The Will Ferrell poll!

Jack Aubrey

I'd rather...  

46 members have voted

1. 1. I'd rather...

• Go see a Will Ferrell movie
    • Stab myself repeatedly in the gut with a bread knife

Based on all the warm feelings I saw expressed for the man in today's other Ferrell thread. Your vote matters!

I enjoy Will Ferrell in small doses. I don't enjoy bread knives to the gut under any circumstances. Edited by ILSnwdog

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 17 2008, 06:48 PM)
The man makes me laugh. I love Anchorman.

As for Adam Sandler....

goodpost.gif

I love his movies, though I think I've seen Anchorman enough times to pretty much quote it all the way through, so I need a bit of a break. laugh.gif

Well I guess I mis-read the pulse of the forum today! laugh.gif I'm embarassed. I still hate Will Ferrell, though!

Given the choices, I'll watch the Ferrell movie. But for the most part, I avoid them.

I liked some of his SNL stuff, and I LOVE "Old School," but his latest batch of dumb comedies are turds. I can understand maybe renting them, but paying full theater price for that crap is incomprehensible to me. It'd be like someone collecting "King Ralph" merchandise. laugh.gif "Talladega Nights," "Blades of Glory," etc. - it's just crap.

"Mitch... is that you? I'm so cold. I think I see Blue; he looks glorious!" rofl3.gif

After seeing Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back I became a fan.

After seeing the outtakes on the Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back DVD, most of which are just Will Ferrell improvising, I became a big fan.

And that was before the genius of the news crew gang fight in Anchorman.

Brick killed a guy!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 18 2008, 10:38 AM)
I think he's absolutely hilarious and elevates any movie he's in. He can't make a bad movie great, but he can make a bad movie less bad. He can make a good movie great. yes.gif

goodpost.gif

What he said. 100% Agreed...Will is hillarious.

Obviously, alot of you seem to be looking for too much out of his movies. They're simple and funny. I like that. yes.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jul 19 2008, 05:12 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 18 2008, 10:38 AM)
I think he's absolutely hilarious and elevates any movie he's in.  He can't make a bad movie great, but he can make a bad movie less bad.  He can make a good movie great. yes.gif

goodpost.gif

What he said. 100% Agreed...Will is hillarious.

Obviously, alot of you seem to be looking for too much out of his movies. They're simple and funny. I like that. yes.gif

'Obviously' nothing. I didn't look for too much before I saw Animal House, Coming to America, Friday, Half-Baked, etc. but I found all of those very funny.

Some people just don't like Ferrell's kind of humor too much. Others loathe it and find him annoying. I'm the latter.

I couldn't vote. There wasn't a 'I'd rather stab myself, come back from the dead then stab myself again' option

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 17 2008, 06:17 PM)
Well I guess I mis-read the pulse of the forum today!  laugh.gif I'm embarassed. I still hate Will Ferrell, though!

I hate him too! You are not alone!

There's stupid, there's funny , and there's stupid-funny.

Will Farrell is just stupid.

Edited by Marathonist

I liked the movie Step Brothers a lot, that was one of his best ones in a while. Movies like that Kicking and Screaming and Talladega Knights were boring.

He's sort of becoming like Sandler in that its basically the same charachter in all his movies.

Anchorman and Elf i think were both pretty original and funny.

Old School i feel is a bit overrated.