This Rush chapter comes to a close tonight

Cygnus The God Of Balance

I've posted already in this thread but I'll go ahead and asy something again.

Rush, you guys have transformed my life for the better, and I think a lot of other people can relate!!

Before this tour started, I was a big fan, then the tour started and I joined TRF, learned everything about Rush, and even collected bootlegs! (RIP thorny for helping me get started!) You guys are so great, and we love ya a lot, and can't wait for the next tour!

So have a great vacation, and we'll all go ut and buy the live DVD! laugh.gif Thanks for everything, and we'll see you soon!

-Tim (aka Xanadu93 on http://www.therushforum.com )

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (hektur @ Jul 26 2008, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (skyswing @ Jul 25 2008, 09:34 PM)

This is a montage of several songs.
SPOILER VIDEO BELOW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBJW9Mhn2A&feature=related

To Neil, Geddy and Alex - thanks for the memories!

Thanks for the spoiler alert, I am attending their show on the Moon during leg 3 next weekend. Wouldnt want to know the setlist.

bolt.gif

laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (hektur @ Jul 26 2008, 07:38 PM)

SPOILER VIDEO BELOW:

Thanks for the spoiler alert, I am attending their show on the Moon during leg 3 next weekend. Wouldnt want to know the setlist.

bolt.gif

No need to worry about spoilers. I heard from a very reliable source the set list for the 3rd leg will be completely revamped.

What an amazing couple of years it has been for a great many of us and our favourite band. I will be forever grateful for 2 things;

1, after being desperately unhappy last year when I realised that I was not going to be able to see RUSH play on their SNAKES AND ARROWS tour in 07 after a severe financial setback, to actually seeing them live for the first time ever this year and being able to see 4 shows. This was amazing in itself and only possible when the boys announced a second leg of the tour. smile.gif

2. My first ever show was in SARATOGA SPRINGS FRONT ROW and was made super special by ILUVGEDDY'S amazing generosity and kind heartedness wub.gif I will never forget this night and either will Jill that's for sure.

All my 4 shows were so fantastic and extra special in their own right - My flag certainly was seen that's for sure.

I had such a great trip and met so many wonderful people from TRF firstly, in Canada then at Pagscon and who could forget the EXXON EXTRAVAGANZA the creme de la creme of tailgate parties. What wonderful hosts Pags and Owlswing were at PAGSCON and it was a highlight of my American adventure.

Rush will have a well earned break now and then I will be awaiting news of a new album in a year or so. 3 of the most incredible musicians the world has ever seen and I can't wait for the DVD later in the year. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 27 2008, 03:55 AM)

SPOILER VIDEO BELOW:

bolt.gif

No need to worry about spoilers. I heard from a very reliable source the set list for the 3rd leg will be completely revamped.

I have rock solid proof they will be playing Hemispheres. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 28 2008, 09:40 PM)

SPOILER VIDEO BELOW:

bolt.gif

I heard from my source that they are rehearsing in a warehouse in Melbourne and that Jacobs Ladder, Camera Eye and Marathon were all rehearsed in their entirety and will all have reserved spots in the final set.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 29 2008, 01:45 AM)

SPOILER VIDEO BELOW:

bolt.gif

I heard from my source that they are rehearsing in a warehouse in Melbourne and that Jacobs Ladder, Camera Eye and Marathon were all rehearsed in their entirety and will all have reserved spots in the final set.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 28 2008, 10:49 PM)

SPOILER VIDEO BELOW:

bolt.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Maestro @ Jul 29 2008, 02:06 AM)

SPOILER VIDEO BELOW:

bolt.gif

rofl3.gif

Oh yeah? Well, my source can beat up your source, and he says they're doing EVERY SINGLE SONG from Roll the Bones for the whole second half of the show!

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 29 2008, 12:59 PM)
QUOTE (Maestro @ Jul 29 2008, 02:06 AM)

SPOILER VIDEO BELOW:

bolt.gif

rofl3.gif

Oh yeah? Well, my source can beat up your source, and he says they're doing EVERY SINGLE SONG from Roll the Bones for the whole second half of the show!

My source has already stated that the second half is reserved for 11 Snakes and Arrows songs and the drum solo. sarcasm.gif

Thank you 2.gif for a great mega-tour. I saw them once on the first leg in Tampa, and three times on the second leg (Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, and Atlanta).

Met some great people, had some brew, and have lately come to love buckets of chicken!

Until the next tour....

My only wish is that we could have seen the second leg of this tour.

The Hollywood Bowl show last fall was monstrous.

I still love the new album, and S&A live kicks. Can't wait for the DVD too!

Is it just my imagination or do they continue to get better and better each tour? biggrin.gif

Since the tour is over now, and that 'tracking' their plane across the country is no longer frowned upon. ph34r.gif

I wanted to share information on the airplane they used for most of the 2nd leg.

http://www.chartright.com/challenger601.htm

It is nice to know they traveled in luxury, in a first class aircraft.

Tail ID# CFNEU.

The also spent part of the leg in the Falcon 2000,

http://www.chartright.com/falcon2000-cgsmr.htm

Just some interesting information I learned and thought that others may also be curious about.

2.gif

To "My Boys" I can only say...

Thank you, thank you, a thousand thank yous!

Now, "Where's My Thing?" Oh yeah, that's right I told you to "Leave My Thing Alone!"

Archived