This Rush chapter comes to a close tonight

Cygnus The God Of Balance

I would be remiss not to add that I've met a lot of cool people here at TRF since I've been an active member over the last 18 months or so and I hope to meet several more of our friends here in person one day!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Geddy, Alex & Neil,

A big THANKS to you and especially your crew for coming back, literally, to New Orleans.

"...this moment may be brief, but it can be so bright..."; I love Chain Lightning, and I knew it wouldn't be performed. Yet for those near 3 hours inside the Superdome's Baby, it may be only a brief amount of lifetime for all who were there; but it was amongst the brightest of our nights.

What a show it was! What a tour it has become! What a superb collection of new material!

Time was standing still for me on that Sunday night of April 20th; as well as a bunch of months earlier on that Tuesday night of August 14th in Houston.

Again to Geddy, Alex & Neil, and your crew, NOBODY DOES IT BETTER...NOBODY EVER WILL.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

QUOTE (skyswing @ Jul 24 2008, 08:19 PM)
I would be remiss not to add that I've met a lot of cool people here at TRF since I've been an active member over the last 18 months or so and I hope to meet several more of our friends here in person one day!

bekloppt.gif wub.gif trink39.gif

This thread makes me so sad...it's over! sad.gif It's also inspiring me to write a sappy post!

This has been some tour, starting all the way back last year. I saw them twice on the first leg, only once this leg.

I remember getting my ticket for Leg 1, in the presale, somewhere 20 rows back. But I kept looking in the presale and BAM -- hit 9th row for SPAC. I had THE best time at the show and felt really close 9 rows back. I honestly thought it was "my" show, the one that would never be topped. After all, I met some really cool (albeit non-TRF) people, and saw Neil ride right by me on his bike as I hung out at the crew's entrance gates. I saw Geddy and Alex drive by in town cars and even got to talk to their bus driver, Lashawn (or "L.A." as she introduced herself). AAAAmazing. I then saw them a couple days later at Darien Lake in pouring rain, but it was still a great time and another "notch" to add on my Rush Show's belt yes.gif

But then, this year...jackpot REALLY struck as I was listening to my local radio station in the morning. Solve the Rush riddle, call in and win front row. I might have made myself late for work that morning, but it was worth every minute of it. Damn, I remember letting out a extremely loud shriek in my room when I won laugh.gif I simply could not believe it, I mean, these are things one thinks about in their head as they daydream, not reality. When show date arrived, it was so surreal. I got to share my experience with one of the awesomest and loyal fans on this board, Different Strings and be right in front of Geddy all night long. I wound up on rush.com because of my LUVGEDDY license plates and got signed stuff back from the boys a week later from the venue. No...THIS was my show, by far.

I remember way back when Rush was "retired" after Neil's hardships, thinking I would never see them live ever. This band meant so much to me, more than just a good tune. They kept me going through so many tough times when I was younger and I can honestly say I don't know how I would have gotten through some nights without listening to them. If nothing made me smile in this world, it was Rush who did and inspired me to do whatever I dreamt. ("A spirit with a vision..") But when they came out with Vapor Trails and I got to see them for the first time...then a second..then a third, it was unbelievable. But being front row this year, and connecting with other TRFers has been so meaningful to me. My show this year was something I waited 15 years for, ever since I heard Rush for the first time. I still can't believe how lucky I've been.

So... trink39.gif to another album, and maybe another tour. I can't wait for the DVD!

Thanks for the welcome. I've been a RUSH fan since forever. I've seen them four times. The latest was the S&A tour in 07 in Atlanta. Man, I had a good time. I was referred to this site by a friend by the name of KA. It is very refreshing to find a whole bunch of people like me.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 24 2008, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (skyswing @ Jul 24 2008, 08:19 PM)

bekloppt.gif wub.gif trink39.gif

back atcha ILG! trink39.gif from my me and my fam!

QUOTE (mikerudamann @ Jul 24 2008, 09:46 PM)
Thanks for the welcome. I've been a RUSH fan since forever. I've seen them four times. The latest was the S&A tour in 07 in Atlanta. Man, I had a good time. I was referred to this site by a friend by the name of KA. It is very refreshing to find a whole bunch of people like me.

bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif

Glad to see you made it here!

Just got back from the Indy show. It was great. Rush Roadies with chicken all came out and air drummed during Tom Sawyer. So much energy during the show and everything was pretty mind blowing.

That's it for now. Night night.

Just got back from Indy show. Wow! Being the last show of the tour, the boys had quite a bit of fun. Geddy spoke a lot more than usual tonight. Instead of the normal "Thank you, here's one from the new album" .. he would take 4-5 minutes and just talk about random things.

During Tom Sawyer, the entire crew came out on stage and played the air drums (including someone in a chicken costume, complete with a half empty Southern Comfort bottle).

The most touching moment of the evening was at the end of the encore when Neil stood up, instead of his usual quick wave both directions and run off .. he stood there for at least 1-2 minutes waving at the crowd, at one point touching his heart and mouthing "bye bye". I had never seen him do that in my 25 years of concerts.

Godspeed Rush.. we hope to see you again soon.

The S&A chapter of Rush will always remain special for me. Not only their best album since ... say Grace under Pressure, but also because of the live shows in Rotterdam.

After all these years listening to Exit Stage Left , Show of Hands, Rio, R30 etc. etc., now I'm on the live album. And I deserved it... laugh.gif

Archived