would sound like. Needless to say, it did not cease to amaze me at all. A new leg, a new (meaning GREAT!!) setlist, and a new Tim - a Rush geek Tim - all in the time of a month.

Just like when we bought the studio album all those months before, we went straight from school, picked it up, and listened to it. Everyone was on top of their game for those two shows in Rotterdam, and I was massively pleased.

So fast-forward to July - passing around 1,000 of my own posts laugh.gif - to my 3rd Rush show, with a meet-up planned that just didn't work! (Sorry Taylor!) But the concert worked, as did our seats - right in front of the rail on the lawn, center-stage!

Now I will admit something - my first two shows were in the very beginning of the tour, where everyone has to get re-accustomed to playing in front of crowds and working with their voice - but this show, the boys were motherflipping phenomenal! I thought they sounded better at this show than on the live album, and that is saying something right there!

And, of course, the "publicity" that Rush got this tour. Being in Rolling Stone (and having Hell freeze over as a result tongue.gif ), the first TV appearance in 33 years on the Colbert Report, and their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame all seem to be somewhat bringing Rush back to the mainstream! I know it's not like Moving Pictures, or even any average celebrity/rockstar, but they're getting exposed on such a grand level, and I am just so proud of them!

So until then, fellow Rushians, stay strong, be nice, and prepare for the album "That's Bullshit!" and its world tour!! 1022.gif

-Xanadu93

Thanks, guys! Great album, great tour, great other album, great other tour. Can't wait for the DVD.

Next time around, I want another great album, two live ones, three legs of the tour, and at least two DVDs! It's the only way to top this go round!

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 24 2008, 03:40 PM)
I hit the TRF jackpot, for certain.  I love this board. 
I am really looking forward to the boys' next release.  Snakes is just awesome, IMO.  I liked it when it first came out, and I've loved it more with each listen.  It's in my top 5 for sure.  If they continue their musical exploration along this vein things will only get better.
fists crying.gif about the tour ending.  I've got the post-show blues myself.  But they put it all out there for us and Geddy, Alex and Neil have earned themselves some serious vacation time! 
I'm hoping there might be a new Neil book sometime during the hiatus. . .

very well said

I was fortunate enough to see the boys 5 times (to make my total count an even 30), during the S & A tour

,..and I'll be done with all the other books in time for a new one new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks 2.gif , caught my first opening night show in Atlanta, and 4 others in D.C,, Charlotte, Boston and back to the ATL once again. Met some of the best fans on earth at each show and had some damn memorable times! Tonight I'll have a glass of my Macallan as a toast to the special treat 2.gif has given us this time around. trink39.gif Salue guys, and a big THANK YOU!!

QUOTE (duntov1966 @ Jul 24 2008, 01:36 PM)
I guess I can post this now.. ph34r.gif dazed025.gif

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/CFNEU

2.gif is back on the same plane they started the tour on.

Enjoy the show to everybody lucky enough to make it tonight...
trink39.gif cool10.gif 1022.gif trink38.gif common001.gif

Damn, my dad's office is at PDK airport! He works in aircraft sales. . .

Speaking of, that Canadair Challenger is a $40 million jet. Niiiiice.

Got to see Rush in PA

Got up enough nerve to post on Forum three years after signing up.

Saw them on Colbert!

It's all good...

Many thanks to 2.gif bekloppt.gif and to this Forum!

Archived